Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Love + Fear is a good album. Y’all hate on it way too much. The only reason y’all don’t like it is that it’s her most different work & that’s it her most pop record. Except for a few tracks the lyrics are good! The production is good, & the videos are good. The weakest tracks are you, true, life is strange, emotional machine, & to be human (cringe). Yet, overall it’s a solid body of work that with some production & lyrical changes could really be a more solid body of work. If anything I’d say she should’ve made True acoustic. Swapped You for the demo version, same for karma. Added TNWWY & TAOLG. Although, in comparison to her past records it is the weakest. Has she kept the better tracks & worked on the lyrics it could’ve topped Electra Heart. It has done if her strongest songs like

Soft To Be Strong, Too Afraid, Handmade Heaven, End of the Earth, Enjoy Your Life, & Believe In Love. The album really isn’t that bad.

Agree with most of this except LIS, EM, and TBH are some of my fave Marina songs ever :defeated:

L+F gets way too much hate - it is a slightly basic pop record (but there is nothing wrong with that [TNWWY tease]) which is packed full of raw, genuine emotions Marina has been feeling, which I think is beautiful.

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Having a hard time trying to get those last 4 leaks in HQ, could someone tell me how to properly search for those? Google won't help me either and I'm dying to listen to them!

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I mean it’s not the worst thing I’ve ever listened to (though it’s bad)

The thing is if Rita Ora or some other boring flavour of the month pop singer had come out with this I would’ve literally not batted an eye cause ultimately I don’t care

But Marina, this is completely not her. Where’s the girl who sings about bird longing for her presence cause she has been made into wine? Where is the Marina who sings about girl having abortions?

Like from an inside perspective this is way worse than just a bad album cause it represents the artistic death of a unique artist who’s now been replaced by whatever the fuck it is she’s been labelling herself with

preach it sis! 

maybe this is an unpopular opinion but in my opinion also FROOT was not as good as family jewels and signs of her decay as an artist could be noticed in 2013 too. And that's why I only listened to L+F a few days ago and wrote about it ahahaha

and then imagine exclude I'm not hungry anymore from FROOT.

I still don't get the HH + End of the Earth + FEAR hate like she wanted to do lighthearted pop and she did a good job. Is it as good as TFJ? No, but it doesn't have to be. She wasn't going for a deep complex album, she just wanted to make a lighthearted pop album. I can understand why people dislike half of LOVE though, it gets corny at times, but End of the Earth truly is one of her best songs like wheww cinematic masterpiece i said what i said

Sorry but I have to disagree. She doesn't sell herself neither this album as lighthearted. Yes it has some lighthearted songs, but most of the times she comes out as pretentious and arrogant. Like okay we get it, you studied can you pls chill now 

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

preach it sis! 

maybe this is an unpopular opinion but in my opinion also FROOT was not as good as family jewels and signs of her decay as an artist could be noticed in 2013 too. And that's why I only listened to L+F a few days ago and wrote about it ahahaha

and then imagine exclude I'm not hungry anymore from FROOT.

Sorry but I have to disagree. She doesn't sell herself neither this album as lighthearted. Yes it has some lighthearted songs, but most of the times she comes out as pretentious and arrogant. Like okay we get it, you studied can you pls chill now 

They both are very different lyrically and sonically, so I can't really compare them BUT they're definitely her best albums

They both are very different lyrically and sonically, so I can't really compare them BUT they're definitely her best albums

yes I'm not saying FROOT is not good... but i don't know. I mean since she had like this "found myself breakthrough" is like... in her songs lirically she acts like "I know it all" but she's selling obviousness.. I don't know, it does kinda get on my nerves, while her first works, imo had a rawness and honesty she doesn't have anymore

and it's not like she makes up for lyrics with melody.. 

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

Funny how suddenly people hate To Be Human when it was called one of the best songs on the album 6 months ago, lol.

Anyways

If I Left the World is AMAZING, it's so cinematic. :defeated:

Funny how suddenly people hate To Be Human when it was called one of the best songs on the album 6 months ago, lol.

Anyways

If I Left the World is AMAZING, it's so cinematic. :defeated:

Us fans with taste hated it since the beginning

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Everyone begging her to collab with Lana, Lily Allen, Allie X, Melanie, Charli, Grimes, Paloma Faith and the like, yet she comes up with this. I have no words for this woman.

original.gif