Tyler

Parental Advisory Warning

This is more a question about the people behind the record production I suppose, but why do you think Ride gets and explicit label on iTunes whereas Radio doesn't (even though it drops the f bomb way more)? Is it just because ride is a single?

2dt29zc.jpg

I think it's up to the person that uploads the songs. I've seen bands put explicit songs on iTunes yet there was no explicit tag, many times. Maybe they didn't want anyone to shy away from BTD because it was her debut, so they didn't put explicit tags on the songs. Now that she's more famous, they don't mind as much and they're fine with letting people know there's a few bad words in the songs. I don't think iTunes actually checks to make sure unless someone complains.

14417469274.gif

Is it just because ride is a single?

Sounds plausible. Hmm. Maybe it's something technical for album tracks. You know, like how you can get away with saying fuck in a PG-13 movie as long as it isn't used in a sexual manner.

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

I bought Born to Die at Wal-Mart :creep: They're not allowed to have explicit stuff, but my copy still has fucking, shit, and bitches. Is it conceivable that they might have put out the album without telling anyone there was explicit stuff? :creep:

I bought Born to Die at Wal-Mart :creep: They're not allowed to have explicit stuff, but my copy still has fucking, shit, and bitches. Is it conceivable that they might have put out the album without telling anyone there was explicit stuff? :creep:

lana troll rey :troll:

4r9w86.jpg

The logo is not a rating, and there are no agreed-upon standards for the label. It is the record company's decision whether or not an album requires a label. Some albums, however, have been considered so extreme in their violent content that the distributor of the album has put on a secondary warning next to the Parental Advisory sticker, most notably Geto Boys' self-titled album released in 1990.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parental_Advisory

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.