TrashMagiq

How do you sort Lana's unreleased music?

On 3/30/2023 at 6:56 PM, HEARTCORE said:

but im planning on reworking some of the b-sides into proper "albums," 

That's what I did. I have worked since 2020 now on compilation albums, to sort them by style and way of singing (use of voice, interpretation).

I also gave them titles like albums, such as "Black Beauty", "Take me to Paris", "Queen of Disaster" etc. 

The years play a role, but not only. Watercolor Eyes for example sounds so UV that I included it to one of the UV compilations. Was hell of a work, but now I am finally satisfied (especially after the last updates this morning which are not reflected in the screen shots yet). Until the next leaks at least. 

IMG-20230402-224522.jpg

IMG-20230402-224550.jpg

IMG-20230402-224533.jpg

IMG-20230402-224601.jpg

2012-2020.jpg

2005-2011.jpg

It was expensive watch it 

organizing Lana's unreleased by year or sessions is a headache for me. I decided to make collections according to the sound of the tracks and try to make cohesive albums. I don't like all the unreleased, so I only take into account the ones that are in good audio quality. 

for now:

Tropico

1. Fine China

2. Life is Beautiful

3. Say Yes to Heaven

4. Crazy for You

5. California

6. Ave Maria

7. Dragonslayer

8. Big Eyes

9. Tropico (Interlude)

10. Angels Forever

11. I Talk to Jesus

12. Lake Placid

13. Madly

14. Pink Champagne

Miss America

1. Hollywood

2. Because of You

3. Hundred Dollar Bill

4. You Can Be the Boss

5. Kinda Outta Luck

6. Party Girl

7. Us Against the World

8. Driving in Cars with Boys

9. Paradise

10. Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight

11. What's a Girl to Do

12. TV in Black and White

13. Hollywood's Dead

14. Serial Killer

15. Queen of Disaster

'Cause I've been waiting, don't wanna face it
We're all alone now, how far will we take it?

1 minute ago, margaret soty said:

organizing Lana's unreleased by year or sessions is a headache for me. I decided to make collections according to the sound of the tracks and try to make cohesive albums. I don't like all the unreleased, so I only take into account the ones that are in good audio quality. 

for now:

Tropico

1. Fine China

2. Life is Beautiful

3. Say Yes to Heaven

4. Crazy for You

5. California

6. Ave Maria

7. Dragonslayer

8. Big Eyes

9. Tropico (Interlude)

10. Angels Forever

11. I Talk to Jesus

12. Lake Placid

13. Madly

14. Pink Champagne

Miss America

1. Hollywood

2. Because of You

3. Hundred Dollar Bill

4. You Can Be the Boss

5. Kinda Outta Luck

6. Party Girl

7. Us Against the World

8. Driving in Cars with Boys

9. Paradise

10. Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight

11. What's a Girl to Do

12. TV in Black and White

13. Hollywood's Dead

14. Serial Killer

15. Queen of Disaster

Looks like we do it in a similar way. 

4 minutes ago, Olympia said:

Looks like we do it in a similar way. 

omg, I just saw your collection. It is perfectly organized. 😭

I'm still thinking about where to include Cult Leader/Your Girl, maybe with the UV demos.

'Cause I've been waiting, don't wanna face it
We're all alone now, how far will we take it?

5 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

omg, I just saw your collection. It is perfectly organized. 😭

I'm still thinking about where to include Cult Leader/Your Girl, maybe with the UV demos.

Thanks - I worked on it for 2 years, so... 🙈 No idea how many hours I spent on it. I added a lot of songs I had trouble to sort in to the "Queen of hearts" album. That song was the first one I was absolutely not able to add to any compilation, so I did it the other way round and looked for songs which could sound well along with it. I think those 2 you mentioned are in the QoH album now. 

What do you guys think the best program to upload albums or playlists is? I used to have everything organized in google play music but ever since they shut down in 2020 I’ve been too lazy to make a new collection:eek3:

I think I'm really gonna try to do concept albums too, even if I have to include released music inside, in oder to be cohesive. 

For now I have one, I tried to be harmonic in sound and lyrics

I kind of Imagine this album being a transition between UV and HM 

Angels Forever (Lana Del Rey's Divine Questionings)

Side A
Fine china (John Ford)
Madly
Wild one

Side B
Yes to Heaven
Dragonslayer
Melancholia Interlude (Ultraviolence instrumental)

Side C
Pink Champagne
Wait For Life Interlude
Living Legend (demo)

Side D
Let There Be Light (God Knows I Tried demo)
Ave Maria

Angels Forever, Forever Angels

What do you guys think? I'm open to suggestions too  <3

(I wanna make some visuals too, if y'all have an idea of which photoshoot I could use) 

A few people have asked me how I managed to get my unreleased collection to look like this:

koPVu6d.png

OSbCo7D.png

IrVT29O.png
It‘s pretty easy.

(I‘m on my phone right now, so I had to use pictures from google)

When editing the song info on Apple's music app, there are two arrows next to the "song" field. Once you click that, it enables use of "work and movement", meaning that you can sort an album into sections. This is also very helpful when you have dual albums that are technically split into two parts with different titles like Tove Lo's Lady Wood.

It helps me accurately sort her unreleased material by year, even recording sessions would be possible. That way, songs that were most likely recorded with the same group of people… for the same project… at the same time get grouped together. If I knew all the recording dates, I‘d even change the track list according to dates. I've tried sorting them into mixtapes previously, which was fun but just never an accurate display of her work progress imo.

In the comments field, I usually add additional info such as recording dates or OG tags. Basically all the info I don’t want to get lost.

macos-itunes12-5-my-music-songs-get-info

"Work" is the name of the section or disc. "(Movement) name" is the song title. It’s important that both, the regular view and the work/movement view have the same date in the track and disc number fields below, otherwise things could get messed up. Other than that, it is really easy and so so helpful.

In addition to that, I have made playlists for my personal mixtapes, where I create albums for songs that belong to certain recording sessions or scrapped projects.

3 hours ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

A few people have asked me how I managed to get my unreleased collection to look like this:

koPVu6d.png

OSbCo7D.png

IrVT29O.png

just letting you know pink champagne isn't produced by rick nowels, it's produced by paul epworth! and its from 2012

Re-organizing my unreleased completely because I’m mastering songs using AI and downloading in 320kbps… this is such a headache:heidi: I have to re-add the lyrics too:bebe:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

6 hours ago, cranekiss said:

just letting you know pink champagne isn't produced by rick nowels, it's produced by paul epworth! and its from 2012

Interesting! Thank you. Where was this confirmed or mentioned? Do we know the  producers of the other songs as well? 

okay i think im done with the uv & paradise b-sides albums...

egvMGIB.png

8xnQIVD.png

i tried to match the songs to their respective albums based on what i think fits best. for example, Summertime as the closer like The Other Woman, Angels Forever as the opener like Ride etc...then i also created an EP which i imagine barrie & lana would've released together. i really wanted to include Ave Maria somewhere but it doesn't fit :(

lXf6d6I.png

onto making the The Revenge of Lana Del Rey and Nevada next !

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

8 hours ago, BartenderDeco said:

this is kinda off topic but i re-did my local files and it’s the most draining experience ever. the songs wouldn’t sync on my phone and it was so fucking difficult to fix, like it took 3 hours of raging to do it

Oh lord…I was in the same positions as you a while ago. It was dreadful.

okay atp im desperate and i've been digging through this whole website and couldnt rly find anything... but... does anyone here have the miss daytona collection organized into "albums" with corresponding artwork? :bebe:  

if someone could help me out or redirect me somewhere i could find that, it'd be amazing :krylie: