YUNGATA

The 2012 U.S election thread

I know I'm not a mod but... I'm sure we can have sensible discussions about Romney/Obama but try not to turn it into an argument. We should keep it about the election and not about the candidates because I don't want forum members to dislike each other.

Well, the election is totally about the candidates, but I'll try not to make it about the voters anymore :blush:

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Guest Maru the Cat

How so?? Just people people state their opinions and others agree?

Nothing wrong with everyone agreeing; forum members are in the younger demographic, the majority (or it certainly seems like it!) are gay... it makes sense that there'd be support for Obama. I'm not really a fan of certain things being said earlier, because they don't promote any sort of discussion though. Discussing social issues, primarily from the Republican POV is pointless -- unless you're going to offer any real critiques of their plan of welfare reform (or just cut-backs, really), it's pointless. Same-sex marriage, ~pro-life~ (I fucking hate that term) -- these are fundamental Republican values. They're not gonna change any time soon. Why bother pointing them out? So everyone can say, "Yeah, he sucks!!" and agree with one another? Hell, I'd rather talk about binders full of women or Big Bird or bayonets. :facepalm:

I do like seeing the results as they come in get posted, so thanks guys!!

Honestly, there are times I don't even think the GOP cares about Romney. They seem to be more concerned with planting seeds for Chris Christie in 2016 than Mitt.

I have hopes for Jindal in 2016 ....although I don't think it's very likely that he will secure his party's nomination, unfortunately. I hope to be proven wrong... I don't think he's expressed any interest in a presidency yet.

...I also really want someone brown as president. :toofloppy:

Nothing wrong with everyone agreeing; forum members are in the younger demographic, the majority (or it certainly seems like it!) are gay... it makes sense that there'd be support for Obama. I'm not really a fan of certain things being said earlier, because they don't promote any sort of discussion though. Discussing social issues, primarily from the Republican POV is pointless -- unless you're going to offer any real critiques of their plan of welfare reform (or just cut-backs, really), it's pointless. Same-sex marriage, ~pro-life~ (I fucking hate that term) -- these are fundamental Republican values. They're not gonna change any time soon. Why bother pointing them out? So everyone can say, "Yeah, he sucks!!" and agree with one another? Hell, I'd rather talk about binders full of women or Big Bird or bayonets. :facepalm:

Just something to think about though, Romney was/is probably the most moderate out of the GOP candidates for this year which to me suggests maybe a shift in Republican core values, especially since younger generations are getting to the voting age. I know quite a few people who agree with Republican views purely on economic policy but not necessarily social views.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

the majority (or it certainly seems like it!) are gay

That's such a weird thing to say. A few guys here are gay, not the majority.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.