Manueldelrey

Florence + The Machine fans react to Lana winning Best Alternative

The first thing i did when the EMA's were over was cheking twitter, i knew people would be mad at her for winning the award but the F+TM fans were the worst seriously... their coments were SO pathetic, they compared Lana with Psy and told that she won because she is cute and COMMERCIAL, that she didn't deserved the award, that she can't sing, that she will never be like Florence and that she will never reach Florence notes.

I love Florence but their fans are becoming the new Beliebers with that seriously, we lost to Carly Rae Jepsen and One Direction and we didn't made a huge fight... Florence is great but there are a lot of better singers in the world, if Lana is commercial why the albums and the singles of the people nominated to Best Alternative have sold more than Lana has? Florence wasn't the best in the category, she isn't better than Arctic Monkeys, Muse, Black Keys and Jack White so she didn't deserved it and if Florence is soooo great why she has only been nominated 2 times at the EMA and in stupid categories? Even Lana that is a very new artist have recieved more nominations IN ONE NIGHT than Florence in their whole carrer, and guess what? LANA WON SO IN YOUR FACE

This makes me mad.

Florence and Lana are both great, but in my opinion, Florence is more the artist than Lana ever will be. Her songwriting, appearance, and even her shows are just better than Lana's.

At the same time, it's really not appropriate to compare them. They're worlds apart.

And if you're trying to contrast your own reaction to that of the apparently seething Flo fan base, this is certainly not a good way to set the example:

LANA WON SO IN YOUR FACE

;)

I am not a fan of people who make a big deal about losing a category. It was obvious Lana would lose to One Direction and Carly Rae Jepsen, we're talking about MTV here. It's a shame people have to be so bitter about losing a category. But I don't agree w/ your comments on Florence regarding only being nominated in two categories. The MTV EMAs/VMAs are irrelevant to music since it's a popularity contest, not a measure of one's talent. Am I proud of Lana? Yes. But is it really a glorious moment for Lana's career, or anybody's career who had won? No.

can't stand florence at all, sorry. i find her music incredibly dull and boring, and to me, it all sounds the same.

well done del rey, beautiful as always.

This makes me mad.

Florence is more the artist than Lana ever will be. Her songwriting, appearance, and even her shows are just better than Lana's.

are you sure you're even a lana del rey fan?

4r9w86.jpg

I cannot stand Florence's style of singing... and after the "No Light" video, I was kind of done tbh, what a mess.

To be honest, I don't even watch her videos anymore. :P

Not that I watch Lana's either...I guess I'm just not a video person.

can't stand florence at all, sorry. i find her music incredibly dull and boring, and to me, it all sounds the same.

Aw. :( To each his/her own, I suppose.

are you sure you're even a lana del rey fan?

To be specific, I'm a Lizzy Grant fan. ;) But yes, Lana does have her moments.

I love both ^.^ Florence gets more of my respect (shes more creative, her voice is incredible, seems more the sort of girl I'd like), but I'm fans of both.

Thank you, Namira, for having such similar views to myself. :3

Madrigal (sorry, i would address you by your name, but i don't know it), sorry if i came across as rude, i wasn't trying to be ahaha.

No, you didn't! Bn2mO.png

I know how much I appear as a not-fan sometimes, and what you said was perfectly reasonable. :3

To be honest, I don't even watch her videos anymore. :P

Not that I watch Lana's either...I guess I'm just not a video person.

Neither am I, really. It took me like 2 weeks to watch Ride, and that's the only time I watched it. It's a nice video, but music videos bore me to death. The only reason I seek out music videos when I do is so I can screenshot a nice desktop background out of them.

14417469274.gif

Neither am I, really. It took me like 2 weeks to watch Ride, and that's the only time I watched it. It's a nice video, but music videos bore me to death. The only reason I seek out music videos when I do is so I can screenshot a nice desktop background out of them.

Yay! Finally, someone who understands me. Bn2mO.png

okay, that's good! i'm super tired so i've been even ****ier than usual. at least you weren't all like 'erhmegerd cc's a ****face' ;D

I completely understand. :]

And I'm not a goody-two-shoes or anything, but I try to never think that about anyone.

:P

If I do (unfortunately) end up with that impression about a person, I generally keep it to myself.

Bn2mO.png Bn2mO.png Bn2mO.png

I completely understand. :]

And I'm not a goody-two-shoes or anything, but I try to never think that about anyone.

:P

If I do (unfortunately) end up with that impression about a person, I generally keep it to myself.

Bn2mO.png Bn2mO.png Bn2mO.png

goodio(: haha, you're so nice! i'm just like 'right, this person's a waste of skin, avoid them like the plague' - but it does take a lot for me to think that. btw, do you really live in mauritius? my dad's half mauritian(is that how you spell it? argh, i sound so ignorant!).

4r9w86.jpg

Like Matt said, the EMA/VAM are based on popularity and public vote. They wanted Florence + the Machine to win? They should have voted more. That's it. Plus I really don't get why they're pissed, it's not like it's a big loss, and F+M have all the critics in her pocket. Everybody agrees that she's talented, have an amazing voice and song writing skills... which is not the case for Lana yet.

up45I.gif