ultrabanisters

London, UK @ BST Hyde Park - July 9th, 2023

19 minutes ago, Blackcloud said:

Yeah. It was fantastic for me to see Lana live for the first time 🤩🙏. I thought the screens and visuals were gorgeous and immersive. It was pretty glorious, not to mention the intoxicating Lana herself.

Disappointing that there were no collabs with the features, but that would have been extra. FJM said they talked about it, but in the end just ended talking about church. Lana is a religion in herself 😇.

So true. I loved FJM’s set too! And SYML was amazing :wub:

31 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

The way the merch sold out :sadcore2: I really wanted a Lana hyde park shirt.. left it too late 

I wanted a poster, I got there at 3pm and they were all gone! 

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

5 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

So true. I loved FJM’s set too! And SYML was amazing :wub:

I wanted a poster, I got there at 3pm and they were all gone! 

Missed SYML 😢. I thought Gang Of Youths were quite good. I didn’t know who they were, nor did anyone else seemingly 😂.

6 minutes ago, Blackcloud said:

Missed SYML 😢. I thought Gang Of Youths were quite good. I didn’t know who they were, nor did anyone else seemingly 😂.

Neither haha. They were okay, I wish they put Tommy on that stage instead of them, as I had to miss Tommy to get my space. 

Can we take a minute to appreciate the venue staff though? They were so efficient at handing out and refilling water bottles, and even bought food like chips and burgers and passed them into the crowd at one point. Definitely the best staffed concert I’ve been to this year. 

When she hummed Trash Magic during her hair appointment interlude oh I collapsed

2 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

Neither haha. They were okay, I wish they put Tommy on that stage instead of them, as I had to miss Tommy to get my space. 

Can we take a minute to appreciate the venue staff though? They were so efficient at handing out and refilling water bottles, and even bought food like chips and burgers and passed them into the crowd at one point. Definitely the best staffed concert I’ve been to this year. 

Yeah. Would of been super cool to see Tommy Genesis 🤷‍♂️

I was on the viewing platform, and sadly didn’t get any snacks or drinks 🥲. I thought the stuff were pretty good though. The whole place seemed more busy at GnR, even though it was a sellout. Maybe, old guys just need more food, and have more disposable income 🤔.

Lana has got to stop just not singing parts of songs though because the crowd gets so confused 😭

No one wants to sing loud above everyone else when Lana isn’t incase they get it wrong. When she didn’t sing Ride bridge and the screens didn’t show her pointing the mic at the crowd, my whole section was dead silent until the last line :rip:

just awoke from the best sleep of my life i was exhausted lemme review my day

first of all i had an amazing time, we were about 10 rows back and had a great amount of space with no pushing or shoving. think we got lucky tbh. we got there at 11:11am (lol) and doors were pretty much 1pm on the dot. quite well organised and we got our place in the crowd and sat down for a bit until the acts. security let us bring a few bottles of water in so we didnt pass out lol

one thing i will say is the difference in fans from my 2017 show to this show. the general demographic has become ALOT younger. most of the people around us were 16-19 whereas before it was mostly 20s. not saying it’s a bad thing but it’s interesting what tiktok has done. the only downside is most of them have little concert experience so their etiquette is basically non existent and they can be rude and push for no reason at all…

ANYWAYS LANA WAS INCREDIBLE AS ALWAYS. she was slightly late but she performed so well and she was so sweet the entire night. i am really puzzled as to why she didnt perform the collabs because there was actually no excuse to not do them considering every single person was sat backstage… but anyways

anyways.. see you later in paris girl

IMG-4401.jpgIMG-4258.jpgIMG-4284.jpg

IMG-4314.jpg

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Gang of youths were a badly selected act for the day, too enthusiastic and happy lol, we are Lana stans, up beat is not the vibe :silly:

but seriously.. I recognised some of their songs.. feel maybe I’ve seen them before at a different festival.. 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

1 minute ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Gang of youths were a badly selected act for the day, too enthusiastic and happy lol, we are Lana stans, up beat is not the vibe :silly:

but seriously.. I recognised some of their songs.. feel maybe I’ve seen them before at a different festival.. 

i actually surprisingly enjoyed them. probably my favourite support of the day tied with FJM

i didnt get to see tommy though

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

2 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

first of all i had an amazing time, we were about 10 rows back and had a great amount of space with no pushing or shoving. think we got lucky tbh. we got there at 11:11am (lol) and doors were pretty much 1pm on the dot. quite well organised and we got our place in the crowd and sat down for a bit until the acts. security let us bring a few bottles of water in so we didnt pass out lol

one thing i will say is the difference in fans from my 2017 show to this show. the general demographic has become ALOT younger. most of the people around us were 16-19 whereas before it was mostly 20s. not saying it’s a bad thing but it’s interesting what tiktok has done. the only downside is most of them have little concert experience so their etiquette is basically non existent and they can be rude and push for no reason at all…

ANYWAYS LANA WAS INCREDIBLE AS ALWAYS. she was slightly late but she performed so well and she was so sweet the entire night. i am really puzzled as to why she didnt perform the collabs because there was actually no excuse to not do them considering every single person was sat backstage… but anyways

see you later in paris girl

So jealous you’re going to the Paris show!!

I really overbudgeted for yesterday.. so I coulda probably went to Paris tonight 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

6 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

Lana has got to stop just not singing parts of songs though because the crowd gets so confused 😭

No one wants to sing loud above everyone else when Lana isn’t incase they get it wrong. When she didn’t sing Ride bridge and the screens didn’t show her pointing the mic at the crowd, my whole section was dead silent until the last line :rip:

No literally 💀 everyone around me kept getting confused and not singing, but sometimes people just improvised along with Lana like when she sung OB

8 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Maybe Lana just wanted a counterpoint to the other acts 🤷‍♂️. Maybe she just likes the band too 🤔. I liked them though, and I think they didn’t ruin the vibe too much.

1 minute ago, summer bummer said:

No literally 💀 everyone around me kept getting confused and not singing, but sometimes people just improvised along with Lana like when she sung OB

Haha. Sounds like what I did 😎.

I posted a highlights video on my YT if any1 wants to see. Not amazing quality, the girl behind me thought everyone paid to listen to her sing the WHOLE show. 

Just woke up after finally getting to sleep at 2 am :yawn: 

What an amazing show!! It was VERY pushy where I was standing (a bit further than the barrier where GA starts) and I could barely hear (SO much screaming) or see anything but 10/10, obsessed

Only Lana could invite practically everyone she collabed with and then not sing with any of them but honestly I forgive her because the show was so good 

I managed to get some merch too!! So glad the green lips t-shirt wasn't the only one available 

Loved the FJM set, but although I'm a rock girlie the audio mixing for Gang of Youths wasn't great :wtf3: 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

37 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

anyways.. see you later in paris girl

IMG-4401.jpgIMG-4258.jpgIMG-4284.jpg

IMG-4314.jpg

Around me everyone was probably in their 20s and up I was further back though probably right in the middle of golden circle

I agree with majority, I landed myself such a good spot and was lining up outside from like 10am but people were so pushy and rude I gave up at around 2:30pm inside and ended up walking around bts till 8:20 and went back in gold circle then. Couldn’t see shit but the screens made Lana look amazing and it was fun to be around everyone. 

I will say though BTS need to exaggerate that there is absolutely no shade anywhere, I ended up sitting in the medical tent for an hour among loads of other people from heat stroke and when I was watching Tommy someone literally passed out in front of me so..

:silly: