Sign in to follow this  
jamesss

balenciaga is cancelled due to recent BDSM campaign

these advertisements are incredibly creepy and disgusting, balenciaga deserves all of the backlash for this, such a horribly cheap way at trying to be "shocking" and "edgy" when it's just really weird and pedophilic, i feel really worried for the children who were included in these ads, not having any idea what they're doing or what is on the stuffed-animals

WGe8ynS.gif

Omg I misread this at first and thought they put the children in BDSM gear :biblio:

Still fucked up tho 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

:xgiggle:

ignoring the fact that the children were in the ads, why did they even make purses out of teddy bears and then put bondage gear on them?

they're ugly, they're creepy and not even in a cool way & it's just... gross? like i just see no way this could be good anyway you put it :xgiggle:

they kinda deserve this

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

4 minutes ago, pinkfuneral said:

yeah this is very disturbing and shows that there is a current within the entertainment industry that wishes for pedophilia to be normalized. truly horrendous. protect children at all costs.

i sometimes see people online defending the cuties movie which was on netflix a few years ago, i'm not saying that pedophilia is slowly becoming more normalized or "acceptable" by the general public, but people are becoming less and less intelligent, i don't understand how anybody could've seen the poster for that film and think that it wasn't weird or exploitive, it's really worrying to me

WGe8ynS.gif

12 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i sometimes see people online defending the cuties movie which was on netflix a few years ago, i'm not saying that pedophilia is slowly becoming more normalized or "acceptable" by the general public, but people are becoming less and less intelligent, i don't understand how anybody could've seen the poster for that film and think that it wasn't weird or exploitive, it's really worrying to me

the cuties movie itself was actually protesting the sexualization of children and the director (who based the movie off her own personal experiences) worked with the parents of the actors to make sure it was a safe environment so the actual making of the movie was a safe process HOWEVER i definitely think that netflix handled the marketing and post-production of the movie EXTREMELY poorly because while the intentions and filming of the movie were innocent, netflix was clearly trying to market it to a... different audience than whom it was originally intended for

the poster of the movie was DEFINITELY weird & exploitative and i definitely think that whoever approved the original marketing was certainly not of the sector of people that are concerned for the welfare of children :bebe:

edit: basically i agree and i'm not trying to disprove your point but i would like to point out that things like this can start OUT as innocent and eventually get exposed or filtered through the wrong lens and get corrupted in the process

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

the cuties movie itself was actually protesting the sexualization of children and the director (who based the movie off her own personal experiences) worked with the parents of the actors to make sure it was a safe environment so the actual making of the movie was a safe process HOWEVER i definitely think that netflix handled the marketing and post-production of the movie EXTREMELY poorly because while the intentions and filming of the movie were innocent, netflix was clearly trying to market it to a... different audience than whom it was originally intended for

the poster of the movie was DEFINITELY weird & exploitative and i definitely think that whoever approved the original marketing was certainly not of the sector of people that are concerned for the welfare of children :bebe:

edit: basically i agree and i'm not trying to disprove your point but i would like to point out that things like this can start OUT as innocent and eventually get exposed or filtered through the wrong lens and get corrupted in the process

perhaps that is the case, i haven't seen the movie myself (i don't ever plan on watching it) but i've watched videos of others reviewing the film and it seems like the film itself was also exploitive on how they filmed certain scenes, perhaps the intentions behind it were to protest the sexualization of children, but that doesn't mean they went about it in the right way, i feel like that's a very heavy and tricky subject to make a film about, if anything, they could've made a documentary instead of a traditional movie, but yeah, the poster was really creepy, i don't know what they were thinking with that, did they not expect backlash? maybe they just didn't care, which is worrying

WGe8ynS.gif

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

perhaps that is the case, i haven't seen the movie myself (i don't ever plan on watching it) but i've watched videos of others reviewing the film and it seems like the film itself was also exploitive on how they filmed certain scenes, perhaps the intentions behind it were to protest the sexualization of children, but that doesn't mean they went about it in the right way, i feel like that's a very heavy and tricky subject to make a film about, if anything, they could've made a documentary instead of a traditional movie, but yeah, the poster was really creepy, i don't know what they were thinking with that, did they not expect backlash? maybe they just didn't care, which is worrying

1 minute ago, pinkfuneral said:

oh god I forgot about this, Netflix was trying to market it as some sort of sexy yaaas twerk kid movie...Netflix deserved more ridicule for that...they didn't even apologize! they were just like "we stand by this"

yeah and that's why i said that while the filming of the movie was probably handled well by the director herself, i think that netflix handled the post-production (so the editing) and the marketing of the movie really really weirdly and i think that the backlash against the movie was completely deserved

basically overall i agree that it's bad and i think we can acknowledge the good intentions while criticizing the execution at the same time :oprah3:

Who the f came up with this on LITERAL CHILDREN and thought they ATE?

This is beyond pure desperation, tragic, pathetic, creepy & disgusting. 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

50 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

these advertisements are incredibly creepy and disgusting, balenciaga deserves all of the backlash for this, such a horribly cheap way at trying to be "shocking" and "edgy" when it's just really weird and pedophilic, i feel really worried for the children who were included in these ads, not having any idea what they're doing or what is on the stuffed-animals

whats really fucked up here is the fact their parents allowed this b.s 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

55 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

55 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Omg I misread this at first and thought they put the children in BDSM gear :biblio:

Still fucked up tho 

52 minutes ago, pinkfuneral said:

yeah this is very disturbing and shows that there is a current within the entertainment industry that wishes for pedophilia to be normalized. truly horrendous. protect children at all costs.

48 minutes ago, the ocean said:

:xgiggle:

ignoring the fact that the children were in the ads, why did they even make purses out of teddy bears and then put bondage gear on them?

they're ugly, they're creepy and not even in a cool way & it's just... gross? like i just see no way this could be good anyway you put it :xgiggle:

they kinda deserve this

46 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

37 minutes ago, pinkfuneral said:

yes I agree. I'm glad to see the swift backlash against stuff like Cuties and this Balenciaga shoot, but there are always people rushing to defend them too, trying to minimize the real damage they cause and the precedent they set. I just hope that culturally speaking we don't ever become so nihilistic that we quit holding others accountable for this kind of messaging/content

exactly what I'm saying. ill never look at balenciaga the same... its SO messed up.

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

What's crazier is that this just further ignites the fire into QAnoners agreeing that a boogeyman in the media is forcing the acceptance of ped*filia into mainstream society. They're probably blaming gay jews for this. What an overall fuckfest this is.

Ew, I don't know if the company had some creeper photoshoot producers, maybe it was "just" for controversy, but clearly it flopped and everyone is disgusted at it, eesh. Allegedly the photo with the purse with the free speech for uhhh,,, raunchy film stars, was from a different campaign, but the photos were near each other on the mobile website. Really inappropriate how the models parents seemed to go with this- :crossed:. Also big ups to people who always rep the brand not saying anything :noparty:, guess the brand deals and clout mean more than a IG story going "ew, love the brand but don't support this campaign"