Raise Me Up

do you think an "unreleased" album would be a good idea

11 minutes ago, Greenwich Acid said:

I mean, I think Lana deserves her coin, so yeah, absolutely

her unreleased catalogue is rather infamous even among casual fans - and I suspect I'm not the only one who listens more to it, than I do her released stuff

god only knows how she feels about the idea of putting one together though, I get the feeling she'd rather sprinkle them in her upcoming projects, reworked or otherwise

but if the whole SYTH thing is real, then I'm definitely for it, a few stand-alone singles to go along with the fact that she performs unreleased songs live sometimes

samee, I literally listen to more aka lizzy grant than her other albums :cryney2:

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

no, i can already listen to her unreleased songs just fine, why would i care if they're released, or if they stay unreleased? 

this. I've never understood why people would ever want a song of leaked unreleased songs. instead of getting music, we get music we already have. Lana's also does her best work when she has a vision for an album/era, so throwing together a bunch of unreleased songs that weren't good enough to make past albums would just feel low effort.

The only reasons I can see myself being excited about an album of leaked unreleased songs are:

1. If releasing it didn't delay her next album at all. If I knew that she already had another album in the works and she was truly releasing this just as a bonus to fans or to get money for songs that are being streamed millions of times on YouTube with no money going to her, I'd be cool with it.
  2. It would be nice to have high quality versions of her best unreleased songs and have them easily available across all streaming services
    • Also, not going to lie, I'd get super excited if she re-released AKA with a full physical CD and fully designed booklet, maybe even rereleasing old music videos remastered from that era, etc. I'd definitely buy that and be down for it.

I guess my biggest problem would come in if she promotes it as a brand new era with a bunch of hype and then we get the tracklist and it's just songs we already have. If she instead just posted on IG and said "This is a bonus collection of songs to my fans available next week" and dropped the album, I'd be a lot more content with that.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

3 minutes ago, Venice Jesus Whore said:

this. I've never understood why people would ever want a song of leaked unreleased songs. instead of getting music, we get music we already have. Lana's also does her best work when she has a vision for an album/era, so throwing together a bunch of unreleased songs that weren't good enough to make past albums would just feel low effort.

The only reasons I can see myself being excited about an album of leaked unreleased songs are:

1. If releasing it didn't delay her next album at all. If I knew that she already had another album in the works and she was truly releasing this just as a bonus to fans or to get money for songs that are being streamed millions of times on YouTube with no money going to her, I'd be cool with it.
  2. It would be nice to have high quality versions of her best unreleased songs
    • Also, not going to lie, I'd get super excited if she re-released AKA with a full physical CD and fully designed booklet, maybe even rereleasing old music videos remastered from that era, etc. I'd definitely buy that and be down for it.

i would die for a re-release of aka :cryney2::defeated:

if i had to chose ten songs max as a MUST have :true:

(in no specific order)

1. Trash Magic
  2. Serene Queen
  3. Damn You
  4. You're Gonna Love Me
  5. Your Girl
  6. Fine China
  7. Dragon Slayer
  8. Hollywood - correct ver
  9. Yes to Heaven
  10. Hollywood's Dead
  11. Serial Killer - bonus track since she's performed this live many times
  12. You Can Be the Boss - bonus track since she's performed this live (many times?)

2 minutes ago, The Siren said:

if i had to chose ten songs max as a MUST have :true:

(in no specific order)

1. Trash Magic
  2. Serene Queen
  3. Damn You
  4. You're Gonna Love Me
  5. Your Girl
  6. Fine China
  7. Dragon Slayer
  8. Hollywood - correct ver
  9. Yes to Heaven
  10. Hollywood's Dead
  11. Serial Killer - bonus track since she's performed this live many times
  12. You Can Be the Boss - bonus track since she's performed this live (many times?)

I absolutely want it she release trash magic, this music is incredible :defeated:

I could see a tracklist including mostly leaked songs with maybe 2 or 3 unleaked ones. 

1. Say Yes to Heaven

2. Disco

3. On Our Way

4. Dragonslayer

5. Serene Queen

6. Paradise

7. Queen of Disaster

8. California

9. Serial Killer

10. I Talk to Jesus

11. Fine China

+ 3 unknown masterpieces

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

no, i can already listen to her unreleased songs just fine, why would i care if they're released, or if they stay unreleased? 

