Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

It’s sad that people can’t accept or admire progression. If you had any clue about music whatsoever you’d know she isn’t going “mainstream” or watering things down, Superstar isn’t “made for radio”, her lyrics aren’t basic, I’m sorry that she’s not dressing up like a 1950s doll and pretending she’s a suicidal teenager anymore and some of you can’t accept it but she’s a grown ass woman and she’s acting like one. It’s inspiring.

Sister, this comment is amazing and I love it. This is exactly what I wanted to say

Such a sad way to degress from the lyricism of The Family Jewels to this watered down, already-aged mainstream bs.

If you have to make up for your lacking lyrics by giving tryhard-woke interviews in order to promote your album, you know you went the wrong way.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

tenor.gif?itemid=5069251

(in all seriousness though....whether you like the songs from this era or not you gotta admit the lyrics are simpler than past eras. it's extremely visible. nobody is asking her to become suicidal again and make EH 2.0 we're just asking for some complexity. happy songs can still have thought-provoking lyrics)

Such a sad way to degress from the lyricism of The Family Jewels to this watered down, already-aged mainstream bs.

If you have to make up for your lacking lyrics by giving tryhard-woke interviews in order to promote your album, you know you went the wrong way.

lmao she was invited for an interview like any other artist and she's just speaking her mind when asked several times about politics. Leave the girl alone

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

agreed! Marina is better then this rubbish

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

its literally a lyrically boring song and sounds like a GP pleaser

marina doesnt always mean the song is good

literally every other song she has released has been strong in the lyrical category, even electra heart had better lyrics than this.

its OKAY to say you don't like it because i wont be replaying it like i did with handmade heaven

xMcVPI7.jpg

the POOR level of taste in this thread

:deadbanana:

then again it is lanaboards, so what you expect from some edgy try hard quirky we love vintage music kids.

:toofunny:

can you stop being so idiot? why can’t you accept that people have all different tastes? i don’t like superstar but it has nothing to do with it being mainstream or basic so stop acting like you’re better cause you like a bad song and we don’t. mind your business, enjoy the song, praise it, but leave the others alone if they don’t. dumbass.

happy songs can still have thought-provoking lyrics

Exactly! I can appreciate a cute love song, but it's just so strange to hear Superstar sang by the same girl who's given us so many incredible lyrics over the span of her career. It just seems like a filler track to me. I love HH and I still bop to Baby, but Superstar just ain't it. If it were the first song I ever heard by Marina, I'd be like, "this is the girl you guys all hype up?"

Anyway, as not to totally rag on her, her vocals still sound amazing. She could sing the dictionary and make it sound angelic.

giphy-1.gif