ethelcain

"Tropico" (Scrapped) Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

1. (?? Water) (2 words)
  2. ??? (3 words)
  3. Guns n Roses
  4. Black Beauty
  5. Lake Placid
  6. Melancholia
  7. Earthquakes
  8. Summertime
  9. Dragonslayer
  10. (Dream ??) (2 words)
  11. ??? (2 words)

This is what I see!

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

1 minute ago, Crazy Husband Thief said:

There's no way that the title between "Earthquakes" and "Axl Rose" isn't "Yes To Heaven". It looks a bit weird because the q from "Earthquakes" penetrates it.

tropico-tl.webp

image.png?ex=65aa7505&is=65980005&hm=f96a84e6167ad99b5a060ef9e5880c64f1fd539c19f3aae3fb29526e4e43372c&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=463&height=520

i think BOZ would have spilled about say yes to heaven being on a tropico tracklist in his little essay about it, i feel like it’s been confirmed the songs earliest version is from late 2013

YCY3W7s.jpg

8 minutes ago, lake placid said:

i think BOZ would have spilled about say yes to heaven being on a tropico tracklist in his little essay about it, i feel like it’s been confirmed the songs earliest version is from late 2013

I mean it's very possible that she had a rough laptop demo or just a written version of the song that she considered for Tropico/Trans-Am. We don't know after all what that song list actually means.

I also see "Money Power Glory" as the top song in that other picture.

Money Power Glory

Old Money

Black Beauty

Lake Placid

Melancholia

Earthquakes

Summertime

Dragonslayer

Trans Am

Live or Die :judgingu3:

1 hour ago, Crazy Husband Thief said:

There's no way that the title between "Earthquakes" and "Axl Rose" isn't "Yes To Heaven". It looks a bit weird because the q from "Earthquakes" penetrates it.

tropico-tl.webp

image.png?ex=65aa7505&is=65980005&hm=f96a84e6167ad99b5a060ef9e5880c64f1fd539c19f3aae3fb29526e4e43372c&=&format=webp&quality=lossless&width=463&height=520

I agree. That's 110% YTH. 

1 hour ago, lake placid said:

Open your eyes instead of listening to "insiders'. Trust life will be a lot easier. 

[LEAK] Easy Rider :dua:

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

22 hours ago, lake placid said:

Some of the people who worked on the song did say it's from 2012, though it's possible they misremembered.

53 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Thief said:

Hear me out:

IMG_8525.png?ex=65abb41f&is=65993f1f&hm=

interesting… and very possible

this same title might also look like money and power

and the last one is very obvious leader…. 

we don’t know the 11th title, and just judging from legit information we’ve got, there’s no way yes to heaven could be on the list (tho pink champagne that has a version from october 2013 100% existed back in january in any form)

but does that writing look like yes to heaven to 100% say it could be from earlier than october 2013? honestly no, at the very least that could be nectar of the gods

so, considering u can say what exactly are the 1-10 songs, and considering, that the last 3 positions look like something from nectar of the gods, money and power, angels forever demo, cult leader (because each of them were done/conceptualized around that time) or rumored song preacher, here is the list of the rest known tracks, that were done before march 2013 but weren’t used in a either tracklist, so u can try to put them on the last 3 positions and see if anything will match:

Ave Maria (doesn’t match)

Dragonslayer (doesn’t match)

Mike (doesn’t match)

so those last 3 songs are most definitely something that we already know of

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

35 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Thief said:

It’s quite surprising that Angels Forever/Easy Rider never popped up on any of these considering it was a UV outtake allegedly and came from the same sessions as Black Beauty.

Therefore I strongly believe it’s another version of AFFA.

most definitely the version we’ve already got (drumless) since when that demo was leaked someone said it was done in february 2013

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

11 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

interesting… and very possible

this same title might also look like money and power

and the last one is very obvious leader…. 

we don’t know the 11th title, and just judging from legit information we’ve got, there’s no way yes to heaven could be on the list (tho pink champagne that has a version from october 2013 100% existed back in january in any form)

but does that writing look like yes to heaven to 100% say it could be from earlier than october 2013? honestly no, at the very least that could be nectar of the gods

so, considering u can say what exactly are the 1-10 songs, and considering, that the last 3 positions look like something from nectar of the gods, money and power, angels forever demo, cult leader (because each of them were done/conceptualized around that time) or rumored song preacher, here is the list of the rest known tracks, that were done before march 2013 but weren’t used in a either tracklist, so u can try to put them on the last 3 positions and see if anything will match:

Ave Maria (doesn’t match)

Dragonslayer (doesn’t match)

Mike (doesn’t match)

so those last 3 songs are most definitely something that we already know of

Yeah it could be Nectar of the Gods but very awkwardly and narrowly written to fit in the space.

TROPICO

Old Money
Black Beauty
Guns n Roses
Lake Placid
Summertime
Melancholia
Jesus
Pink Champagne
Elvis
Earthquakes
Money + Power / Nectar Of The Gods
Easy Rider
Leader

13 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

I’m sorry but that does not say Easy Rider 😭 Are we just gonna ignore the fact that the supposed a looks like a d?

I read "Question For The Culture". 

16 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

I’m sorry but that does not say Easy Rider 😭 Are we just gonna ignore the fact that the supposed a looks like a d?

The long part that makes it look like a d could be her lower case f from Nectar of the Gods.

image0.jpg?ex=65abc282&is=65994d82&hm=d6
image0.jpg?ex=65abc2c6&is=65994dc6&hm=1b