HeartshapedChevrolet

Paradise - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Paradise  

277 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs from Paradise?

• Ride
    • American
    • Cola
    • Body Electric
    • Blue Velvet
    • Gods & Monsters
    • Yayo
    • Bel Air
    • Burning Desire

I am so glad that my headphones came into today! To be able to listen to these songs in my bed in the dark. .. just my body and the music.

tumblr_mcok7v1L1m1rji0pmo1_500.gif

This is the ULTIMATE way to listen to Lana's music. A lot of albums sound great through headphones, but Lana's albums are beyond explanation. The soundscapes are so lush, soothing, eerie, haunting, beautiful etc. She can touch on any and every emotion with her voice - sometimes all within one song!

Gods & Monsters. I just can't even fully grasp how wonderful the song is yet. It just, my god, so beautiful. The lyrics, the beat, they're mesmerizing.

Agreed.

This is the one that got me hooked on her music recently - it is so haunting, dark, and unlike anything I've heard come out of modern music -- Gods and Monsters and Body Electric are the most haunting and possibly the best songs on Paradise.

...but I do have a soft spot for Ride.  ;)

delrey_zps3df8c502.jpg

COLA not even mention the bridge time, everyone who likes the song gets the shivers when she says "Decorate my neck..." I'm sure of it

^THIS

This is the ULTIMATE way to listen to Lana's music. A lot of albums sound great through headphones, but Lana's albums are beyond explanation. The soundscapes are so lush, soothing, eerie, haunting, beautiful etc. She can touch on any and every emotion with her voice - sometimes all within one song!

Agreed. The ultimate way to listen to newly released music by Lana is by yourself. I mean as soon as a new video is released I lock myself in my room and forget about the world for crying out loud. I did this whilst watching Ride, and wow... I still shiver whenever I see the video. Same goes out to National Anthem. I can't be the only one here doing it?  :icant:

EQFO7rX.png

Agreed. The ultimate way to listen to newly released music by Lana is by yourself. I mean as soon as a new video is released I lock myself in my room and forget about the world for crying out loud. I did this whilst watching Ride, and wow... I still shiver whenever I see the video. Same goes out to National Anthem. I can't be the only one here doing it?  :icant:

So true. I was so un-knowledgable about Lana when I first heard her a few weeks ago. I listened to Gods and Monsters on Youtube, watched the Ride video, and I was hooked. The VERY NEXT thing I did was buy "Born To Die" on Amazon and then zoned-out to it with headphones on. So essentially I discovered every song on the album "Born To Die" (even Video Games- YES, i know I'm out of the loop BIG TIME lol) with headphones on. I was hooked...I'd never heard anything like it.

I'm with you on "National Anthem"...by the time that track came into my ears I was like "where has this music been all my life???"

delrey_zps3df8c502.jpg

LANA DEL REY + THE KILLERS (CIRCA SAM'S TOWN) = RIDE

It's def. The Killers - When You Were Young for me. Her trembling voice is like Brandon's in WYWY.

Maru we are so in sync :flutter: I just recently realised how amazing a lana del rey + brandon flowers collab would be

Pv2V7uJ.png

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Hey guys!

Does anyone have the Paradise Edition Teaser Trailer? I have been searching for it for weeks with no luck. Lana made the video private on YouTube and other video sharing websites do not have it, to my knowledge. I was able to find some clips but not the whole video, unfortunately. 

Thanks for any and all help!

x

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

I've been looking for it as well, and have scoured the web. I thought Vimeo for sure would have it, as they seem to have everything else that she's ever done, but I can't seem to find it. If I do come across it, I'll be sure to let you know, and I would appreciate it if you would do the same. Thanks!

Although, Vimeo does have certain tracks set to the footage. I know American is on there.