Sign in to follow this  
PARADIXO

Harry Potter

d70dhd9-e64dc6e6-7639-400b-9ae3-90aec3d5

Beware, Muggles of LanaBoards

This is the official thread for the Harry Potter films and books

giphy.gif

Let's start with some questions

When and how did you discover Harry Potter?

What's your favorite film?

What about your favorite book?

Who's your favorite character and why?

Favorite spells?

What's your House?

What's your Patronus?

16e82916e2bfcaf1f05314e52547c9ab.gif

Harry Potter has always been part of my life, and every few years I get super obsessed with it over and over again. Last year, though, I felt an unusual deep connection with it, and since then it's helping me cope with some of my darkest emotions. I always read it and watched it literally, but now I'm connecting the story to my own life and it's different. I couldn't be more thankful for its existence.

I used to love Harry Potter and everything but my feelings for the stories have cooled down a bit, maybe because I'm older now. I've read all the books (Order of the Phoenix thrice during one summer lol) and I've watched the films but I don't remember them very well. I just remember that I didn't really like how they added romance in the later films where there wasn't in the novels. I'm not really feeling the Fantastic Beasts movies, I went with my friends to watch them and told them that I probably won't come along to watch the next one.

Ok, so to fill in that questionnaire...

Literally everyone were obsessing over the franchise, and I decided to pick up the first book to see what it was all about. I never really liked reading until I read Harry Potter, my teachers tried to give me different books and I liked none of them, but JK Rowling was the person who made me like reading. I was like... 11? :P

I don't remember them very well, so I can't answer. I'd have to watch them all over to remember I think.

Either The Halfblood Prince or The Deathly Hallows.

Hmmmnnndsdnskjdnskj such a difficult question!!! I'll go with Snape for the unexpected plot twist lol.

Favorite spells?

I don't remember them very well Accio seems very handy lol, but I also like alohomora for the word. Avada Kedavra for being iconic.

What's your House?

Hufflepuff. :hooker:

What's your Patronus?

I honestly have no idea lol

Why did I even fill in this form lol my memory is so bad

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I don't think I had even heard about HP since it was before the movies came out. Someone gave me CoS, but since I hadn't read PS it didn't really make sense lol. I only became a fan after watching the first movie, then I bought the books and read them like 1000 times

Hmm, PoA or HBP.

HBP or OoTP.

Lucius Malfoy, I connect to him on a deeper level. Also I want to fuck him. Same for Viktor, what a hunk, and great guy too. I used to love Snape, but I've dated too many men that remind me of him so...yeah sort of over that.

Favorite spells?

Accio, lol I'm a lazy bitch.

What's your House?

Slytherin.

What's your Patronus?

A racoon, probably.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

21 years ago... holy shit  :deadbanana: My elementary school librarian always suggested books for me. I was getting into fantasy / action series, so she suggested HP.  When Azkaban came in, she set it aside for me so I would be the first kid to read it even though I had checked it out at another library because my school library was always a year or more behind. 

Prisoner of Azkaban or Order Of The Phoenix

Azkaban

Luna, Tonks or Molly because they're the best  :defeated:

Favorite spells?

Lumos because it works on my phone

What's your House?

Ravenclaw  :hooker:

What's your Patronus?

When I took the Pottermore test I got some dog, but my real one is a sloth

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

My mom took us to the cinema to see the first movie, and after that i watched all of them when they came out, but that was it. But 5 years ago i decided to read the books and that's how my obsession started. Since then i've read all the books ~10 times lol, reading them was a great source of comfort for years.

Half-Blood Prince or Deathly Hallows Pt1 maybe?

If i had to pick one i'd say it's goblet of fire, because i like how it's built up, starting with Harry's nightmare in the first chapter and ending with his worst nightmare becoming reality. I also love the way JKR writes about Harry's emotions in that book, i relate to it so much. But i also love Pilosopher's Stone, Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows as well.

I like Hermione because she's a lot like me  :creep:  I also love Luna, she's so pure. This is a bit random but i also really like Olliwander, i love that he's all about his magic.

Favourite spell?

Stupefy

What's your House?

I'm a proud Ravenclaw  :hooker: 

What's your Patronus?

