Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Good time to remind you all that direct illegal download links to officially released content is never allowed on LanaBoards!! Please respect your fellow artists by purchasing or streaming their officially released music when it is released in your area :) x

Non-piraters are pussies  :cuteface:

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

the tempo change (swear they upped the bpm to make it more of a bop)

and the trap remix sounding drums threw me off but it's not so bad i guess

it's obvious the additions and changes are to make it more mainstream and radio fit

prefer the demo (and that's rare for me, I absolutely loved HH and Baby and what they done for the final masters) 

very happy she released this though, glad everyone can listen to it & enjoy it together 

we love a quick releasing queen with a planned out flawlessly executed era 

i hope lana takes notes, they should hang out more, maybe she'll get inspired

She was right about this album feeling fresh. This will definitely grow on me more, but I already like it. (If you're looking for it, Twitter is your best friend) 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Have to say, after thinking it over and replaying..this was a miss. Nice production but the lyrics just didn’t hold up. I liked HH (not a lot though), enjoyed Baby for a bit, and really liked Emotional Machine so this is the first full MISS on the album for me. I’m getting preeetty nervous but I’m praying for the other 12 songs

I like it, but I don't LOVE it yet. I think it probably will grow on me though, as I feel like this is a bit of a different style for Marina (which is not a bad thing, it just needs a bit of getting used to!). I do actually really like the lyrics though, they are not the deepest lyrics but they tell a story and they do get me quite emotional!

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

I feel like this album will age like milk. Using a production that’s been used over and over again over tons of other songs is a bad choice. I didn’t like the beats and such and I wish she could stick with the vibes of the beginning of the song, which she didn’t. But hey, we’ve still got 12 more songs (minus Orange Trees which sounds odd).

giphy.gif

The problem with a contemporary pop album is that it's just that--contemporary. EH and other albums that could be seen as dated still sound great to me, though. She keeps saying this is her best album, and she hasn't given me a reason to not trust her. I'm not going to judge too harshly until April 26. Also, I totally see how Baby fits within this record now. 

My only criticism is that Marina's head voice (or whatever the term is for how she sings in Superstar) isn't my favorite style for her. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore