lanaismamom

"Lust for Life" Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

27 minutes ago, 111 said:

she told me love was gonna come out in February and then early March (with the exact dates but i can't remember), she kept delaying cause the album wasn't ready 

Did she talk about other singles too? Or only these 2?

url%5D

10 minutes ago, Embach said:

Did she talk about other singles too? Or only these 2?

BAR was probably going to be 2nd single and the title track, she decided half way thru the mv shoot to scrap it. the weeknd collab probably finalized around that time and her label was probably much more interested in doing a high budget video for that. i imagine she wanted to use Love to launch everything and BAR as like the second single closer to the album, but when Love leaked early and the album wasn't really ready to be announced they couldn't really do the "big lead single" moment and wanted a weeknd track as the bigger moment to announce the album. but that album campaign changed like every week so who knows

3 minutes ago, DinahLee said:

Ugh I really hope that someday we'll get the BAR scrapped video.

We have it don’t we? It’s the white Mustang video

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

17 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Yeha but like with the lip sync and other scenes. There'a apparently a scene where's she's holding a vase.

url%5D

1 hour ago, 111 said:

BAR was probably going to be 2nd single and the title track, she decided half way thru the mv shoot to scrap it. the weeknd collab probably finalized around that time and her label was probably much more interested in doing a high budget video for that. i imagine she wanted to use Love to launch everything and BAR as like the second single closer to the album, but when Love leaked early and the album wasn't really ready to be announced they couldn't really do the "big lead single" moment and wanted a weeknd track as the bigger moment to announce the album. but that album campaign changed like every week so who knows

Let’s not forget our favorite little birdie Stella who basically orchestrated the ”lust for life” part of the entire era and had Johnny blue eyes fired :ma:

24 minutes ago, Unknown said:

Her best era :true:

and honestly her most unfortunate one.. had everything gone perfect i feel like this era could’ve been so much bigger. and maybe we would’ve gotten that b side album :sadcore2:

1 hour ago, taco truck said:

Oh we do have the White Mustang but I really mean the original cut. I'm sure there's a lot of extra footage they just couldn't use because of lip synching and the white mustang recut is just... what was salvageable.

Also; Ultraviolence\freak original video. No surprise the pool scenes were so gorgeous that she actually recycled it twice.

1 hour ago, Rust Dress said:

and honestly her most unfortunate one.. had everything gone perfect i feel like this era could’ve been so much bigger. and maybe we would’ve gotten that b side album :sadcore2:

It's because she met Jack but we got NFR so 🤷‍♀️

url%5D

16 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

Let’s not forget our favorite little birdie Stella who basically orchestrated the ”lust for life” part of the entire era and had Johnny blue eyes fired :ma:

btw who stella was and what she done:defeated:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

Additional producer of 13 Beaches, Heroin and The Next Best American Record - Mighty Mike - describing little bit about the creative process of Lust For Life album under his Instagram post on the album's release day. He also played drums and percussion on those three songs and the title track, Groupie Love, Get Free:

Lustie.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW0PnnfFq0B/?igshid=MzY1NDJmNzMyNQ==

url%5D

On 6/24/2023 at 6:12 PM, Unknown said:

Lust For Life demo dates back to August 2015, Serene Queen is September 2015 and Lana's session with max martin where she reworked LFL was September 2016 (at this point the song was still solo)

On 6/24/2023 at 6:25 PM, Wait For Life said:

There are some great demos of Heroin and Groupie Love btw :silly:

want to bring to attention of existing of superior demos fpr Groupie Love, Heroin, the first version of LFL from august 2015 and LFL solo version from September 2016...:defeated:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

17 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

want to bring to attention of existing of superior demos fpr Groupie Love, Heroin, the first version of LFL from august 2015 and LFL solo version from September 2016...:defeated:

Wait isn't that solo max martin demo the third demo? The "one foot in the door" lyrics one?

url%5D