ethelcain

"Tropico" (Scrapped) Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

2 minutes ago, Break Me Down said:

Ok so now im confused again :crai: @lanaismamom if IYLDWM and Brooklyn Baby (Demos) were recorded June-July 2013 does that mean they could've been on a draft of Tropico too?

On August 19-21, 2013 barrie tweeted he has written new songs but we do not know if it’s his own songs or the songs written together w lana

Just now, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Tropico truthers and preachers with their bloods sweats tears to see the light of this record… they are never tired…

can we finally have a talk about lust and norman anybody? 

You feel free to make a thread about them because this is confusing enough lmao :crai:

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

24 minutes ago, Break Me Down said:

You feel free to make a thread about them because this is confusing enough lmao :crai:

Ya know

it does feel like it’s us fans who made this tropico lore confusing by ourselves ahaha

that’s pretty much it right? Tropico - a scrapped record throughout late 2012 (some dare to say mid) to june july 2013 and she reworked some original songs to place it on the trpc tracklist

did i just clarify the theory of tropico under a minute? Maybe

8 hours ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Sweet info from u as usual. I might annoy you with bombing these questions towards u

oh no for sure im always up to answer these questions as really very much we know about but its so down deep that u have to search it very long time and I Just like this, the creation process of any album, I really know very much and always watch for insider information, and soon I gonna make a thread with my own the most detail and accurate information on every song/demo u could ever find out there of what we know of, just nobody really did a job on sistemazing things and I decided I need to and want to

8 hours ago, Break Me Down said:

Ok so now im confused again :crai: @lanaismamom if IYLDWM and Brooklyn Baby (Demos) were recorded June-July 2013 does that mean they could've been on a draft of Tropico too?

Brooklyn demo not draft but just sessions, if you lie down with me I suppose so

keep in mind 'tropico' era album was never a finalized work, just these acoustic tracks were the main sounds lana was aiming for this project

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

11 hours ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

But Lanz said she already had a movie in mind that concludes with bel air gods and body electric as early as november 2012

that og bel air mv

11 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

im pretty sure that was a different concepr and tropico and paradise were supposed deffirent project from the start but then she merged them

It wasn't because shortly before that interview was released, the Bel Air visual dropped with the TROPICO film announcement and that was in 2012.

I am still certain that the title "TROPICO" for the songs recorded at that time was a placeholder title because the songs she compiled for the record on that notebook may have tied in with the spiritual theme she had worked out for the film. She probably wanted the album to be somewhat of a continuation or elaboration on the story told in that film. A lot of the songs listed on that notebook have spiritual themes or deal with redemption in a way. I think she used that title because it best captured the vibe or the theme she had in mind for the then untitled second album.

20 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

It wasn't because shortly before that interview was released, the Bel Air visual dropped with the TROPICO film announcement and that was in 2012.

it clearly was stop with that narrative! they were 2 absolutely different projects from the very start

20 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

I am still certain that the title "TROPICO" for the songs recorded at that time was a placeholder title because the songs she compiled for the record on that notebook may have tied in with the spiritual theme she had worked out for the film. She probably wanted the album to be somewhat of a continuation or elaboration on the story told in that film. A lot of the songs listed on that notebook have spiritual themes or deal with redemption in a way. I think she used that title because it best captured the vibe or the theme she had in mind for the then untitled second album.

yes there definitely was a real plans for a second studio album to be released in acoustic sound with songs made in late 2012-summer 2013, and this "tropico era" album was also a different album from ultraviolence, its just when something happened she had to scrap or rework most of these songs to now fit in new album's sound and visuals 

3 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Tropico was glamorous and grand like Paradise and Trans Am was more acoustic and folky!

we really know nothing about trans am and im 98% convinced it never had any meaning behind it and more than sure it wasnt the way how that acoustic songs album would be named even tho its a very cool and very mysterious title i would like for a lana record

this would've been such a cool album conceptually and it may be gone but we really did end up with Ultraviolence

hope it sees the light of day :wub:

3 minutes ago, Bonita said:

this would've been such a cool album conceptually and it may be gone but we really did end up with Ultraviolence

hope it sees the light of day :wub:

tbh we are so lucky that 2013 album didnt happen, neither acoustic album nor ultraviolence with rick nowels, she really did the best sound for these songs with dan auerbach, and one of the mosticonic songs from that era were still considered after scrapping tropico idea so its either way a wn:angie:

1 minute ago, lanaismamom said:

tbh we are so lucky that 2013 album didnt happen, neither acoustic album nor ultraviolence with rick nowels, she really did the best sound for these songs with dan auerbach, and one of the mosticonic songs from that era were still considered after scrapping tropico idea so its either way a wn:angie:

the thing is you could tell her main intent was to have a sonic shift from the born to die sound. keeps getting me excited about her next one :wub:

12 hours ago, Break Me Down said:

- Queen Of Hearts (Feb 2, 2013)

- Don't Stop (Feb 2, 2013)

id also exclude these, they are just some rough things most likely intended for mike will made its album

12 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

But throughout February-March 2014, Lana continued to send some tracks to other producers:

to add onto this, it’s rumoured that Paul Epworth has a version of Prom Song (Gone Wrong)

12 hours ago, Break Me Down said:

7. Jesus (I Talk To Jesus [Alt. Final Version])

I think that this isnt the tropico version. The tropico version is the 2012 one

5 minutes ago, Billie said:

to add onto this, it’s rumoured that Paul Epworth has a version of Prom Song (Gone Wrong)

wait wha-
49tA0gF.gif
this is the first time im hearing it, where did u find out about this first?

41 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

we really know nothing about trans am and im 98% convinced it never had any meaning behind it and more than sure it wasnt the way how that acoustic songs album would be named even tho its a very cool and very mysterious title i would like for a lana record

What I say is truth, sorry!