Well, according to Pottermore, it's a ragdoll cat. And i'm fine with that   :hooker: 

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

When the first film came out on VHS in 2002! I was six at the time and I remember going to the supermarket with my mom to buy it, they handed this poster for free to everyone who bought it and I had the poster on my wall even when I was a teenager. I couldn't read at the time so my mom would usually read the subtitles out loud for us. I was a huge fan of Harry Potter, I'd watch the films dozens of times and so on. I started hoarding the books when I learned how to read, however I've got to admit that I think I've only read them like once each because the films were superior to me, I also spent a lot of my time playing the PC games of The Prisoner of Azkaban and The Order of the Phoenix
This was one of my favorite toys to play with even though I was too young to actually understand English, and actually I was thinking about it a while ago and when I went to visit my folks a couple of weeks ago, I accidentally bumped into it and it still worked! I really, really wanted a Barnes & Noble replica wand but they were difficult to find at the time, I've bumped into them at GameStop stores later on and ofc they're available on Amazon etc but I've yet to buy one - I definitely will once I'm comfortable with the idea of paying 30€ for something that I basically have no use for but I wanted one so bad when I was a kid so yeah. I think I also had a broom...?

These days I'd probably say Deathly Hallows Pt.I, I have absolutely no idea why though lol

Either The Order of the Phoenix or The Deathly Hallows.

Harry and Ron, not necessarily in that order (I think I had a minor crush on Ron at some point but I don't know). For some reason I also really liked Nymphadora Tonks even though she's a very minor character.

Favorite spells?
Wingardium leviosa and lumos when I was a kid, also accio and the extension charm later. 

What's your House?
Hufflepuff.

What's your Patronus?
A dolphin.

Overall Harry Potter was a big part of my childhood and the original films and books will always have a special place in my heart, even though I slowly grew out of the wizarding world - I've seen the new two FB films but I haven't really been into them, even though they expand the world of Harry Potter nicely. Every single time I go to GameStop I rush to take a look at the HP merchandise first, I would've been so happy to own an illuminating wand for example when I was younger like my heart actually aches a bit every time. And like I mentioned, I'm still drooling for this Barnes & Noble replica of Harry's wand and I'm determined to buy it eventually! :icant: I wouldn't mind owning the original prints of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Quidditch Through the Ages, since I had scanned copies of them and I don't really like the covers on the prints that are available these days. The Tales of Beedle the Bard could be interesting as well, I guess there's spell books too?

Edit: Oh yeah it still hurts to think that they used to sell Harry Potter chocolate frogs in basic ass supermarkets back then, those were the good old days... my friend bought me some when she went to London a few years back but then she fucking ended up eating them herself and all I got was some lousy card that had nothing to do with HP!

When I was in second grade one of my classmates brought the Half-Blood Prince dvd at school and we just watched it like that. Also, every time it rained and the outdoor garden wasn't available we would go to the auditorium and watch movies, and a lot of times it was HP ones (I remember being scared to death in the scene at the end of the first movie where the guy turns around and shows the other face).

I've never been a huge fan tho, my #1 book series was Percy Jackson, and I was 15 yo (or even 16) when I actually sat down and binged the whole HP series. as for the books, i never finished them (stopped halfway through the fifth).

for some reason tho, despite not being a fan and not having experienced hp as a child, it still evokes childhood memories. I suspect it's because when i was young I was friends with this kid who had like 4 brothers and they were all huge fans of hp and whenever i went to their house we would play/talk about hp

probably the fourth

don't really remember

idk, neville bc hes hot as fuck i guess 

Favorite spells?

dont know 

What's your House?

ravenclaw

What's your Patronus?

a boar i think? which yikes

edit:

the summer of 2014 i spent looking at old forum posts (mainly flames and people arguing cos im messy) on people debating HP fanfiction and that's the reason why i got into HP in the first place (and also my main source of information)

i kind of wish i was a teen during the years HP ended bc it looked like such a fan time to be on the internet

Been a fan since the first movie when I was like 6 hhaa

Order of the Phoenix but lately I've been loving the Half-blood Brince

Deathly Hallows

I think Harry really. I love how smart-ass he is and him underestimating his own worth is totally me.

Favorite spells?

Lumos, incendio, glisseo (I think one only done once in the deathly hallows by Hermione) and muffilato

What's your House?

Ravenclaw

What's your Patronus?

A bat!

I think I really just love the Harry Potter world more than the books, even though their my second favourite series.

I love Ilvermorny too.