Some of them are unmixed and unmastered- imagine how godly they’d be if actually finished 

Lana did actually plan to release them at one point aswell(I think blackout confirmed this on here?) 

One big unreleased album with no cohesion that just has Queen of Disaster going into Fine China or w/e would be terrible but it would be cute if she did different volumes like one for the BTD era ones, one for the UV era ones, one for the newer scraps etc etc.

qfrWuBl.png

no because why would i stream it when i've been listening to my own unreleased albums for the past 8 yrs

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I could see a mixtape, an album simply filled with random unreleased songs like Fine China going into Trash Magic would be... something

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

The best case scenario if she was to release unreleased music would be to either do additional EPs for each era OR (sure, it won't be cohesive) and album where she chooses unreleased songs from each era and tries to make it an "eras" album with short interludes between each part of the album (she could use some of the shorter songs or turn unfinished stuff into interludes).

i thinknit would be a good idea. lana could profit off the songs and she could make sure they're available in the form she wants them in since some songs do have lots of versions. and we know there are some unreleased somgs she really loves. but i almost feel like at this point shes more likely to sprinkle some unreleased songs into new peobects than do a whole unreleased compilation. but then stevie nicks did that and still eventually did a "songs from the vault" album but she rerecorded them all so they all had matching production and i don't see lana doing that. but i do trust she would arrange them in an order that makes it flow sonically and/or thematically. i'm still really hoping she releases an unreleased compilation eventually.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

Part of me would like it because I would like to have those songs in hq… but also I would hate it because organizing my Lana unreleased is literally so fun and if she released and album of them it would make my collection so much smaller:heidi: also I like having them organized by era/sound to listen to like an “album” so a mish mash of different eras would lowkey be lame idk at this point I’d rather just have all of her unreleased leak in hq😭 like that would be more exciting than an unreleased album

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 hour ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

I would be so happy with a 20-30 track unreleased compilation but at the same time I would hate to see unreleased tracks from all different eras being messily put onto a compilation. My dream would be little B side collections for each album/era so things are kept in some kind of order, but at this point I’m happy with anything. 

re-release AKA, give us a 30 track unreleased collection, and give us a UV ultra deluxe 10th anniversary collection next year with 15 b-sides thank you QUEEN!

I know I've been saying this a lot of times already but Lana does not work/think in b-sides/outtakes.

We have so much proof of her going back to things from seemingly unrelated "eras" for new projects…doing reworks, rewrites, etc. It’s virtually impossible to structure the majority of her unreleased catalogue into eras or outtakes. She began recording material for and from Born to Die in 2007 technically. Paradise, Ultraviolence and Honeymoon recording sessions have also extremely blurry time lines.

Personally, I think most of the songs from 2009-2012 could work within the context of a compilation and everything from 2012-2016.

I think sonically, her turning points are:

2009 (post-AKA - pre-BTD)

2011 (BTD - LFL)

2017 (NFR - OB)

23 minutes ago, guns and roses said:

if she ever did this I'd want it to be unleaked songs. otherwise literally what is the point lol

So she can make money of the songs that are illegally being downloaded and used in TikTok videos? So she can be credited for the stuff that going viral?

She revisits unleaked material for every new album. 😂💀

4 hours ago, Blackestday x CN said:

re-work is not a good idea. So we get another lmlylaw instead of pink champagne

I was thinking more so lyrically. I love Say Yes To Heaven for example, but it's so much simpler lyrically than a lot of her recent work. Agree that Pink Champagne is the superior version, but with a lot of her older stuff I think she can keep a lot of the same magic, while improving upon the writing 

5 hours ago, robertenglandgrant said:

Definitely a good idea. She has so many songs that are great, but maybe didn't make the final cut thematically or otherwise on a tracklist. She can easily gather up 15 or so that work well together, re-work/remaster if needed, and then put it out. Of course, she should only do it if she feels comfortable to have it be part of her discography, but she's already shown her openness for stuff like this with 1/3 of BB being previous unreleased songs.  

If Rob agrees, I agree :true:

Capture.jpg