Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, jamesss said:

some of the new members are kinda... :awkney2:

Well, that is rude. Do not fear change, my love. 

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????

1 hour ago, Yeahyeahyeah said:

I said legitimized. I’m not implying he made Lana or anything.

but he did help her remove the gimmics (heavy reverb, lyrical tropes, overly cinematic production) to reveal her true genius as a songwriter. And for that I appreciate him.

You mean Lana actually writes better lyrics now ? 
:smokes3:

Is that guy seriously trying to credit JACK for Lana's evolution  in music? I am about to lose my temper. I wish suffering to that man and his sweet Margaret. 

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyonce have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want - without being crucified or saying I'm glamorizing abuse??????

Lana writes better lyrics now overall (back half of UV and most of Lust for Life, hello?!), but her style has changed so much that it's useless to compare.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Does anyone want to start a thread for a Paris, Texas watch party in a few hours? 

2 minutes ago, GPSOTSOMFWHDSF said:

Is that guy seriously trying to credit JACK for Lana's evolution  in music? I am about to lose my temper. I wish suffering to that man and his sweet Margaret. 

You joined under a day ago, have to wait a bit to get in your first Jack argument :ma:.  But I do miss the production and dramatics of pre-jaxk writing. But I guess different strokes for different....Lipsters? :um2:

Just now, GPSOTSOMFWHDSF said:

I just can’t 😂 . How is it possible for someone to believe that right now , Lana writes better lyrics thanks to Jack ! ? I’m sorry people but you have to go and study all the unreleased and released songs Lana has wrote , up until NFR . Her storytelling has diminished significantly just like the orchestration of the  productions. Do not ignore the elephant in the room. Like it or not just don’t ignore it . 

Just now, SoftwareUpgrade said:

You joined under a day ago, have to wait a bit to get in your first Jack argument :ma:.  But I do miss the production and dramatics of pre-jaxk writing. But I guess different strokes for different....Lipsters? :um2:

Sorry that comment just made me fume with rage. I am bad at biting my tongue. 

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

Lana writes better lyrics now overall (back half of UV and most of Lust for Life, hello?!), but her style has changed so much that it's useless to compare.

Define what you mean by better lyrics . Please enlighten me how songs like arcadia , love song and HIAB are better than pawn shop blues , blackest day  and get free . 

Just now, AntiToxicPill said:

Define what you mean by better lyrics . Please enlighten me how songs like arcadia , love song and HIAB are better than pawn shop blues , blackest day  and get free . 

I don't have to enlighten you about anything with the way you're talking!

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Fingertips said:

AntiToxicPill has messed with the wrong Lipster today :nails:

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

Just now, Jaeden xx said:

AntiToxicPill has messed with the wrong Lipster today :nails:

Clearly he wasn't here yesterday or he would know not to fuck with me unless he wishes that he was never born. :eartha:

You stated that Lana , according to your opinion writes  better lyrics now . You even dared to touch UV ( which is my absolute favourite album ) and that intrigued me to my core . So I ask you again , kindly and in good spirit , how do you perceive better writing . ?

Clearly he wasn't here yesterday or he would know not to fuck with me unless he wishes that he was never born. :eartha:

Mental … at least .