HeartshapedChevrolet

Paradise - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Paradise  

277 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs from Paradise?

• Ride
    • American
    • Cola
    • Body Electric
    • Blue Velvet
    • Gods & Monsters
    • Yayo
    • Bel Air
    • Burning Desire

The world needs to show Blue Velvet more love, I rarely see it mentioned

Singin' in the old bars
Swingin' with the old stars
Livin' for the fame

this topic is about the entire PARADISE era

Why did I create this topic? 

Paradise is my 2nd favourite album (after dykttatuobv), and i wanted to have a nice little corner on the internet dedicated to it. 

So feel free to share any photo of lana from the paradise era! 

It's very awesome that you love Paradise album and era but we already have a thread dedicated to the album and era as a whole! :heart:

url%5D

still so many mysteries around this piece of art that need answers…

like were any of jfk, hollywood, i don’t wanna go, starry eyed and young and beautiful finalized for paradise or the versions we’ve got are the latest from paradise sessions, or if there are any tracks on paradise that are originally from btd era or older besides yayo, or if there are completely unknown paradise outtakes….. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

14 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

This is an EP not an LP, lets bring this argument back cus im bored :hooker:

I’ve always seen it more as an EP & online it says EP’s are 4-9 songs long. Different sites say different things like some say 4-6 and others 3-5.
So I guess Paradise can be considered an EP since it has 9 songs. But the BTD edition is an LP since disc 2 of the Paradise part has 10 (which includes burning desire) 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

6 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

I’ve always seen it more as an EP & online it says EP’s are 4-9 songs long. Different sites say different things like some say 4-6 and others 3-5.
So I guess Paradise can be considered an EP since it has 9 songs. But the BTD edition is an LP since disc 2 of the Paradise part has 10 (which includes burning desire) 

it’s 9 tracks with burning desire, and initially paradise has always been an idea of extended version of btd, it started as album of btd outtakes than it became an album when to those btd outtakes some newer songs were added like i don’t wanna go, demos of body electric and american, jfk, hollywood, and it became an album , lp (even lana mentioned that it was supposed to be an album at one point) and then it was all cut and released like that, but it’s definitely an ep 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

2 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

it’s 9 tracks with burning desire, and initially paradise has always been an idea of extended version of btd, it started as album of btd outtakes than it became an album when to those btd outtakes some newer songs were added like i don’t wanna go, demos of body electric and american, jfk, hollywood, and it became an album , lp (even lana mentioned that it was supposed to be an album at one point) and then it was all cut and released like that, but it’s definitely an ep 

Oh oops idk how I miscount that but then yeah it’s an EP case closed :whatever2:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

Thinking abt how Lana had no business going so hard on an EP like.... A 10 minute cinematic movie production level music video for Ride, a 20 minute campy film masterpiece known as Tropico, beautifully crafted lush songs, and so much more. Her mind amazes me :yell:

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

i’m still team Paradise Is A Whole Album And Era Separate From Born To Die :true:

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

6 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

i’m still team Paradise Is A Whole Album And Era Separate From Born To Die :true:

and you are correct! :dua:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

1 hour ago, cherrytropico said:

It's hard to distinguish it as it's own era when all of the production is the same style as Born to Die though. I mean the songs have their own flare and they're much more lush and orchestral but sonically it's the same as Born To Die and uses all of the same samples. With new era's she always changes it up, that's why (to me) it doesn't make much sense to class it as a seperate era/lp. It works amazingly as a great EP to close the BTD era with though, a fantastic piece of work either way

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e