Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Top Apple Music Pre-Adds, February 26th through March 4th

1. Nick Jonas, Spaceman (3/12/21) +11
  2. Taylor Swift, Fearless (Taylor’s Version) (4/9/21)
  3. NF, CLOUDS (THE MIXTAPE) (3/26/21) -2
  4. Aiko, どうしたって伝えられないから (3/3/21) -1
  5. Kings of Leon, When You See Yourself (3/5/21) +6
  6. Sumika, AMUSIC (3/3/21) NEW
  7. Selena Gomez, Revelación – EP (3/12/21) +7
  8. Lana Del Rey, Chemtrails Over the Country Club (3/19/21) +1
  9. The Offspring, Let The Bad Tinmes Roll (4/16/21) +6
  10. Eric Church, Heart (4/16/21) NEW

STABLE, the public will be streaming her BEST ALBUM 

1 minute ago, LanaCharts said:

Top Apple Music Pre-Adds, February 26th through March 4th

1. Nick Jonas, Spaceman (3/12/21) +11
  2. Taylor Swift, Fearless (Taylor’s Version) (4/9/21)
  3. NF, CLOUDS (THE MIXTAPE) (3/26/21) -2
  4. Aiko, どうしたって伝えられないから (3/3/21) -1
  5. Kings of Leon, When You See Yourself (3/5/21) +6
  6. Sumika, AMUSIC (3/3/21) NEW
  7. Selena Gomez, Revelación – EP (3/12/21) +7
  8. Lana Del Rey, Chemtrails Over the Country Club (3/19/21) +1
  9. The Offspring, Let The Bad Tinmes Roll (4/16/21) +6
  10. Eric Church, Heart (4/16/21) NEW

STABLE, the public will be streaming her BEST ALBUM 

Spoiler

the fact that kings of leon is on this list, it's all connected :wowcry: 

remember, i'll always love you, bye

14 minutes ago, Pin Up Galore said:
  Hide contents

the way Wild at Heart and How To Disappear have the same bells is cause they're both about Joe :omg:

Spoiler

i wonder if she uses "joe" as just a stand-in name for men she doesn't want to directly name. she used the name "josiah" in violet too

aOaIzH2.gif

42 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

Do any of the other songs have that kind of vibe?

Spoiler

dance til we a die a little bit, but its not exactly the same. it's the verses of dark that sound 90s and the chorus that sounds beatles-y.

aOaIzH2.gif

34 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

white dress <3 

Hide contents

North-Six4

maymisc10

maymisc3

Spoiler

i remain obsessed with the the way she revisits her past in her music, esp w how specific white dress is. a song so unique to her own experiences that it'd sound almost weird if someone else tried to cover it.

aOaIzH2.gif

1 hour ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

literally driving myself insane not listening to this album before the 19th.. all that keeps replaying in my head is the TJF snippet w the cat meows.. i know this wait will be worth it tho.  :icant:

We've got this bestie, time to bring out the cocc virgin purity rings :grinds:

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

Spoiler

please let this be the last album jack and lana ever do together...that's all im gonna say for now 

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

Spoiler

I have such a mixed opinion on this album. Its simultaneously very un-Lana (especially the countrier songs, which could be recorded by any other singer) and very proto-Lana (as in Sirens, AKA) at the same time. 

COCC seems to be an opposite of the grower since I liked it better during the first listen (my expectations for an other slower stripped down Jackoff album were pretty low after LMLYLAW) - especially because I was pleasantly surprised by her experimental vocals in White Dress, and the sound felt so serene and trippy. I really like the title track and TJF is the closest to the title of sexy bop on the album. Dark But Just a Game is nice and I like Breaking Up Slowly - but just as if it was not a Lana song? Idk

But afterwards it felt too cohesive? Boring? I'm kinda sad because once again there is nothing which can give me the intense emotions, feeling of grandeur and pure amazement UV and Honeymoon gave. Its a nice collection of songs but I absolutely don't get why anyone would praise it as a magnum opus - out of all her work.

Spoiler

the outro of tulsa jesus freak is making me tear up, it's so beautiful :( i love that although it's sultry and sensual at first glace, it has a cheerful, sweet, yet vulnerable energy, the outro is like you're with somebody very lovely and special and you just feel beautiful and free... 21 Struggles You'll Understand If You Have A Lot Of Feelings

remember, i'll always love you, bye

I lowkey want to erase the album off my phone so my streams will count for my 2021 playlist because right now my streams aren’t doing anything :bebe:

"Don’t forget me"

I understand that Jack is one of the nicer men in music to work with, but I’m hoping that Lana realizes that 1) he’s not that great of a collaborator because he works with her direct contemporaries which then muddles her own discography 2) the fact that she couldn’t get more counsel out of him is not solely because of the pandemic. It’s because they were already heading towards a creative roadblock 

(this is my modern manifesto)