YUNGATA

The 2012 U.S election thread

My exboyfriend is making arrangements for me to come live with him in Brazil in Romney wins. :excited:

Omg lucky you. If that happens you get to say LANA PLEASE COME TO BRAZIL!!!

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I think most of us are, actually. I can only think of a small handful that aren't.

I'm not...

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

BBC coverage says that more Americans prefer Obama's policies on foreign affairs and healthcare and more people prefer Romney's economic policies so that's probably a reason why people are voting.

I was watching the live feed on the Huffington Post and the man reading the statistics literally said "old, rich, straight, white males are more likely to vote for Romney."

OBAMA: 78

ROMNEY: 82

Guest Maru the Cat

Hmm still not seeing the logic as social issues are what is going to affect the members of this forum most- which is made up primarily of gays and women- if Romney were to be elected but alrighty

My point is that people are saying, "ROMNEY IS A HOMOPHOBE"/ "ROMNEY DOESN'T WANT GAYS TO GET MARRIED" -- we know this (not the former, we don't know that for sure). This is not discussion. It's a black and white issue, which is not at all worth discussing imo. There's no shades of gray here, yeah, it's unfortunate this is the stance that the GOP takes on this, but it is what it is and circle-jerking about it does not foster better discussion. I'd rather discuss the economy or education or foreign policy or anything other than that. At the very least, if we are going to discuss it, we might as well talk about equitable societies and the correlation to a stronger economy.

Just something to think about though, Romney was/is probably the most moderate out of the GOP candidates for this year which to me suggests maybe a shift in Republican core values, especially since younger generations are getting to the voting age. I know quite a few people who agree with Republican views purely on economic policy but not necessarily social views.

The shift was a gradual thing; a Regan presidency would look a lot different than Romney presidency. The social platform is the only real thing that sets the Republicans and Democrats apart.

I'm not...

I thought you said you were a girl?..

I'd rather discuss the economy or education or foreign policy or anything other than that.

yes, but like you said before, not many of us know much about that :creep:

14417469274.gif

Guest Maru the Cat

yes, but like you said before, not many of us know much about that :creep:

:creep:

I know lol. But (I believe) Maru said gay guys! Or maybe it was TPD. She said there are lots of gay guys and women, as in, women in general, not gay women.

Oh, ok. Well, were're mostly girls here so just focusing on the gay guys is a bit weird.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.