Elle

Chemtrails Over the Country Club Merch & Media Drop

On 3/1/2021 at 9:41 PM, benririchardson said:

idk if anyone has mentioned this earlier but for the amazon beige vinyl the first pic is the cotcc single cover. do y'all think thats just a random error or is it maybe an alt cover? idk idk 61MS2Gwp7RL._SY355_.jpg

Just checked Amazon and it hadn’t been there before. I would love the wolf cover for vinyl though the mock still shows the original cover 

1 hour ago, Awsten Knight said:

Just checked Amazon and it hadn’t been there before. I would love the wolf cover for vinyl though the mock still shows the original cover 

it’s actually been there for ages, can’t remember what page someone clocked it but i wouldn’t worry!

Maybe we've written so many pages because she's dropping so many versions of the same album... I never thought she'd actually do that, haha. Maybe the label is trying to make earnings from album sales instead of tour tickets because of the pandemic?

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Guys why are you buying this OBI variant? It's fake, and according to users on reddit, it's not even well written :toofunny:  so basically it is like if a German store made the exact same with google translate, in japanese, french, or any other language... plus, I'm sure that the copies sold in Japan will have a real OBI, in proper japanese, and for the same price... it doesn't matter if that one is limited or hand numbered, it's not even Lana the one writting the numbers down... they're basically taking advantage of the fans, and you're feeding this behaviour, which is none of my business, but anyway, here's my recommendation:
https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/searches?term.media_format=&q=lana+chemtrails for the cd

discogs for the vinyls

there are plenty of stores online, one might be more convenient for you depending on where you're living in and shipping costs, but honestly, I recommend you to cancel your order (or to keep it then sell it), if it's not even well written, it's kind of a joke, sorry for being a bummer

On 4/10/2021 at 9:30 AM, TrashMagiq said:

the incest admiring... country album’s coming i fear

3 hours ago, Clampigirl said:

Maybe we've written so many pages because she's dropping so many versions of the same album... I never thought she'd actually do that, haha. Maybe the label is trying to make earnings from album sales instead of tour tickets because of the pandemic?

Definitely... and in all honestly I think she deserves it, especially considering ALL other artists doing exactly the same thing, if not worse. So, yeah, coins coins coins coming in for Lana too:clapback:

4 hours ago, mezzanine said:

Guys why are you buying this OBI variant? It's fake, and according to users on reddit, it's not even well written :toofunny:  so basically it is like if a German store made the exact same with google translate, in japanese, french, or any other language... plus, I'm sure that the copies sold in Japan will have a real OBI, in proper japanese, and for the same price... it doesn't matter if that one is limited or hand numbered, it's not even Lana the one writting the numbers down... they're basically taking advantage of the fans, and you're feeding this behaviour, which is none of my business, but anyway, here's my recommendation:
https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/searches?term.media_format=&q=lana+chemtrails for the cd

discogs for the vinyls

there are plenty of stores online, one might be more convenient for you depending on where you're living in and shipping costs, but honestly, I recommend you to cancel your order (or to keep it then sell it), if it's not even well written, it's kind of a joke, sorry for being a bummer

I can read Japanese. Her name is spelled ラナ・デル・レイ on Japanese Wiki (and Universal Japan) and it's spelled like ラナデルレイ on this album's cover - small difference but yeah, that's something to take into consideration. The dots (・) are usually/have to be used for foreign names, like Lana's, and I have to use them to spell my name in Japanese too. Note that her name was spelled like Wiki's (with dots and without ッ) on the Ultraviolence JP edition.

As for the spelling of Chemtrails over the country club... It's spelled like ケムトレイルズ・オーヴァー・ザ・カントリー・クラブ on Universal Japan's website so the spelling on this vinyl's obi is incorrect.

Thank you for bringing this up. I'd be think twice before buying this version.

For those who don't see the differences:

Spoiler

Green for correct spelling, red for incorrect spelling.

ラナ・デル・レイ

Lana・Deru・Rei

ラナデルッレイ

LanaDerruRei

ケムトレイルズ・オーヴァー・ザ・カントリー・クラブ

Kemutoreiruzu oovaa za kantorii kurabu

ケミトレイズオーバーゼカントリークラブ

Kemitoreizu oovaa ze kantorii kurabu

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

27 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

discogs for the vinyls

actually this just appears to be common to this individual webstore. they seem to have a thing with their limited editions where they create obi strips - it's not just a lana thing. if the translation is bad...well, i mean,  its a UK produced vinyl, and i guess the company are just a bit weeb-y and like doing japanese editions. i can understand why they would chose to do japanese designs on an aesthetical level.

its still a different variant unfortunately. i know some people are salty about this version but this is literally no different to walmart putting a sticker on the front of their picture disc or sound of vinyl putting a card sleeve around theirs. saying "it's fake" is a bit rude rather than "this is just an independent stores way of making their product unique to them".

if all the other retailers can have custom stickers and strips what's so bad about this? people just particularly seem to be salty that its hand-numbered. the people on reddit need to stop putting this version down bc they didn't get one :creep:

it's literally also no different to how people collect different CD's just for the stickers and packing differences. at the end of the day, its just preference tho. i really don't think there's as much harm done as the people on reddit seem to be continuously saying.

