Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Kintsugi will definitely be underrated, as most Lana songs with the most beautiful lyrics are...

But I also feel like Grandfather will not be as popular as people think it'll be, even if the title is iconic... 

Perhaps because people seem to have a lot of high expectations for this album, and we know it's complex and different from the rest, with its weird structures and long and wordy lyrics... It might be a huge hit or miss for most people!

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, plastiscguy said:

Kintsugi will definitely be underrated, as most Lana songs with the most beautiful lyrics are...

But I also feel like Grandfather will not be as popular as people think it'll be, even if the title is iconic... 

Perhaps because people seem to have a lot of high expectations for this album, and we know it's complex and different from the rest, with its weird structures and long and wordy lyrics... It might be a huge hit or miss for most people!

Idk the first half of A&W was really wordy, but it didn't feel like it was because the melody and instrumentation was strong, same with ocean blvd, i think it's going to be a universally loved record, based on the critcal and gp  reception to ocean blvd and a&w :agree2:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

7 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Agreed..my take on it is that the album is going to be loved by most, but the first Lana album where most people have wildly different favorites. Kintsugi and BoZ had completely different reactions and perceptions about Kintsugi. However, like BoZ said, there's something for everyone on it. I'm personally very interested in hearing Lana go deeper with her song lyrics and experiment more with her songwriting process, which is why I'm drawn to Kintsugi and Fingertips right now; other people might not be into that kind of experimental soundscape, so they might find more comfort in tracks like Sweet and Paris, Texas, etc etc. (Yes, I acknowledge that we know little to nothing about the sound of the album, so keep that message in the drafts if any of you are thinking it :oprah3:)

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I think Grandfather may sound similar to Sportcruiser, for some reason that poem always comes to mind. I imagine Let the light in to have this slow beat like in Religion and i'm so hyped for it. The only tracks (excluding the interludes) i'm not so hyped for is Margaret and.. maybe fingertips? I always get it confused with Fishtail and we know that's going to be a bop. Like what is exciting about fingertips? It paints a boring image in my head, i hope im proven wrong :um2:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

i really think i am going to thoroughly enjoy every song on this album, even the interludes, which i’ve never felt before a lana album release and she has yet to put out an album with a few tracks i don’t like. i think the only song that might not immediately click with me is Fishtail for some reason lmao, but watch it be my favorite

i have a very strong feeling that i'm going to love peppers the most 

1 minute ago, kuntsugi said:

kintsugi will be the new cinnamon girl i feel it in my cooch spiritually :oprah3:

no this makes so much sense

violets in your eyes

3 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Idk the first half of A&W was really wordy, but it didn't feel like it was because the melody and instrumentation was strong, same with ocean blvd, i think it's going to be a universally loved record, based on the critcal and gp  reception to ocean blvd and a&w :agree2:

The production is amazing, it really helps! 

Blue Banisters was very wordy at moments, but the lack of big instrumentation made some of the songs feel... a little weird? Like listening to a filtered acapella, with the instruments still playing in the background but barely audible :bebe:

In my own mind Grandfather is Lana speaking (Burnt Norton style) over that piano track. In reality I’m sure she will be singing and it won’t be that but that’s just how I’m hearing it now.

And I still think it’ll be in my top 3.:smokes:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

This is my favorite part of each album cycle; the part where we finally have the full tracklist, a couple of songs to tide us over, and we all get to discuss what the songs might sound like and predict our rankings. :oprah3:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, kuntsugi said:

kintsugi will be the new cinnamon girl i feel it in my cooch spiritually :oprah3:

How did you make this connection?:awkney:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I know people complain a lot about the way Jack uses drums, but I, for one, am extremely happy drums are present on this album :deadbanana: 

3 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

The production is amazing, it really helps! 

Blue Banisters was very wordy at moments, but the lack of big instrumentation made some of the songs feel... a little weird? Like listening to a filtered acapella, with the instruments still playing in the background but barely audible :bebe:

yes that was always my biggest problem with blue banisters:icant: the songs really felt awkward and unfinished, and paired with the unreleased songs that had really strong melodies and simpler lyrics, it really made the new songs sound... bad:eek:

idk why, but Grandfather is the song that has been slipping down on my anticipated songs list :oprah3:

I really expected it to be a 6 minute track, but I know that the moment I hear the song, I'll forget all of my expectations :oprah3:

Just now, Fingertips said:

idk why, but Grandfather is the song that has been slipping down on my anticipated songs list :oprah3:

I really expected it to be a 6 minute track, but I know that the moment I hear the song, I'll forget all of my expectations :oprah3:

the saxophone is what has me hyped:creepna2: a jazzy masterpiece is on the way