Strangelove

Lana Surpasses Beyonce In Monthly Spotify Fans

3 minutes ago, American Whore said:

Not only this, but the bigger the stadium, the bigger the rent for the show. So then the tickets cost even more for the fans just to pay for the show's rent alone, along with the actual show itself. I'm sure Beyoncé has no problem making that money back but if you're doing numbers of $500k-$1m in arena tickets, the math changes in terms of who's making more for shows

Idk if it's bc I'm high but I'm not understanding a word

Wdym the rent? Like the amount they're paying the stadium for access?

1 hour ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Idk if it's bc I'm high but I'm not understanding a word

Wdym the rent? Like the amount they're paying the stadium for access?

Yeah, like Beyonce or any artist at these big arenas have to rent out the arena for a night/two nights. That's how it all works, as far as I'm aware. I know someone who works one or two of the venues in Colorado (wherever the money goes, she goes) so when shows get cancelled, they still end up having to pay for it and it becomes a huge loss. That's why a lot of artists don't want to cancel and put on a guise that it's because of the fans but in reality it's them or the label being put out of money (I'm not sure that the label does much for the tours, as much as the artist or their team does. I'm not 100% sure who exactly pays what but money exchanges hands for shows to happen at venues before shows happen. Maybe a security deposit sort of thing? Idk all of the details.)

Its the most likely reason Lana hasn't toured since - it costs less to just... not lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 minutes ago, American Whore said:

Its the most likely reason Lana hasn't toured since - it costs less to just... not lol

Lana touring is and absolutely would be profitable.. I rly doubt it's even a driving factor behind her not touring recently

This is such a pointless thread:rip: Beyonce spent a large part of her career before streaming or Spotify was really a thing so of course Lana who's career and popularity existed along side the rise of Spotify would have more monthly listeners or whatever. I mean Lana currently has more monthly listeners than Madonna.... Are you gonna try and argue that Lana is bigger than MADONNA?!?!?! Both women are legends in their own right stop trying compare them it's giving ATRL levels of weirdness. 

4 hours ago, Psycho Lifeguard said:

This is such a pointless thread:rip: Beyonce spent a large part of her career before streaming or Spotify was really a thing so of course Lana who's career and popularity existed along side the rise of Spotify would have more monthly listeners or whatever. I mean Lana currently has more monthly listeners than Madonna.... Are you gonna try and argue that Lana is bigger than MADONNA?!?!?! Both women are legends in their own right stop trying compare them it's giving ATRL levels of weirdness. 

Madonna, as iconic and legendary as she is, hasn’t had a big album hit since Music in the 2000s… 

So I’m not really surprised that Lana has more monthly listeners than her, TBH.

Not to say that Lana is more « talented » or whatever, both are excellent in their own genres, but Lana does have a quality to her music that makes you want to go back to her albums over and over again, which helps her follower’s numbers. 

7 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Madonna, as iconic and legendary as she is, hasn’t had a big album hit since Music in the 2000s… 

So I’m not really surprised that Lana has more monthly listeners than her, TBH.

Not to say that Lana is more « talented » or whatever, both are excellent in their own genres, but Lana does have a quality to her music that makes you want to go back to her albums over and over again, which helps her follower’s numbers. 

You really didn't understand my point:thumb3: 

17 hours ago, Psycho Lifeguard said:

You really didn't understand my point:thumb3: 

Maybe not :oopna2: but I thought we were pretty much saying the same thing. Maybe my wording was bad before my second coffee haha! 
kinda agree that the monthly followers aren’t a big indicator of someone’s popularity (and even less of talent), but it’s an interesting data to compare an artist with themselves. As for Lana, her fan base is growing with time and, to me, that’s what it’s about. But it’s also something that fluctuates a lot with events: I’m pretty sure she lost a Chunk of followers when she posted QFTC :omfg2: