Sign in to follow this  
LycaneInMoonlight

My boyfriend don't like Lana...

i hope he can takeaway something from this… or Earthquakes . It’s about being safe in your own chaos :wub: he will understand one day that even if he can’t understand he is drawn to the mystique you have channeled through her for a long time

27 minutes ago, boom like that said:

From what you've said, it seems like its moreso he needs to learn how to respect you and your interests. Like he doesn't understand lana, well then so be it, but hes gotta understand that you love lana. And theres no ifs and buts about it! :oprah3: basic fundamentals of a relationship 101 tbh gretchen-maria-odete-brito-de-miranda-brazilian-singer-dancer-media-personality-gif-17179476.gif

Thank you

2 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

i hope he can takeaway something from this… or Earthquakes . It’s about being safe in your own chaos :wub: he will understand one day that even if he can’t understand he is drawn to the mystique you have channeled through her for a long time

i Hope so...

you can't force somebody to like a certain artist, but as long as he respects the fact that you love her and doesn't put you down for it, i don't think he's doing anything wrong, but if you really want him to try to enjoy some of her music, maybe you should try to find something he'd like, what kind of music is he into to?

Lana Del Rey Shades Of Cool Gif

i ' m  y o u r  l i t t l e  q u e e n ✵ r e d , w h i t e , a n d  b l u e 

Just about every man I’ve dated in the years I’ve listened to Lana has successfully been converted. He sounds tasteless, I’m so sorry. Not much you can do about someone else’s taste, unfortunately. 

AB6-A338-F-93-FB-4-E32-8-E3-A-565-A67-D9

1 minute ago, Lycane83 said:

The famous line of ultraviolence, the music video of ride and some of her lyrics ....

If they were all lyrics from that long ago...you could tell him its been almost 10 years since she wrote those and her music is a lot different now. Also the line "he hit me and it felt like a kiss" is a reference to another song, so its not exactly her own words/beliefs

Also she's made reparations (donated to Native American reservations and stuff) for the Ride music video because she didn't understand at the time about the headdress.

She's definitely talked about these things in interviews so maybe if you show him those he will understand that she's not the same person she was 10 years ago lol

3 hours ago, racecar said:

why y'all are trying to froce other ppl to like Lana :toofunny: stop it. do y'all like music that your boyfriends/girlfriends/families etc listen to?? :stareney2:

Fun fact about my family: we all pretty much like the same things as well as have our own personal favs that the others don't touch at all. :lolliney:

Spoiler

Because of my sister, I listened to:

Avril Lavigne

Gwen Stefani

Rihanna

Evanescence

Falling in Reverse

Alice in Chains

Because of my brother, I listened to:

Three Days Grace 

Breaking Benjamin / Saint Astonia

Kesha (he only listened to her in high school to fit in tho)

Korn

The music my other sister and I happen to like is:

Slipknot

Declan McKenna

The Offspring

Because of my dad, I listened to:

The Moody Blues

Aerosmith

Johnny Cash 

The Beatles

Melanie (Safka)

Bing Crosby (tho I only know the Xmas songs)

Burl Ives (tho I only know the Xmas songs)

And my mom doesn't listen to music like the rest of us do (sad) but she did go to a Bon Jovi concert in the 80s and has said she likes Miley Cyrus's live vocals (particularly for the one backyard session of Jolene)

Shoot him, bury him, eulogize him, and then find a new boyfriend.  

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

2 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

the last part you wrote sounds so poetic for some reason :true:

I totally agree , we all share some of parts of her artistry in our character due to loving her music for so many years

He should respect your music preferences 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

4 hours ago, Lycane83 said:

I tried...

The problem is he don't understand why i like her (because of some controversies) so for me , it's almost like an attack to who i am...

I'm not a native english so maybe it's not very clear lol

no i get it completely. i understand. youre boyfriend needs to realize that you two are different people, like youre literally not the same person therefore you will have different interests. 

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

So annoying :/ I used to play Lana in the car a lot with my bf, but he doesn't care much for her music, and he has skipped her songs many time before  (LITERALLY the biggest snub, it offends me so much). So I don't play her much in the car anymore. 

I think it's just different tastes. He knows she is my favourite solo artist, and respects that, but he's just not into music that is so "slow/mellow" (his words). What would really upset me the most is if he couldn't stand her music at all and told me to turn it off when I play it around the house just chilling. Sounds like that's what your bf kinda does, and I'm so sorry :smh: at some point id just be asking him to make peace with you loving it and for him to get over it. It's so rude to get in the way of someone's passions like that, especially when Lana is an artist that hasn't actually hurt people, unlike some who are widely still accepted as everyone's faves. 

On 6/3/2023 at 7:07 AM, Veinsineon said:

Oh you get it get it