Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Since she's been finishing tracks this month, I'm guessing it'll be a middle Summer album release at the earliest? Excited!

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

i'm probably late, but her deleting all but three posts on her insta clearly means a new era is about to begin :oprah4:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

11 hours ago, Party Favor said:

i'm probably late, but her deleting all but three posts on her insta clearly means a new era is about to begin :oprah4:

She confirmed that new music is coming in 2024 by liking a fans comment saying "new music in 2024?" :charli:

url%5D

I wonder how her sixth album will be now that she's independent... Hopefully that doesn't affect her budget, but also it's Marina we're talking about lol

If she's still following her pattern this record will be more electro pop than alt pop and that scares me :biblio: I just don't want another L+F, let that be the only dud in her discography pls

8 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

I wonder how her sixth album will be now that she's independent... Hopefully that doesn't affect her budget, but also it's Marina we're talking about lol

If she's still following her pattern this record will be more electro pop than alt pop and that scares me :biblio: I just don't want another L+F, let that be the only dud in her discography pls

Honestly, her only alt-pop album for me is The Family Jewels, the rest of the albums are synth-pop, one maybe with more emphasized sound of it than other.

url%5D

2 minutes ago, Embach said:

Honestly, her only alt-pop album for me is The Family Jewels, the rest of the albums are synth-pop, one maybe with more emphasized sound of it than other.

True. Maybe the right thing to say is that Electra Heart and L+F have a more "commercial" sound compared to the others.

On 1/19/2024 at 10:31 AM, soccermom4life said:

looking  for Scab & Plaster (HQ OG Files) Prefer for demo 3 & 4. Unless the real final leaked. I tried looking on dbree and earlier in the forum but only found upscales

Nvm found demo 4 og

https://krakenfiles.com/view/2Mnp5mWgqY/file.html

(or at least its listed as an og file but could be just the file that leaked)

at least it’s 320kbps

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

I just need another amazing album. I’m getting Froot vibes lowkey. Mother just needs to serve fairy butterfly princess and have that reflect on the album  :lolliney:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

Genuine question what’s ur favourite scab and plaster demo?

I’m starting to love demo 2 more and more than the final

On 1/21/2024 at 11:30 AM, mssainttropez said:

I just need another amazing album. I’m getting Froot vibes lowkey. Mother just needs to serve fairy butterfly princess and have that reflect on the album  :lolliney:

Don't monkey's paw this or we'll get Felony Floptinez style Fairy Butterfly and I'll have to remove her from the planet for her own good.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

20 hours ago, Wait For Life said:

Every single time I try to tell the truth, I tell a lie, I live a double, double life.

Best Marina unreleased I fear

she posted 🖌️📖 and then a selfie with her laptop & recording equipment behind her, if we interpret that to mean she's still writing and making her home demos, I'm wondering if she's not quite as far along as we thought? unless the album is self produced which would be interesting, I often feel like her demos have a bit of 'weirdness'/uniqueness that gets a bit lost in the final.

in general though I'm so curious to see what a self-funded era would look like. her tumblr selfies in the electra heart era were so on point, she had to pay for the first froot photoshoot because atlantic didn't trust her then they paid for the second part. (that's why Froot (song), Happy, Forget, Gold, and Blue were done in august and the album, immortal and i'm a ruin were done in october) she does seem to have quite a good eye for aesthetics but she doesn't always seem to be able to pull her vision off, either for budget reasons or losing interest.