lanaismamom

"Lust for Life" Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

30 minutes ago, cherryblossoms said:

Could someone explain the witchy aesthetic/sound to me? Like what does that even mean? The older tracks and outtakes from the album strike me as being more sci-fi inspired more than anything.

Also where did the idea of the original LFL being witchy come from? I only ever started hearing that when Lana released the LFL album trailer. The album we know now as LFL was already completed by then so the purported concept change (based off the album trailer) doesn’t make sense to me.

lfl vibe is so missunderstood sometimes cuz everyone talks how witchy it should be and how its basically a "darker" btd cherry americana, but in reality lfl is like a futuristic 80s aesthetic, which is framed really well on love mv. the witchy lfl is an earlier concept that fans created i think basically uniting early lfl sessions that seemed "witchy" (poetry in motion and serene queen) and the album trailer

3 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

no it's actually been split into two separate files for years now, one lies in carcase's files and the other in wait for life's
the only way we can hear it is if they both confess their love for each other and share the files to join and make one, both in their relationship and in the full version of malibu

when they do this but half of the song is still missing, than what

source.gif

3 minutes ago, ulttraviolenncee said:

lfl vibe is so missunderstood sometimes cuz everyone talks how witchy it should be and how its basically a "darker" btd cherry americana, but in reality lfl is like a futuristic 80s aesthetic, which is framed really well on love mv

yes it turned out retro-futuristic, but its original concept WAS more witchy

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

The sheer amount of songs for this album is so crazy too me I'm mean it makes sense with the long time she worked on the album and the amount of the stuff that happened during its creation but still its crazy AND the fact that we've heard like two of them.There is such a wide range kf different styles based off the titles alone

1 hour ago, ivory almond said:

no it's actually been split into two separate files for years now, one lies in carcase's files and the other in wait for life's
the only way we can hear it is if they both confess their love for each other and share the files to join and make one, both in their relationship and in the full version of malibu

:thumb3:

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

30 minutes ago, Embach said:

Love was made in April 2016 if I'm not wrong, depends how do you count months as early or mid year

it's more mid year than early. this "mid 2016" was period of April-August 2016 cause many things in studio were happening

7 hours ago, Embach said:

Perhaps, before scrapping TNBAR and Yosemite, the album had 18 tracks (including TNBAR, Yosemite, Roses Bloom but minus Change). Maybe more songs were switched but known fact is that Change was the very last song recorded for the album.

i’d say including california not roses bloom for you as the last track was never registered anywhere (or it could be registered under missing numbers like 1685, 1689 or 1690, as, as we found out, best american record and yosemite were both registered too but stayed hidden until she wouldn’t release them officially and they appeared date back to 2017 so i bet those missing numbers like 1685, 1689 or 1690 also some hidden lfl tracks

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

6 hours ago, Embach said:

From a French magazine in 2017:

"Two of the songs from the new album were composed while we were finalizing the previous one, I can't stop working, I love being in the studio, I feel good there."

this is interesting and my bet is groupie love for the second track 

6 hours ago, cherryblossoms said:

Could someone explain the witchy aesthetic/sound to me? Like what does that even mean? The older tracks and outtakes from the album strike me as being more sci-fi inspired more than anything.

Also where did the idea of the original LFL being witchy come from? I only ever started hearing that when Lana released the LFL album trailer. The album we know now as LFL was already completed by then so the purported concept change (based off the album trailer) doesn’t make sense to me.

honestly i have no idea and to this day im most assured it was made up because we have never had any evidence of that stupid witchy theme how i want that album would finally get rid of those allegations because apart trailer nothing about lfl era reminds witchy in a slightest like i seriously have no idea why it became such strong thing because spacey ≠ witchy 

I feel like the only reason LFL is associated with being witchy is just bc of the album trailer and nothing else :oprah3: And the trailer isn't even that witchy when you really analyze it 

Also, scifi retro-futuristic LFL 1.0 makes way more sense than witchy LFL 1.0

ESTIMATED OG TRACKLIST FROM (based on registrations and assumptions)

late Winter 2016/March 2017

1.Roses Bloom For You (?)

2.Love

3.Lust For Life (version without The Weeknd but not this 6 min one- correct me if i'm wrong)

4.13 Beaches

5.Summer Bummer (alt version)

6.Groupie Love (alt version)

7.God Bless America - And All The Beautiful Women In It (without drums)

8. ? (probaly one of political outtakes)

9.When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing (?) (apparently it wasn't meant to be on the album but maybe it was at the beginning cause it was registered, later vault-ed and then went back to album)

10.Best American Record

11.Yosemite

12. ?

13. ?

14.Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems (dunno if og album version was the one which was recorded in March 2017 but without Nicks or one of leaked demos or unleaked version)

15.Tomorrow Never Came (solo)

16.Heroin

17.Get Free

one of unknown tracks could be California (2017)/California (2015). she intended to release second one in future. we don't know how many tracks were in these time but i think it was 16 without RBFY

BITCH I COULD WORK IN FBI IF I BROKE THE CODE

1 minute ago, palemoonbaby said:

2.Love

3.Lust For Life (version without The Weeknd but not this 6 min one)

4.13 Beaches

9.When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing (?) (apparently it wasn't meant to be on the album but maybe it was at the beginning cause it was registered, later vault-ed and then went back to album)

10.Best American Record

11.Yosemite

12. ?

13. ?

14.Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems (dunno if og album version was the one which was recorded in March 2017 but without Nicks or one of leaked demos or unleaked version)

16.Heroin

17.Get Free

one of unknown tracks could be California (2017)/California (2015). she intended to release second one in future. we don't know how many tracks were in these time but i think it was 16 without RBFY

perhaps but if i'm not wrong the title track with abel was recorded in sept 2016

url%5D

4 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

1. Roses Bloom For You

2. Lust For Life (ft. The Weekend)

3. 13 Beaches

4. White Mustang 

5. Groupie Love (feat. ASAP Rocky)

6. God Bless America 

7. When The World Was At War We Just Kept Dancing

8. Yosemite

9. The Next Best American Record

10. LA Who Am I 

11. Silverlake

12. Everything I Do

13. Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems (feat. Stevie Nicks)

14. Tomorrow Never Came (feat. Sean Ono Lennon)

15. Heroin

16. Young And In Love

17. Get Free

18. Anyone Who Had A Heart

:oprah4:

1 hour ago, palemoonbaby said:

2.Love

3.Lust For Life (version without The Weeknd but not this 6 min one- correct me if i'm wrong)

4.13 Beaches

10.Best American Record

11.Yosemite

12. ?

13. ?

16.Heroin

17.Get Free

This tracklist eats so hard omg :crying: