mybluenectarofthegods389

“Honeymoon” Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

1 hour ago, Embach said:

Idk I somehow remember that the name itself was debunked somewhere (by Honeymouns?) but i'm starting to doubt it. Idk.

Do you know something about it @lanaismamom or even @Unknown?

I believe its a made up title and the demo we have was leaked as the blackest day, I know that the title blackest day was in consideration tho, and the second demo by him is rather rumored. as for crazy for you, the leaked version is demo 1, the final version that is 10 seconds longer with a srtings intro remains unleaked, demo 2 said to be 3 45 but its rumored that its the same version as leaked one with 4 additional seconds

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

5 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

I believe its a made up title and the demo we have was leaked as the blackest day, I know that the title blackest day was in consideration tho, and the second demo by him is rather rumored. as for crazy for you, the leaked version is demo 1, the final version that is 10 seconds longer with a srting intro remains unleaked, demo 2 said to. be 3 45 but its rumored thatto its the same version as leaked one without 4 seconds

Tysm :kiss:

url%5D

22 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

I believe its a made up title and the demo we have was leaked as the blackest day, I know that the title blackest day was in consideration tho, and the second demo by him is rather rumored. as for crazy for you, the leaked version is demo 1, the final version that is 10 seconds longer with a srtings intro remains unleaked, demo 2 said to be 3 45 but its rumored that its the same version as leaked one with 4 additional seconds

ty! now I'm dying to hear the final with the string intro... 

Another question I have is about Say Yes to Heaven, has it been made clear which version she was considering for Honeymoon? Based off BoZ's blog post ( or whatever he's calling it idc) the STINT demo was made during the Honeymoon sessions, I can't imagine that was the one on the track list bc none of the other STINT demos made it. But it was taken off the track list bc of the Hugo Boss campaign that ultimately didn't happen either. So is there a Rick Nowels demo from this time period? Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if it's not too different than what ended up getting released

1 minute ago, Candy Necklace said:

ty! now I'm dying to hear the final with the string intro... 

Another question I have is about Say Yes to Heaven, has it been made clear which version she was considering for Honeymoon? Based off BoZ's blog post ( or whatever he's calling it idc) the STINT demo was made during the Honeymoon sessions, I can't imagine that was the one on the track list bc none of the other STINT demos made it. But it was taken off the track list bc of the Hugo Boss campaign that ultimately didn't happen either. So is there a Rick Nowels demo from this time period? Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if it's not too different than what ended up getting released

yeah after stint made his version it was discarded and rick nowels with kieron menzis made version during hm sessions (this version remains unleaked) that was supposed to be on hm tracklist (this same version was later intended for the 5th studio album on early stages) but then that big company contacted lana about this song that ended up not using it at all and it was also late to put the song on hm

I'll be 100% honest with you guys, if there's an album in which I wouldn't change a thing, it's Honeymoon. Like, I absolutely adore Say Yes To Heaven and California, but I wouldn't trade anything on Honeymoon for them. It's not even just about the quality of the songs itself, this album is a true one of a kind experience. Delicate, classical, dreamy, atmospheric, both vintage and modern, diverse yet cohesive, heavenly production, perfect tracklist (by perfect, I really mean it, the sequence just feels right), an unmatched soundscape... I was watching a reaction video last weekend and gosh, it's a very special record, a lighting in the bottle that I don't think anyone, even Lana will ever be able to duplicate.

I really love the sessions as a whole, a lot of bops left in the cutting room, but the final result makes up for it. I wish some of the outtakes were released/repurposed/reworked tho. Either be it an later album or in a sequel EP, there is some real good shit that deserves just as much a proper release. I just can't wait to hear Come With Me and Paradise for the first time, hopefully this year.

2 hours ago, YourGirl666 said:

I'll be 100% honest with you guys, if there's an album in which I wouldn't change a thing, it's Honeymoon. Like, I absolutely adore Say Yes To Heaven and California, but I wouldn't trade anything on Honeymoon for them. It's not even just about the quality of the songs itself, this album is a true one of a kind experience. Delicate, classical, dreamy, atmospheric, both vintage and modern, diverse yet cohesive, heavenly production, perfect tracklist (by perfect, I really mean it, the sequence just feels right), an unmatched soundscape... I was watching a reaction video last weekend and gosh, it's a very special record, a lighting in the bottle that I don't think anyone, even Lana will ever be able to duplicate.

I really love the sessions as a whole, a lot of bops left in the cutting room, but the final result makes up for it. I wish some of the outtakes were released/repurposed/reworked tho. Either be it an later album or in a sequel EP, there is some real good shit that deserves just as much a proper release. I just can't wait to hear Come With Me and Paradise for the first time, hopefully this year.

the only thing i'd to is replace the useless interlude with any one or two of the outtakes.

or maybe take all of the album's sessions and split it into an album and an EP as an xmas bonus gift.

15 minutes ago, The Siren said:

the only thing i'd to is replace the useless interlude with any one or two of the outtakes.

As much as I only play it when I'm listening to the full album, I wouldn't scrap the interlude cause I think it adds so much to the flow and the experience as a whole, being a soft transition that ends side a and sets the mood for side b. I don't really think an actual song could do this job.

19 minutes ago, The Siren said:

or maybe take all of the album's sessions and split it into an album and an EP as an xmas bonus gift.

Something like this maybe (+ some UV outtakes)?

