Lana Del Rey

Caroline Polachek

4 minutes ago, Roger said:

Is it true that there's a demo from the Pang tracklist that leaked before the album release? Dunno if it was Door or Parachute, I saw someone tweeting to Caroline and I guess Caroline got angry about it, I remember I read something like that on Twitter, wasn't able to find those tweets tho.

Im pretty sure that was when the So Hot instrumental leaked, she was upset because she planned on releasing them thru bandcamp as an anniversary present 

12 minutes ago, Roger said:

Is it true that there's a demo from the Pang tracklist that leaked before the album release? Dunno if it was Door or Parachute, I saw someone tweeting to Caroline and I guess Caroline got angry about it, I remember I read something like that on Twitter, wasn't able to find those tweets tho.

It was parachute 

everyone thought it was Marina until Parachute officially came out apparently lol The thread goes on for a while and Caroline said it's a different vocal take and that it's very rare materials. 

Omg hahahaha that's hilarious.

Damn, Marina wished that was her song tho
L+F was ok but I miss her more signature stuff

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Polachek is really so fantastic. Started listening to the Chairlift stuff as well and I love it so much, ugh. She's pure talent.

I think I can see what was mentioned about Pang maybe missing some "punchier" songs. I feel that stuff like Insonmia is a bit "too-filler" and not really bad, but just... exists.

But then you have... Go As A Dream, Hit Me Where It Hurts, I Give Up (which took me a really long time to click but FUCK), the Title Track.... She's that girl.

Just now, veinsineon said:

No fillers on pang only spiritual journeys you must be willing to go on :willcut:

Me when I finally "got it" with I Give Up and Hey Big Eyes

Caroline Shut Up & Insomnia on the other hand...

Just read the last pages and thrilled to know there's actually outtakes out there. Driver Go Faster in HQ please?? omg.

And this is a bop. The high notes... I can't. 

1 hour ago, veinsineon said:

No fillers on pang only spiritual journeys you must be willing to go on :willcut:

1 hour ago, DinahLee said:

Me when I finally "got it" with I Give Up and Hey Big Eyes

Caroline Shut Up & Insomnia on the other hand...

I had a hard time getting into Hey Big Eyes and New Normal, now I like em a lot.

Man... that 1-2-3 punch with Hit Me Where It Hurts, I Give Up and Look at Me Now
It's way too intense, it's a rollercoaster, then, fucking Insomnia (it's not a filler, it seems like but it has it's narrative purpose) ruins the vibe to me, it's too slow and lowkey to me.

Caroline Shut Up in the other hand... I just don't like it. It's cute but it would've been better as a japanese bonus track, I expected SO MUCH with that title alone.

I feel the album would've been way better with this flow:

1. The Gate
2. Pang
3. New Normal
4. Hit Me Where It Hurts
5. I Give Up
6. Look at Me Now
7. Go As a Dream
8. Ocean of tears (shaking things off)
9. So Hot You're Hurting My Feelings (up beat after the last one)
10. Hey Big Eyes
11. Caroline Shut Up (i could do without it)
12. Parachute 
13. Insomnia (nice transition)
14. Door (epic finale) 

That unreleased live song is SO good 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Omg but I couldn’t imagine disliking Caroline Shut Up ... it’s like The 50’s ballad love song that shows some affectionate soft side of the listener. Plus the BRIDGE!!!  laying in the bath spit out a fountain of wine,,,,LOOKING LIKE A GOD YOU KNOW YOU FUCK ME U-UP

:trisha:

6 hours ago, DinahLee said:

I was so shook to realize she wrote (and produced!!) Beyonce's "No Angel". It was one of my favorites from Self Titled.

She’s performed it live at a couple shows!!

As if Haunted wasn’t all the proof we need that self titled is Beyoncé’s best..

8 hours ago, veinsineon said:

She’s performed it live at a couple shows!!

As if Haunted wasn’t all the proof we need that self titled is Beyoncé’s best..

The bass just blowing the phone's microphone.

She's too powerful ugh. And when it goes into Tears... History. That's History

First time I saw "Caroline performed No Angel!!" I thought it was a Charli cover nnn then I learned about this.

And you're correct about selt titled.

All the new remixes are amazing!!! 

Tbh the weakest ones are the previously released ones. 

Btw, I read that two remixes are exclusive to the vinyl, most likely Parachute and New Normal, I'm scared those won't be on streaming.