Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 minutes ago, motorcycle lemonade heaven said:
  Reveal hidden contents

can’t wait for when sweet, aka song of the millennium is on apple music :party:

Spoiler

The funny thing is is that 'Sweet' is like 'Beautiful''s older sibling, it's the exact kind of song at least half of the members here complain about constantly and say they do not want more of. I don't know what else is to follow, but so far, it doesn't sound to me like OB is going to be the actual 'best album ever by Lana' most people here want it to be. 

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The funny thing is is that 'Sweet' is like 'Beautiful''s older sibling, it's the exact kind of song at least half of the members here complain about constantly and say they do not want more of. I don't know what else is to follow, but so far, it doesn't sound to me like OB is going to be the actual 'best album ever by Lana' most people here want it to be. 

Spoiler

so far i love this album but i also love blue banisters and every song on it, so maybe that’s why :umadney:

Spoiler

@Vertimus I have to disagree on both counts with you here on this one. Her vocals are very much in the foreground of this record; so much so that her voice becomes another instrument in the soundscape. Also, I think the people who are praising this record so far are the ones most sympathetic towards Blue Banisters, and Sweet is nowhere near as bland as "Beautiful"

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, margaret soty said:

But no one is serious enough to do so without wanting to attract attention.

they can have all my attention if they leak the whole thing :eartha2:

it's actually ridiculous because without even talking about how disrespectful towards lana's work it is to butcher it like this, we don't even know who the person who keeps leaking snippets is, they're not even getting attention because no one has a clue who they are. god i'm tired

16 minutes ago, Fingertips said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@Vertimus I have to disagree on both counts with you here on this one. Her vocals are very much in the foreground of this record; so much so that her voice becomes another instrument in the soundscape. Also, I think the people who are praising this record so far are the ones most sympathetic towards Blue Banisters, and Sweet is nowhere near as bland as "Beautiful"

You literally take issue with anyone that doesn't say that this album is the most revolutionary, or most complex/forward Lana Del Rey album ever released.

1. The album isn't out yet, we've only heard like 5 songs in standard quality.

2. Can an album just be an album, and we take time to digest it? Which, you know, happens after it's released and you had time to listen to more than once from start to finish--so you can actually form an opinion? :blush3:

16 minutes ago, Vertimus said:
  Hide contents

I actually liked beautiful myself… Also all the hype is generated by the opinions of one person …BoZ who’s musical taste is all over the place.  Saying it’s a ‘masterpiece and top 3’  an opinion that’s been taken as gospel.  When in reality it’s likely not gonna be the Magnum Opus everyone hopes. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Just now, West Coast said:

Hide contents

You literally take issue with anyone that doesn't say that this album is the most revolutionary, or most complex/forward, Lana Del Rey album ever released.

2. Can an album just be an album, and we take time to digest it? Which, you know, happens after it's released and you had time to listen to more than once from that to finish--so you can actually form an opinion? :blush3:

disagreeing respectfully and using arguments isn't taking issue with people though :bebe:

5 hours ago, West Coast said:

Hide contents

You literally take issue with anyone that doesn't say that this album is the most revolutionary, or most complex/forward, Lana Del Rey album ever released.

2. Can an album just be an album, and we take time to digest it? Which, you know, happens after it's released and you had time to listen to more than once from that to finish--so you can actually form an opinion? :blush3:

Spoiler

Can you shut up and leave me the fuck alone? I was having a discussion with @Vertimus in a respectful manner. I thought you were all about having opinions on a message board. I wasn't rude to him, I wasn't attacking him, I was sharing my opinion. How about YOU practice what you preach. HOW ABOUT YOU STOP READING SPOILER TAGS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ US TALKING ABOUT THE ALBUM YOU FUCKING MORON.

Mod note: User was warned for this post.

Edited by That Venice Bitch

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

6 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

disagreeing respectfully and using arguments isn't taking issue with people though :bebe:

Disagreeing respectfully even before the songs had leaked was an interesting take in it of itself, but sure

6 minutes ago, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

Can you shut up and leave me the fuck alone? I was having a discussion with @Vertimus in a respectful manner. I thought you were all about having opinions on a message board. I wasn't rude to him, I wasn't attacking him, I was sharing my opinion. How about YOU practice what you preach. HOW ABOUT YOU STOP READING SPOILER TAGS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ US TALKING ABOUT THE ALBUM YOU FUCKING MORON.

Here goes that attitude again, I have had respectful conversations with you before, and we have agreed or agreed to disagree, but this whole "omg stfu" whenever someone brings a bit of nuance or try to be like "okay let's not get ahead of ourselves here lol" is getting tired. Resulting to insult other users over music opinons is the weirdest take you can take to me.

3 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Disagreeing respectfully even before the songs had leaked was an interesting take in it of itself, but sure

Here goes that attitude again, I have had respectful conversations with you before, and we have agreed or agreed to disagree, but this whole "omg stfu" whenever someone brings a bit of nuance or try to be like "okay let's not get ahead of ourselves here lol" is getting tired. Resulting to insult other users over music opinons is the weirdest take you can take to me.

You're the one who made it personal first, sweetie pie! I was minding my business until you accused me of being rude to @Vertimus, when I wasn't. Read what you wrote, and if you still don't understand why many people on this forum can't stand your condescending attitude, then read it again until you get it.

23 minutes ago, Vertimus said:
  Hide contents

you’re mostly right and i’m really not trying to silence you but jfc we get it, you’ve been saying the same thing over and over and over… trust me we GET IT :toofunny: