Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

3 hours ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Question. Why cant marina sing that like that anymore?

Vibrato is something you have to consistently stay keen on to retain certain types. Take Charli’s early singing style for example, she still can sing like that- but it’s incredibly hard for her- as she hasn’t in a long time. Same with Marina. I think it’s more work on them too.

22 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Soooo I’m still gagged that When You Take Away Control is an actual song. Is this the LAST Froot song?!?!(?? THIS IS MAJOR TO ME

it's the last one out of the 15 she wrote for froot initially, maybe she wrote more for the repackage (imo this is when wytac was recorded as she quite consistently said she only recorded 14 songs for froot, I know she lies but this would be weird to lie about, why not just say 15 not 14?) but if you look on the wiki she seems to have scrapped the idea in the span of 3 months so idk how far along she got with it.

On 6/29/2024 at 10:34 AM, AllForYou said:

sinful final

Whoever that person is needs to not be a fuckin square and drop the track right now before I have my agents (local meth head) invade their house and upload it for me (steal their valuables to buy more meth)

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

On 7/1/2024 at 11:26 AM, AtomicMess said:

Whoever that person is needs to not be a fuckin square and drop the track right now before I have my agents (local meth head) invade their house and upload it for me (steal their valuables to buy more meth)

I endorse this message 

I knew it, I fucking knew that When You Take Away Control was/is a real song!

On 6/30/2024 at 11:52 AM, AllForYou said:

it's the last one out of the 15 she wrote for froot initially, maybe she wrote more for the repackage (imo this is when wytac was recorded as she quite consistently said she only recorded 14 songs for froot, I know she lies but this would be weird to lie about, why not just say 15 not 14?) but if you look on the wiki she seems to have scrapped the idea in the span of 3 months so idk how far along she got with it.

I personally think she might meant "recorded 14" in more of a "there were 14 'finished' songs originally and we cut 2" because, as specific as she has been about this process, things could get scrambled along the way.

-> I don't know if we have specific dates of when she started recording and when it "ended", but we do know Forget was a "last addition". These 14 recorded songs could be the first batch of FROOT sessions (15 written songs); David's list is also about recorded songs, so it makes sense to consider these 14 to be the main core, cut 2 of them and then Forget happened, so she swapped one last song from the tracklist for Forget's inclusion (Probably I'm Not Hungry Anymore? since she had the Instagram post with it, etc.)

-> When she did mention the repackage for the second time (?), she also went very "add like... 4 or 5 more songs (...) there were a few songs that I had not put on it because they weren't quite finished... they didn't belong to it" so she clearly had a vision for it already, and it also lines up with what she said about being discontent with I'm Not Hungry Anymore's production/never being finished. Saviour sounds a little closer to L+F sonically than Froot nnn.

-> Isn't "True Colors" from the Froot sessions? It's a bit "jumping the shark" but then indeed she recorded more than 14 songs during the process. It seems like she was in Studio during July 2015, but there were ramblings that it was supposed to be a promotional single for the World's AIDS day campaign in 2014.

Anyway I just remembered she teased that something special will happen next year for the 10th birthday, I imagine she might upload I'm Not Hungry Anymore into Spotify and press a new vinyl à la Electra Heart... but then I'm also not sure if she'd doing that with a new Album happening in the pipeline.

us finally being able to hear some of when you take away control aka the only froot outtake we dont have is making me scream

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

What we need for the 10th anniversary of Froot…

Froot (Hunger Edition) 

Happy

Froot

I'm A Ruin

Blue 

Forget

Gold

Can't Pin Me Down

Solitaire 

Better Than That

Weeds

Savages

Immortal

When You Take Away Control

True Colours

I'm Not Hungry Anymore

51 minutes ago, DinahLee said:

I personally think she might meant "recorded 14" in more of a "there were 14 'finished' songs originally and we cut 2" because, as specific as she has been about this process, things could get scrambled along the way.

-> I don't know if we have specific dates of when she started recording and when it "ended", but we do know Forget was a "last addition". These 14 recorded songs could be the first batch of FROOT sessions (15 written songs); David's list is also about recorded songs, so it makes sense to consider these 14 to be the main core, cut 2 of them and then Forget happened, so she swapped one last song from the tracklist for Forget's inclusion (Probably I'm Not Hungry Anymore? since she had the Instagram post with it, etc.)

-> When she did mention the repackage for the second time (?), she also went very "add like... 4 or 5 more songs (...) there were a few songs that I had not put on it because they weren't quite finished... they didn't belong to it" so she clearly had a vision for it already, and it also lines up with what she said about being discontent with I'm Not Hungry Anymore's production/never being finished. Saviour sounds a little closer to L+F sonically than Froot nnn.

the reason I think she is telling the truth about not recording one of the songs is because david's recording list said 14, so I think he was only contracted to record 14 songs, or they only had time for 14 songs, as they had a 3 month window; and to top it off atlantic stopped them halfway through to argue about the mixing of the album, so I don't think they'd pay for an extra song to be recorded when they didn't like what she had already done. (and I think this is when forget replaced one of the songs, 'i put my money where my mouth is' as she paid for the mixing)

-> Isn't "True Colors" from the Froot sessions? It's a bit "jumping the shark" but then indeed she recorded more than 14 songs during the process. It seems like she was in Studio during July 2015, but there were ramblings that it was supposed to be a promotional single for the World's AIDS day campaign in 2014.

personally I believe true colours was for world aids day and recorded at the same time as the acoustics, to me they sound similar. but even so she says 'For this album, I only wrote 15 songs, and I just picked 14 to record' she didn't write true colours so she wasn't picking that out of her 15 written songs (just my interpretation)

(I think July 2015 was when she recorded this 15th song and tried to finalise inha)

I guess we'll never know unless marina spills the beans on the 10th anniversary though