I've been sorted into Wampus, Horned Serpent and Thunderbird before, but I'd definitely go Horned Serpent.

With the wand quiz on Pottermore, I've gotten a different answer for the core and the wood every time (dragon heartstring and pheonix feather, can't remember the woods), but it's always been 'quite flexible'

I just found this thread and wanted to answer lmao

I discovered Harry Potter through my older sister about 5 years ago.

My favorite film is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

My favorite book is Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

My favorite characters are Remus Lupin & Luna Lovegood. I personally relate to both of these characters and they are both so well written.

Favorite spells?

Hmm, maybe Expecto Patronum, Accio, and Obliviate

What's your House?

Ravenclaw!

What's your Patronus?

Pine Marten

Bonus: My wand is Ebony Wood with a Dragon Heartstring core, 11 3/4 inches and hard in flexibility

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

My favorite book is Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

YES! So fucking good. And I adore Luna too.

---

I changed my mind and my favorite films are Order of the Phoenix, Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows Part I. My favorite book is still Half-Blood Prince.

I just bought the illustrated edition of Philospher's Stone for my little brother <3 We'll read it tonight.

OOTP is so underrated

awww

I know right! People usually dislike it because of either Dolores Umbridge or Harry's attitude towards everyone. But I mean, Dolores is definitely one of the best written antagonists ever... And the most "real" villain in the series. I mean, you won't find a Voldemort or a Bellatrix in real life. However we all have/had a Dolores in our life. And regarding Harry's bad mood... It was obvious. He's now a teen and all of his traumas are taking over. Some people even dare to say it's not an important piece of the series... Absolutely wrong. Ugh, such a good book AND film!

I know right! People usually dislike it because of either Dolores Umbridge or Harry's attitude towards everyone. But I mean, Dolores is definitely one of the best written antagonists ever... And the most "real" villain in the series. I mean, you won't find a Voldemort or a Bellatrix in real life. However we all have/had a Dolores in our life. And regarding Harry's bad mood... It was obvious. He's now a teen and all of his traumas are taking over. Some people even dare to say it's not an important piece of the series... Absolutely wrong. Ugh, such a good book AND film!

Yes i adore the film too! probably my third favorite. I think they did a better job at adapting OOTP than GOF or HBP tbh, they left too much out of those ones.

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

I know this says books but I've just watched Goblet of Fire for like the 348920942904242012381024735647th time and I must say the movie aged so well. It used to be one of my least favorites because I've always thought it dragged for too long but now I think it's perfect, I only wish they had included that part where they run from the death eaters in the forest, I think 5 minutes would be enough. Way better than that mess of Harry passing out and not getting stomped.

Also, I think it would've been amazing if they made Ron and Hermione follow Harry and Moody after the whole graveyard thing, I wish the two of them tried to battle him to protect Harry or something, but at the same time it would be too much like the climax of Prisioner of Azkaban with the two of them telling Sirius that if he wanted to kill Harry he would've to kill them too and the three of them ganging up to attack Snape.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I've been randomly watching the films again but also reading along as well this time (I'm pretty wack  :hooker: ) and I must say that I'm incredibly impressed by the intricacy of the story. Like damn, someone really imagined an entire other universe in their mind. I love it a lot! It's just Ginny that I have a hard time liking (something about her personality just doesn't do it for me) but otherwise, I find nearly every character to be fascinating in their own way.

Apparently the copy of Deathly Hallows I own is now worth $250 do you guys know where I can sell it?  :hooker:

Omg! How come?

I've been randomly watching the films again but also reading along as well this time (I'm pretty wack  :hooker: ) and I must say that I'm incredibly impressed by the intricacy of the story. Like damn, someone really imagined an entire other universe in their mind. I love it a lot! It's just Ginny that I have a hard time liking (something about her personality just doesn't do it for me) but otherwise, I find nearly every character to be fascinating in their own way.

exatctly!!! that's what i love about it, and it makes me admire jkr soo much, it's unbelievable how this whole thing fit in her mind. like there are half sentences and little mentions hidden all over the books that don't seem too relevant at that moment but a few books later become really important, (eg. like Snape being a legilimens, she mentions in sc that Harry sometimes have a feeling that Snape can read his mind and in ootp it turns out to be true) and the books are full of stuff like these and i love them, it's like discovering a little hidden gem while re-reading the books.

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it