Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Wow I'm really happy California currently has the most votes, that one came through so hard I was shook and it's my favourite. She really fucking nailed that chorus. Even if I'm not a big fan of "stronger than you really are, faster than my fastest cars" lyrics, the remainder of the song is so good that it erases all that. And I love how she switches up how she sings "you don't ever have to" in the second verse.

I adore the way she sings the chorus if’s so full of nostalgia and longing

How to disappear sounds like a classic Lana/Lizzy song but if she worked with Beach House.. the beat reminds me of lots of their songs. Also generally some iconic songs from the 50’s & 60’s. & then it’s got that sad Christmas vibe- I’m just SOOO in love with HTD it seriously reminded me of everything I love about Lana in one song. The lyrics are so beautiful :crai:

The sad strings :rollin:

CLASSIC Lana sadcore at its best :defeated:

14417469274.gif

okay so i LOVE how to disappear but this album is so stellar and amazing that its my least fav tbh :( let me just say though that a few of these song entered my top 10 ldr songs of all time so that tells you all you need to know about my opinions on the record

giphy.gif

cinnamon girl is perfect

i voted for every song in the poll

this album brought tears to my eyes

even though BAR has completely changed lyrics I'm just so happy to see it officially released

thank you Lana

"Mic-check. One, two. One, two. One, two. Get it girl"       tumblr_o3ewzjGWlK1rrn6oao1_500.gif

Since Lana thanked Chuck for "making a three-part beautiful video", will it be released? Happiness is a butterfly + Norman Fucking Rockwell + … (California? Bartender?)?

the current standings:

california - 225

cinnamon - 217

venice - 191

the greatest - 189

happiness - 157

bartender - 153

love song - 149

nfr - 139

mariners - 131

fuck it - 123

doin time - 95

TNBAR - 71

hope - 69

disappear - 65

giphy.gif

Well, that Chuck video is obviously for HIAB, but she posted variations of that video for MAC and Venice bitch, so maybe the 3rd part is HIAB itself?

If not, then I'm pretty sure the 3 part video is definetly for HIAB, NFR and Bartender. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be released, she didn't make it for nothing right? She also just mentioned it again in todays post so for sure it's being released soon

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Playing LOUDLY all the way through for the first time. Got chills and started crying during "Love Song" and again on "California". The only low point for me is the cracktacular sleigh bells (?) added to HTD. I prefer the original BAR but am treating it as a different song from "Next BAR"...like a 2-parter. My favorites are "Cinnamon Girl" which I expected, and "FIILY", which I didn't. And "California." Definitely. It references one of my favorites ever, "Flipside", so how could I not?  :blush3:

UV is still my favorite Lana album, but this is now in 2nd place for me.  :crai:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

Well, that Chuck video is obviously for HIAB, but she posted variations of that video for MAC and Venice bitch, so maybe the 3rd part is HIAB itself?

If not, then I'm pretty sure the 3 part video is definetly for HIAB, NFR and Bartender. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be released, she didn't make it for nothing right? She also just mentioned it again in todays post so for sure it's being released soon

i want it to be bartender so badd

giphy.gif

i want it to be bartender so badd

However, I think thematically Love song would make more sense, especially with Happiness is a butterfly (having sex in the car).