lanasweetlikecinnamon

[POLL] Year You Became a Fan?

LANA'S FANS  

167 members have voted

1. 1. You follow Lana since?

4 minutes ago, Lanaspoisonivy said:

imagine being able to say I have been following Lana since she was Lizzy Grant the lounge singer. :thirst:

2 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

It would’ve been so cool to see those early bar shows 

That's the biggest flex you can ever fucking have :illumilana:

url%5D

I became a fan in spring 2015. My mom was cleaning & had the radio on & they played Summertime Sadness on the radio. I heard the song & my 14 year old self was enchanted by her voice, immiadetly went to Youtube & I listened to a couple of songs & this is how it started:trisha: I'm super grateful I became a fan just in time for Honeymoon era bc Honeymoon became my favourite album of hers  & I experienced that era even though it feels like it was like thousands years ago lol

Still remember the day she uploaded HM title track on Youtube,  I knew I had to stan her forever 

:wowcry: Also it's crazy to me that UV wasn't even a year old back then :trisha:& how many of you became fans in 2011 & 2012 (& maybe some even prior then 2011) & experienced everything , you are the true OG's :oprah:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

In 2011 I was a sad tumblr girl who read Lolita and Sylvia Plath. Some of the girls I followed made 8tracks playlists and they included Lana. Trash Magic, Put Me in a Movie, Mermaid Motel and This is What Makes Us Girls demo are the first songs I remember hearing, then I hunted down every released and unreleased song I could find and waited for Born to Die to drop.

Buuuuut I must admit, something happened inbetween honeymoon and NFR (I was too wrapped up in my party girl life I think lol).. so I missed the entirety of the LFL rollout.. I actually didn’t hear LFL until AFTER NFR

edit; not me being totally off with my timings lol!! I was actually wrapped up in my own honeymoon phase lol.. started dating my man in 2016 and getting married in 2017, I was apparently too happy to keep up with Lana :um3:

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

Even though I've been a fan since 2019, it was at this time that I began to mature intellectually and physically, and I can't convey how much Lana shaped me. I've met so many lovely people and learned so much about topics (such as audio:hooker:) that I never thought I'd be interested in in 2018. Not to mention things like my English.

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

9 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Does any else miss when they were a brand new fan and still had new songs to discover? Like I’ll never forget hearing Shades Of Cool for the first time. I miss when I thought Born To Die was the best album ever lmao

OMG. I remember clicking "play" on Spotify's Lana Del Rey Complete playlist, lying on my bed, and adding every song that started playing to my playlist because they were so great and I was discovering them. I remember hearing High by the Beach and West Coast for the first time this way. Even though it was four years ago, I got a little sentimental.

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

My love for Lana didn’t start with a « love at first sight » kinda feeling. The summer Video Games came out, I wasn’t enthralled by it. I loved the aesthetics of the homemade MV but that’s pretty much it. When BTD LP was released, the whole SNL debacle had me wondering if it was another case of manufactured female singers, incapable of singing live, so I didn’t give the album a chance. The summer following BTD, I started dating this guy who I thought we had it going on, only for our summer fling to cool off considerably with fall. A couple of months later, I bumped into the guy again and realized I still had feelings for him, so I tried to « give the thing another try » and asked him out on a date. While I was waiting for him, Blue Jeans came on the playlist and it clicked. That was just before she was about to release Paradise. I then gave BTD a chance and loved many songs from it. I then began looking up for songs from her on YouTube. Little did I know that many of them were leaks. 
i wasn’t a die hard fan until she released Tropico, just before UV. Then began my obsession with her.