Embach

Lana's Songs That You Have Misinterpreted

Legend @Mash Tragic's status update inspired me to do a thread for this.

What are the Lana's songs that you have misinterpreted?

(If there's a thread similar to this, please merge!)

url%5D

i also slightly misinterpreted gramma, when she says "gramma said she'll leave the lights on for me" i thought she meant that she'll leave the lights on for her because she's afraid of the dark, instead of her grandma leaving the lights on in the house because she's coming home late

WGe8ynS.gif

In Wait for Life, I like to think she says "...wait for life to end"

We don't have the official lyrics (I think?) and some people hear different things, but to me that's the best one lol

4 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

In Wait for Life, I like to think she says "...wait for life to end"

We don't have the official lyrics (I think?) and some people hear different things, but to me that's the best one lol

That's actually what she says though  :thumb3:

1 minute ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

That's actually what she says though  :thumb3:

:w8ing:

Just now, Americen Whore said:

I thought this fingertips line was about SA not suicide attempt ( when I was 15 naked next door neighbor did a drive by pulled me up by my waist long hair )

I thought the same when I first heard it and I actually cried like a baby and I was like NO LANA. Then I read it's about suicide and, of course it's dark and depressing, but still not as shocking as the SA theory

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

i also slightly misinterpreted gramma, when she says "gramma said she'll leave the lights on for me" i thought she meant that she'll leave the lights on for her because she's afraid of the dark, instead of her grandma leaving the lights on in the house because she's coming home late

no wait you're a genius :pout:

Mine is Carmen: "Cause her liquor's top shelf"

Top shelf is a liquor brand. It's also north american slang for "good quality." But I alwyas interpreted this line as being about her parents putting the liquor on the highest shelf so she wouldn't be able to reach it, and this line always evoked an image of a precocious little girl on her tippy toes reaching for a bottle of her dad's whiskey

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

When I first listened to Thunder, I thought when she said "Just do it, don't wait," she meant that she wanted the person to just come in and crash her life like thunder, mess everything up, and get it over with. But apparently she meant to just leave her already. i took it as the literal opposite :toofunny:

16 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

I thought this fingertips line was about SA not suicide attempt ( when I was 15 naked next door neighbor did a drive by pulled me up by my waist long hair )

i think A&W influenced me to think this way about fingertips too

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

This would've been the perfect thread for the came in May and color me blue posts

imageproxy.jpg

20 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

i'm still convinced that it's about SA

anyways 

oop 

@Embach gurl you even commented on it already

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

54 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

Is someone able to explain (in a spoiler maybe for others tw) how this is about suicide? It's going straight past me

36 minutes ago, genghis khan said:

i'm still convinced that it's about SA

anyways 

oop 

@Embach gurl you even commented on it already

i think misheard + misinterpretation can be merged even tho they're 2 diff things

2 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Can someone explain to me (in a spoiler maybe for others tw) how this is about suicide?

in the following line, she says "long hair to the beachside, i wanted to go out like you, swim with the fishes..."
so basically,

Spoiler

lana tried to drown herself in the ocean, and she was naked when she went in, but her neighbors did a "drive-by" and saved her from the attempt

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

1 minute ago, Ultra Violet said:

Is someone able to explain (in a spoiler maybe for others tw) how this is about suicide? It's going straight past me

The line after is "I wanted to go out like you, swim with the fishes" insinuating she tried to drown herself but perhaps her neighbors saw and saved her by pulling her out 

By "go out like you" she's referring to the way her uncle Dave passed (suicide)

6 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

in the following line, she says "long hair to the beachside, i wanted to go out like you, swim with the fishes..."
so basically,

Hide contents

lana tried to drown herself in the ocean, and she was naked when she went in, but her neighbors did a "drive-by" and saved her from the attempt

Thank you! 

Spoiler

I though the next line was what happened next, not explaining the previous line more! 

4 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

Okay, is Lana actually saying “If you want the butt stuff then say so” in Bad Boy? 

she’s saying “if you want the butter…” in reference to the previous line which is “throw me round like a hot potato”