Strangelove

Lana Surpasses Beyonce In Monthly Spotify Fans

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ctu1Eu0OfWS/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

What do you guys think of how famous Lana is becoming? The fact she has more listeners than Beyonce who has a lot of radio songs and a lot of years in the industry is very impressive. Yet she has stayed very away from mainstream music, it is really impressive. 

I don’t think it means much. While she may have more monthly listeners, I am not certain she could sell out a stadium the way Beyoncé can. Such comparisons are frivolous at best and inflammatory at worst. Though, I digress from my belief, in that the statistics are interesting. 

I just hope Lana’s cashing those checks and buying herself pretty things. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Makes me happy, Lana deserves it.

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

this is huge and we should be happy for her!! lana isn't even on social media anymore and she's not moving an inch to promote her work

we all know beyoncé is a queen and a force since her overall numbers are bigger than the spotify streams, we shouldn't compare both because they're completely different from each other but this is proof lana's art and legacy is long lasting and will only be appreciated more and more as time goes by. 10 years ago no one would ever think this is possible

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

9 hours ago, Mer said:

I don’t think it means much. While she may have more monthly listeners, I am not certain she could sell out a stadium the way Beyoncé can. Such comparisons are frivolous at best and inflammatory at worst. Though, I digress from my belief, in that the statistics are interesting. 

I just hope Lana’s cashing those checks and buying herself pretty things. 

Not to say you're wrong, but at the end of the day Beyoncé selling out stadiums doesn't really mean anything when compared to Lana. Lana has a lot of really young fans who can't afford a a concert/festival ticket. 

Selling out a stadium in a single hour in Mexico though... that's why they call her Lanita. Well planned, Lana could easily do some kind of short stadium tour. Like 8 dates in Europe, 4-5 in the US, 2-3 in Latin America, 1 in Australia and call it a day.

Lana seems to be making so many streaming records and personal track/album records over the last few months, especially since SYTH. It's like everyone is diving deep into her music again (and some maybe for the first time). This is right after an album release that is half slept on. She doesn't even need to keep us hooked on every song anymore. 

Also, I think she reaches further and wider than Beyonce. It's a different type of fan base with significantly different demographics (that's not to say they don't overlap at all), so a straight up comparison isn't saying what's really happening. But I still think this is an amazing achievement. 

16 hours ago, BartenderDeco said:

She also gets like 9M more daily streams than her

let's not forget lana released a whole new album and a new single in 2023 while beyoncé's last release is renaissance that was already almost a year ago, aside from some remixes. it's only natural that lana gets more daily streams when she has a whole new record out lol 

Apparently these posts are not sarcasm? Wow! I am not sure where other users are located but in the United States at least Beyoncé is wildly recognizable just from a few songs such as Single Ladies and Halo. She also has been in the music industry much longer. You still can hear a Beyonce song on the radio. The fact Lana is outdoing her fan wise is extremely impressive and not some random fact.

21 minutes ago, kuntsugi said:

let's not forget lana released a whole new album and a new single in 2023 while beyoncé's last release is renaissance that was already almost a year ago, aside from some remixes. it's only natural that lana gets more daily streams when she has a whole new record out lol 

You have a point, but Lana's big streamer (about double the figures of her next record) is over a decade old. I agree with some of the other posts here - it's like Lana's life is some sort of ironic fairytale where everything she does to give herself privacy and lower her profile, ends up making her more popular and well known.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

9 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

Not to say you're wrong, but at the end of the day Beyoncé selling out stadiums doesn't really mean anything when compared to Lana. Lana has a lot of really young fans who can't afford a a concert/festival ticket. 

Selling out a stadium in a single hour in Mexico though... that's why they call her Lanita. Well planned, Lana could easily do some kind of short stadium tour. Like 8 dates in Europe, 4-5 in the US, 2-3 in Latin America, 1 in Australia and call it a day.

Not only this, but the bigger the stadium, the bigger the rent for the show. So then the tickets cost even more for the fans just to pay for the show's rent alone, along with the actual show itself. I'm sure Beyoncé has no problem making that money back but if you're doing numbers of $500k-$1m in arena tickets, the math changes in terms of who's making more for shows

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole