Embach

Lana's Songs That You Have Misinterpreted

We can use that thread for music videos too!

In this scene:

giphy.webp

When I watched this music video for the first time, I thought she was wearing a leather jacket and a light teal tulle/tutu skirt and she was leaning against a piano. :crossed:

After few rewatches, I was shocked when I found out that she was wearing that same black dress and she was sitting on the condructor's step/staircase/stage...:crossed:

url%5D

8 hours ago, DrunkBeautyQueen said:

"I am a dragon, you're a whore' It took me until this month to realize that dragons only ate virgins, so the line is just Lana saying this person has no use to her. 

It took me until reading this to realise :toofloppy:

She's a genius wtf?

when i first saw the title "gramma (blue ribbon sparkler trailer heaven)" i thought it was probably about grammar and not her grandmother :toofunny:

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

8 hours ago, DrunkBeautyQueen said:

"I am a dragon, you're a whore' It took me until this month to realize that dragons only ate virgins, so the line is just Lana saying this person has no use to her. 

49tA0gF.gif i have no words... that is so smart

x14CtFn.gif  89cxvIN.gif  BolwSzs.gif

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e

i don't want to label these as "misinterpretations" but this thread is so fascinating and wild, i wait patiently and happily for @DeadAgainst's next contribution

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e

6 hours ago, Embach said:

We can use that thread for music videos too!

In this scene:

giphy.webp

When I watched this music video for the first time, I thought she was wearing a leather jacket and a light teal tulle/tutu skirt and she was leaning against a piano. :crossed:

After few rewatches, I was shocked when I found out that she was wearing that same black dress and she was sitting on the condructor's step/staircase/stage...:crossed:

I dont/even ever know that was Lana ha

I used to think (I still kinda think) that California was partially about suicide because of the line: "I shouldn't have done it, but I read it in your letter". Because of the word letter, I thought she was reading a suicide note. I've read that some people have thought that too. Still the song is sad. 

url%5D

32 minutes ago, Embach said:

I used to think (I still kinda think) that California was partially about suicide because of the line: "I shouldn't have done it, but I read it in your letter". Because of the word letter, I thought she was reading a suicide note. I've read that some people have thought that too. Still the song is sad. 

Yeah, even if it's not about that (I never knew about that theory), California is a goddamn sad song. Actually Norman has multiple deeply sad moments expressed in a rather calm yet highly emotive way.

oh say can you see very obviously describes the nighttime, but it's such a daytime song to me, the demo of oh say can you see, however, makes me think of the nighttime :true: 

On 7/6/2023 at 5:52 PM, Divisive Princess said:

This is still one of the most genius things I have ever read in my life

url%5D

I’ll always disagree with some of the lyrical analyses of fcked because it goes more with the narrative that Lana stated about lorde(there was no other woman it could have been) and the media attacking her.

to me that line about dragons is lorde making a judgement on Lanas lyricism and saying her music is unnecessary + this also links in with Lanas culture essay….a decade later 

Lorde- “I’m a dragon you’re a whore”

Lana- “mimicking mes a fucking bore”

when i was younger, i didn't know that old money was an actual term that meant something, so i thought that "old money" literally referred to money, like dollar bills, that are old, it still would've worked for lana's aesthetic honestly :oic3:

31 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

when i was younger, i didn't know that old money was an actual term that meant something, so i thought that "old money" literally referred to money, like dollar bills, that are old, it still would've worked for lana's aesthetic honestly :oic3:

Same lol, I literally imagined the same thing in my head 💀

url%5D