Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

it's not as bad as people make out tbh.

I mean it’s not the worst thing I’ve ever listened to (though it’s bad)

The thing is if Rita Ora or some other boring flavour of the month pop singer had come out with this I would’ve literally not batted an eye cause ultimately I don’t care

But Marina, this is completely not her. Where’s the girl who sings about bird longing for her presence cause she has been made into wine? Where is the Marina who sings about girl having abortions?

Like from an inside perspective this is way worse than just a bad album cause it represents the artistic death of a unique artist who’s now been replaced by whatever the fuck it is she’s been labelling herself with

In the same year that we got NFR, Madame X, Dedicated, S1 and more HOWWWW can you say this...literal worms in your brain

Opinions ma'am. Ask someone who isn't a twitter gay, and is a pretentious music lover, and they will immediately tell you that your taste is utter shit lol Stop the messiness 

I do think L+F is her weakest album yet but I still love it. It's a good record overall

Also, not y'all getting mad because she collaborated with a DJ :rip: she literally did the same with Electra Heart

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I mean it’s not the worst thing I’ve ever listened to (though it’s bad)

The thing is if Rita Ora or some other boring flavour of the month pop singer had come out with this I would’ve literally not batted an eye cause ultimately I don’t care

But Marina, this is completely not her. Where’s the girl who sings about bird longing for her presence cause she has been made into wine? Where is the Marina who sings about girl having abortions?

Like from an inside perspective this is way worse than just a bad album cause it represents the artistic death of a unique artist who’s now been replaced by whatever the fuck it is she’s been labelling herself with

it's not bad really. it's completely different for Marina, but that's not bad. it's only bad for those who want her to keep throwing out clangy piano tunes like TFJ. i'm glad she's exploring whatever she wants to, and most of L+F isn't bad at all - i probably listen to more from it that i ever did TFJ or FROOT.

I still don't get the HH + End of the Earth + FEAR hate like she wanted to do lighthearted pop and she did a good job. Is it as good as TFJ? No, but it doesn't have to be. She wasn't going for a deep complex album, she just wanted to make a lighthearted pop album. I can understand why people dislike half of LOVE though, it gets corny at times, but End of the Earth truly is one of her best songs like wheww cinematic masterpiece i said what i said

qfrWuBl.png

it's not bad really. it's completely different for Marina, but that's not bad. it's only bad for those who want her to keep throwing out clangy piano tunes like TFJ. i'm glad she's exploring whatever she wants to, and most of L+F isn't bad at all - i probably listen to more from it that i ever did TFJ or FROOT.

You listen to LF more cause objectively it’s way easier a listen than TFJ

TFJ has a very rough production, her voice is raspy and there’s just a lot going on

LF on the other hand is polished as fuck, which is why some people even go as far as to say that it’s their favorite album

But melodically and lyrically it’s terrible

Luckily since I’m used to enjoying her MySpace demos which are as rough as it gets the polished production has no effect on me whatsoever but I get why people who have a shallow understanding of music might prefer it

I still don't get the HH + End of the Earth + FEAR hate like she wanted to do lighthearted pop and she did a good job. Is it as good as TFJ? No, but it doesn't have to be. She wasn't going for a deep complex album, she just wanted to make a lighthearted pop album. I can understand why people dislike half of LOVE though, it gets corny at times, but End of the Earth truly is one of her best songs like wheww cinematic masterpiece i said what i said

You liking it ≠ she did a good job

She did a bad job and you like it. There’s really nothing more to say

You listen to LF more cause objectively it’s way easier a listen than TFJ

TFJ has a very rough production, her voice is raspy and there’s just a lot going on

LF on the other hand is polished as fuck, which is why some people even go as far as to say that it’s their favorite album

But melodically and lyrically it’s terrible

Luckily since I’m used to enjoying her MySpace demos which are as rough as it gets the polished production has no effect on me whatsoever but I get why people who have a shallow understanding of music might prefer it

You liking it ≠ she did a good job

She did a bad job and you like it. There’s really nothing more to say

This is so pretentious lmao, you disliking it doesn't mean it's a fact that it's bad (but that's already been stated several times)

qfrWuBl.png

This is so pretentious lmao, you disliking it doesn't mean it's a fact that it's bad (but that's already been stated several times)

Pitchfork said it’s bad too, and with my same arguments, but I guess pitchfork is only good for giving Lana the decade’s album highest score?

Pitchfork said it’s bad too, and with my same arguments, but I guess pitchfork is only good for giving Lana the decade’s album highest score?

I mean Pitchfork also gave BTD a 5.5 and Electra Heart a 5.9

qfrWuBl.png

Gays will only listen to Pitchfork when they agree with it LMAOOO. Someone's opinion, even when it's coming from a music-dedicated corporation or some shit, shouldn't be a determinator for what you think, specially if it's not with facts and it's all about subjective matters. 

I mean Pitchfork also gave BTD a 5.5 and Electra Heart a 5.9

I don’t think P4K was too far from the truth in their review. I completely disagree with their rating, cause I love it, but they weren’t so off track. It’s a mess in every aspect of it, and this is partly why I love it

Gays will only listen to Pitchfork when they agree with it LMAOOO. Someone's opinion, even when it's coming from a music-dedicated corporation or some shit, shouldn't be a determinator for what you think, specially if it's not with facts and it's all about subjective matters.

That’s now what I said, if you like LF go ahead! I have no problem at all with people saying they like it cause, I mean, they like it??? What are you gonna do kill them? (Kinda a serve tho)

I do take issue with people who try to justify what they like by saying it’s good

Not everything you like has to be good, and it’s completely ok, and trying to retroactively excuse what you like cause you can’t stand the thought that it may not be that good after all is so annoying

I still don't get the HH + End of the Earth + FEAR hate like she wanted to do lighthearted pop and she did a good job. Is it as good as TFJ? No, but it doesn't have to be. She wasn't going for a deep complex album, she just wanted to make a lighthearted pop album. I can understand why people dislike half of LOVE though, it gets corny at times, but End of the Earth truly is one of her best songs like wheww cinematic masterpiece i said what i said

It would be okay if she had said it was a lighthearted pop album, but that's not the narrative she went for. She decided to brand it as being psychological, and all that bullshit about our emotions stemming from love and fear. She felt the need to brandish it, in the words of KP, as "purposeful pop" without having any...purpose to it. She shot herself in the foot by pretending there was more depth to it than there actually was.

She has an issue with making regular pop music and always tries to back it up with some pretentious outlook. With TFJ, she made it clear she was alternative and criticsed the pop machine. When she went Dr L*ke etc for EH, she spoke about how the commercial pop aspect was all sarcastic. Afterwards, it became "my label forced me". With Froot, she harped on and on about how she co-wrote with only one producer. There's nothing wrong with superficial pop music and M*rina needs to get the stick out her ass about it.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1