@electra So in the end, what you're paying for is a yellow indie vinyl with a badly translated obi or? :awkney: Or do they press these things themselves, I don't get it? Do they get some kind of exlusive serial number? Sounds pretty bad to me if a record store is smacking on a paper slip on a product and calls it their own exclusive.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Just now, Clampigirl said:

@electra So in the end, what you're paying for is a yellow indie vinyl with a badly translated obi or? :awkney: Or do they press these things themselves, I don't get it? Sounds pretty bad to me if a record store is smacking on a paper slip on a product and calls it their own exclusive.

its literally no different than any of these other variants that have unique packaging other than the fact its limited, which makes me think some people are salty about it

:awkney:

its 500 copies sold by an small UK record chain, if that's rubs you the wrong way then you're gonna be absolutely crazy when you find out how many variants of this album lana's label released for no reason. the only scammer is lana's label :toofloppy:

Just now, electra said:

its literally no different than any of these other variants that have unique packaging other than the fact its limited, which makes me think some people are salty about it

:awkney:

Reveal hidden contents

its 500 copies sold by an small UK record chain, if that's rubs you the wrong way then you're gonna be absolutely crazy when you find out how many variants of this album lana's label released for no reason. the only scammer is lana's label :toofloppy:

No, like, I don't even understand the differences between like a Target edition or a, I dunno, a Wallmart edition (is wallmart even selling COCC?) expect for a different sticker on the plastic wrapping. :toofunny:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Wait so is Assai records a japanese owned store?

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

No, like, I don't even understand the differences between like a Target edition or a, I dunno, a Wallmart edition (is wallmart even selling COCC?) expect for a different sticker on the plastic wrapping. :toofunny:

just imagine its quite literally the exact same as that. its like when walmart or target have their own edition, but its no different from anything else.

example: walmart released a cocc picture disc with a walmart sticker on the front. the same picture disc was released in a few different places with no sticker. it's exactly the same, but now walmart can call it a "walmart exclusive". this then comes down to one thing: how much do you care?

and if you don't it's cool, but i also wouldn't judge people if they want it. i personally haven't gotten into the arms of "literally collecting everything regardless of the stickers" because that is a BEAST of a task but a LOT of people do

4 minutes ago, boom like that said:

Wait so is Assai records a japanese owned store?

it seems uk? when i checked out it told me about a bunch of scottish stores near me (dundee and edinburgh) but i've never even heard of this brand.

@electra Ohh okay, yeah I personally don't care but I don't judge fans who think that's fun or important either, I just never understood why some things are called exclusive. :ohno: Thanks for explaining. <3

I just got the impression that that webshop were selling imported COCC vinyls from Japan and thought it looked suspicious when the katakana wasn't right, but I guess if it that's their thing, well... then I hope they hire someone who can translate album titles for them lol.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Ohh okay, yeah I personally don't care but I don't judge fans who think that's fun or important either, I just never understood why some things are called exclusive. :ohno: Thanks for explaining. <3

I just got the impression that that webshop were selling imported COCC vinyls from Japan and thought it looked suspicious when the katakana wasn't right, but I guess if it that's their thing, well... then I hope they hire someone who can translate album titles for them lol.

if you go through their website they seem to make so many of these design, but they have a lot of real unique exclusives as well so i guess they do get permission to do exclusives? which helps their credibility imo.

8 minutes ago, electra said:

it seems uk? when i checked out it told me about a bunch of scottish stores near me (dundee and edinburgh) but i've never even heard of this brand.

I'm looking to and I'm not really finding any info on it, on the store in general. I would hope that it is Japanese owned though, because if not.. :azealia: I just assumed that this was a Japanese edition that was like being sold in Japan that everyone jumped the gun on because it was numbered and exclusive and stuff. Is it even being sold in Japan?

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

9 minutes ago, boom like that said:

I'm looking to and I'm not really finding any info on it, on the store in general. I would hope that it is Japanese owned though, because if not.. :azealia: I just assumed that this was a Japanese edition that was like being sold in Japan that everyone jumped the gun on because it was numbered and exclusive and stuff. Is it even being sold in Japan?

theres hardly any specific japanese vinyl pressings for most releases these days. Most of the vinyl records sold in Japan are EU/US imports

image.png

4 minutes ago, boom like that said:

I was looking through Amazon JP and some other Japanese webshop and I couldn't find  COCC album with Japanese obi/paper slip on the picture examples, so I don't know what it'll look like when it's for sale. I highly doubt this version will be sold in Japan though since the translation is off.

Edit. What Dominik said.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

2 minutes ago, boom like that said:

probably not, as i said the company just seem to be quite weeb-y but idk. maybe they are japanese owned (or maybe a british person with japanese ancestry or heritage) and just based in the UK (which would make sense).