TrailerParkDarling

Sky Ferreira

Nobody Asked Me (If I Was Okay) is grungy perfection. :heart:

edit - listening to Omanko now. It's really good imo, kinda reminds me of Suicide and feels so, idk, dirty. :creep: also, lmao @ myself going to the 'omanko' tumblr tag in hopes of finding the lyrics :toofunny:

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

UGH LOVING IT GUYS

I' ve only listened through it once, and half the songs I couldn't give my full attention because of school ugh, but it's really a cool album. Like the 80s grunge thing is not my typical style, but Sky does it so well and I absolutely love it. Just bought the whole thing on iTunes!!

And can we talk about how perfect the timing is too?? Like this is the perfect Halloween album for real. With the eerie-ness of the the title track and the vintage 80s feel throughou,t it just totally works since I'm going be watching creepy 80s films here in a few days :flutter:

H0bDaqU.gif

"24 Hours" and "I Blame Myself"  :flutter:

Also, "Love In Stereo" studio version  :defeated:

"Night Time, My Time" is sooo spooky. Very fitting towards the Halloween season  :flutter:

EQFO7rX.png

Love In Stereo is my least favorite song on the album 

I'm sure the flawless Can't Say No could've replaced it :crying:

she needs to release an EP of the outtakes since she's performed them live now

BzhmW.png

My favourites are Night Time, My Time, Nobody Asked Me (If I Was Okay), Omanko & Love In Stereo.

Least favourite is probably I Blame Myself - which isn't very surprising since I was never a fan of her earlier poppier stuff.

Omanko: So I googled the song title a few days ago because I was curious-- thought it was some obscure American city name but turns out it's a Japanese swear word "The only unmentionable word in japanese media and public speech." How interesting.

Apparently it means 'pussy'.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

My favourites are Night Time, My Time, Nobody Asked Me (If I Was Okay), Omanko & Love In Stereo. Least favourite is probably I Blame Myself - which isn't very surprising since I was never a fan of her earlier poppier stuff. Apparently it means 'pussy'.

it means cunt too, doesn't it?

I never actually listened to Sky before the album came out, I may of heard the blue jeans cover she did, but for some reason I was really excited to hear the album as many Lana fans do like Sky, so I gave it a listen downloaded off BitTorrent

ITS SUCH A GOOD ALBUM, AND HER VOICE IS SO GOOD, AND IT'S SO 80'S 

I LOVE IT

Does Sky have any more songs?  :brows:

Lana.pngAngel-Headed Hipster

Damn.. she messed up a lot in One but she had a fucking blast! Look at her! :D She's so happy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUb_7-KxgAE

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

after listening to the album all day, you can tell which tracks were the solid ones she had done for awhile and which ones were quickly put together.

it's not a bad thing, but I think they were Omanko, Kristine and Night Time, My Time because they don't have the same smooth sound YNTO, Love in Stereo and 24 Hours do

BzhmW.png