Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

12 minutes ago, burthday kake said:
  Hide contents

call me Aphrodite 

as they bow down to me

sunbather, moon chaser

queen of empathy

I give myself 2 seconds to breathe

& go back to being a Serene Queen

I just needed 2 seconds to be me

:defeated:(biased bc these lines n the way she sings them have me in a total chokehold)

Spoiler

i used “sunbather, moon chaser”

3 minutes ago, leomaks said:

I still wonder how she sampled vb in taco truck:um2: like what part of the song did she use?????

Spoiler

Guided by the snippet, it can be said that she samples various Cinnamon Girl and VB effects throughout the song

𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓭𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼

lv-0-20230326000515.gif

1 hour ago, ultrabanisters said:

now do this but with the high by the beach references you made :xgiggle:

From what I gathered, she evens the score with this album: critics, family trauma, exes. It really is her revenge album.

3 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

From what I gathered, she sets the score with this album: critics, family trauma, exes. It really is her revenge album.

obviously it's her revenge album, it's literally an erotic album and she literally uploaded a photo with her boobs out, she's slapping the critics

Spoiler

This is the never seen "The Revenge Of Lana Del Rey" but 2.0 :creepna:

Edited by TerrenceOnKilos
i added a spoiler not spoiler

𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓭𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼

lv-0-20230326000515.gif

1 minute ago, TerrenceOnKilos said:

obviously it's her revenge album, it's literally an erotic album and she literally uploaded a photo with her boobs out, she's slapping the critics

S*an also seems to be a big part of the revenge she wants to have… (like « look what you’re missing »)… and the mother references again…

40 minutes ago, WhitehotOcean said:
  Hide contents

guys can u suggest me a sentence from the album to put on my ig story? i can’t wait to listen to the album😭😭😭

I have “open me up, tell me you like it” on mine. 

honestly so many worthy bio quotes. pick something that vibes with you and change it when you feel you want something different. 

44 minutes ago, WhitehotOcean said:
  Hide contents

guys can u suggest me a sentence from the album to put on my ig story? i can’t wait to listen to the album😭😭😭

Spoiler

that's why they call me lanita :thumb3:

𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓫𝓼𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼

𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓭𝔂 𝓝𝓮𝓬𝓴𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮𝓼

lv-0-20230326000515.gif

24 minutes ago, TerrenceOnKilos said:

she's not that revenge girl, she just wants to be 

Spoiler

Sweet & Barefeet

:flutter:

Just now, Harry Nilsson said:
  Hide contents
Spoiler

she's not that revenge girl, she just wants to be 

Sweet & Barefeet

Spoiler

So far, I don't see a lot of revenge. Certainly not on 'The Grants' or 'Sweet,' which are the kind of mellow ballads many have complained they're sick to death of, even though neither has  tight pop structure. I like them both a lot, but they're not going to part the Red Sea in terms of dynamics.

'Fingertips' still comes across to me as a meandering ballad about loss, death, and suicide; I still don't hear a melody, but it very well may be there.

'A&W'--is that vengeful? It comes across more like self-hatred and self-harm to me. 

I would like to see her do some sort of scorching outburst like Tori Amos's 'Waitress': 

So I want to kill this waitress
She's worked here a year longer than I
If I did it fast you know that's an act of kindness

But I believe in peace
I believe in peace, bitch
I believe in peace

I want to kill this waitress
I can't believe this violence in mind
and is her power

all in a club sandwich

But I believe in peace
I believe in peace, bitch
I believe in peace

I want to kill this killing wish
There're too many stars and not enough sky
Boys all think she's living kindness
Ask a fellow waitress
Ask a fellow waitress 

++++++++++++

That's a good reason to kill her troublesome coworker: "there's too many stars and not enough sky"! That's a real 'I don't like Mondays' answer if there ever was one. 

7 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:
  Hide contents

I know, I know, I know that you hate me

*distorted beat drops*

slow-motion-dancing-rat-6wlzftwn8md2gqwx

Spoiler

Is it distorted because that’s how it’s meant to be or because it’s so lq 😭

Spoiler

i haven’t listened to the grants fully, but I like so much when the piano starts after the chorus finishes, love that moment omg. However, I haven’t listened to it anymore since i want to avoid to overplay it☠️☠️☠️ and then i want to keep the surprise since I forgot how the song continues:blush3:

Spoiler

I hate to gripe, but the production still sounds very muted to me. If you listen to the COCC title track, for example, or 'Yosemite,' or 'Arcadia' or 'IYLDWM,' or almost anything by another contemporary artist, there's auditory clarity, and when the vocals start, they''re crisp and in the foreground. To me, it still sounds as if the OB trackers were recorded with a pillow over the mic. Since I love Lana's voice and always want the vocals forward with any artist I listen to, but I don't hear that on the OB tracks.