1. I Talk To Jesus

2. Fine China 

3. Say Yes To Heaven

4. Beautiful People

5. If I Die Young

6. Crazy For You

7. Paradise (2015)

8. California

9. Life is Beautiful 

10. The Good Life 

17 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

As much as I only play it when I'm listening to the full album, I wouldn't scrap the interlude cause I think it adds so much to the flow and the experience as a whole, being a soft transition that ends side a and sets the mood for side b. I don't really think an actual song could do this job.

well with my idea, the whole album would be rearranged to include every song recorded for the album (or during its sessions at least) and split somehwhere down the middle for the 5ish track EP

18 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

Something like this maybe (+ some UV outtakes)?

1. I Talk To Jesus

2. Fine China 

3. Say Yes To Heaven

4. Beautiful People

5. If I Die Young

6. Crazy For You

7. Paradise (2015)

8. California

9. Life is Beautiful 

10. The Good Life 

i would rather have the anniversary edition of Ultraviolence have those outtakes + other ones as a 2xCD reissue :nails:

ill have to arrange the tracklist in a bit based on what i know so far :nails:

I wonder if Fine China was considered for Honeymoon. With a Rick Nowels production it would fit right in

Actually, I just saw Unknown confirm in the second page that there is a STINT demo but it was intended for Ultraviolence. Now I’m curious to hear what that would sound like since Fine China is such a delicate song

perhaps something like this maybe?

album

1. Honeymoon
  2. Music to Watch Boys to
  3. High By the Beach
  4. Crazy for You
  5. Say Yes to Heaven - v5
  6. Freak
  7. Art Deco
  8. California (2015)
  9. Serene Queen
  10. Religion
  11. Salvatore
  12. Terrence Loves You
  13. God Knows I Tried
  14. If I Die Young
  15. Swan Song

ep

1. Cry Kill Die
  2. Paradise (2015)
  3. Come with Me
  4. Blackest of Days
  5. Dead to Me
  6. 24
  7. Dark City
  8. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

41 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

I wonder if Fine China was considered for Honeymoon. With a Rick Nowels production it would fit right in

Actually, I just saw Unknown confirm in the second page that there is a STINT demo but it was intended for Ultraviolence. Now I’m curious to hear what that would sound like since Fine China is such a delicate song

I think he meant songs that stint worked on and.not actually versions by him

19 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

I think he meant songs that stint worked on and.not actually versions by him

Hmm, I interpreted it as versions bc the question he answered was if stint produced anymore Honeymoon demos. Either way, a version stint worked on wouldn’t really fit on the final Honeymoon album

37 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

Hmm, I interpreted it as versions bc the question he answered was if stint produced anymore Honeymoon demos. Either way, a version stint worked on wouldn’t really fit on the final Honeymoon album

oh sure they were like early directions, I only wonder why god knows I tried was done so late, I wonder when did that switch happened from hip hop to more likethan dreamy and grand orchestra, 

I also think we have every stint produced demo, because in that post unknown mentioned also west coast and stint appears in credits of radio mix, so fine china and I can fly dont have versions produced by him, and that was never confirmed that fine china was intended for hm but I personally think it wasnt

5 hours ago, The Siren said:

ep

1. Cry Kill Die
  2. Paradise (2015)
  3. Come with Me
  4. Blackest of Days
  5. Dead to Me
  6. 24
  7. Dark City
  8. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

The demo was called The Blackest Day tho? :isee:

url%5D

10 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

oh sure they were like early directions, I only wonder why god knows I tried was done so late, I wonder when did that switch happened from hip hop to more likethan dreamy and grand orchestra, 

I also think we have every stint produced demo, because in that post unknown mentioned also west coast and stint appears in credits of radio mix, so fine china and I can fly dont have versions produced by him, and that was never confirmed that fine china was intended for hm but I personally think it wasnt

Is there a date for God Knows I Tried? It’s one of my favorites off Honeymoon and I personally don’t like the God Knows I Tried demo (the hip-hop production throws me off). I usually don’t really agree with Lana when she strips back the production (for ex. Groupie Love) but the demo would sound so out of place on the album, even right by High By the Beach, Freak, and Art Deco.

Quick edit: I just reread and God Knows I Tried was apparently made around the same time as Kill Cry Die? That makes more sense now

6 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

Is there a date for God Knows I Tried? It’s one of my favorites off Honeymoon and I personally don’t like the God Knows I Tried demo (the hip-hop production throws me off). I usually don’t really agree with Lana when she strips back the production (for ex. Groupie Love) but the demo would sound so out of place on the album, even right by High By the Beach, Freak, and Art Deco.

Quick edit: I just reread and God Knows I Tried was apparently made around the same time as Kill Cry Die? That makes more sense now

I also apprciate god knows I tried a lot and think this alongside cruel world are criminally underratd in fandom, and the demo is absoluely atrocious im so hapy she just entirly discarded stints contibution it wasnt just right specially comparable to final godlike versions

and im not sure it was made in one time with cry kill die in june 2015, its too late, god knows seems to be a hardcore hm song so my guess is no later feb 2015

1 hour ago, The Siren said:

Not to my knowledge

⬇️

On 7/17/2023 at 5:41 PM, lanaismamom said:

I believe its a made up title and the demo we have was leaked as the blackest day

But maybe one day an insider can clarify it

url%5D