lanasweetlikecinnamon

[POLL] Year You Became a Fan?

LANA'S FANS  

167 members have voted

1. 1. You follow Lana since?

15 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

i find it so weird that hundreds of millions of people are younger than born to die… but i also find it so crazy that people have been following her since born to die. i would’ve been wayyy to young

That made me feel old, I remember being in the cinema when a promo for Born To Die came on and the whole theatre was filled with the start of Born To Die and then it switched to Video Games and my friend went “urgh have you heard of this girl? Sounds so depressing” and I was just sat there like 

Screen_Shot_2019-09-09_at_10.12.43_AM.jp

then I had to WAIT for the album to come out…there was BTD promo everywhere, on buses and all sorts and BTD (the song) was on the radio all the time:krylie:

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

to think 11/12 year olds are soon gonna begin to stan this woman and they werent even born when btd was released…

i feel sick and old

there was a kid at the Hyde Park show who couldn’t have been any older than 12, I was like :lange:

giphy.gif

I’m curious to know what in Lana’s music that is appealing to kids that are about 10-12 years old, her lyrics and sound are far from what I liked when I was 10. I don’t think I’d even understand everything she’s singing about.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

17 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I’m curious to know what in Lana’s music that is appealing to kids that are about 10-12 years old, her lyrics and sound are far from what I liked when I was 10. I don’t think I’d even understand everything she’s singing about.

I'm now adult but I discovered Video Games when I wasn't even 10 yet (in 2011). I listened to a lot of radio and music channels and when Video Games played on TV, I just stopped whatever I was doing and my eyes were glued to TV and Video Games. There were 3 reasons why I was appealed to Lana and Video Games:

• I loved her low voice, I found it very unique when other songs on the radio or music channels were just screeching. Her voice felt very hypnotizing.

• I loved the music video and the aesthetics, at that time I was really fascinated in vintage Disney Princess cartoons (Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White), I watched these movies all the time, so every time I saw those vintage clips in Video Games, it was appealing and very reminiscent of those Disney movies. Again, it looked very unique for me.

• I also listened to a lot of classical music because of the Disney movies, so when I heard the slow, dreamy, dramatic orchestra in Video Games, it reminded me of that classical music and also it was very different from the EDM mainstream music which was very popular then. So all the combination was so unique for me.

I may have been a weird kid but Video Games had all the elements I was drawn to.

url%5D

1 hour ago, Embach said:

I'm now adult but I discovered Video Games when I wasn't even 10 yet (in 2011). I listened to a lot of radio and music channels and when Video Games played on TV, I just stopped whatever I was doing and my eyes were glued to TV and Video Games. There were 3 reasons why I was appealed to Lana and Video Games:

• I loved her low voice, I found it very unique when other songs on the radio or music channels were just screeching. Her voice felt very hypnotizing.

• I loved the music video and the aesthetics, at that time I was really fascinated in vintage Disney Princess cartoons (Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White), I watched these movies all the time, so every time I saw those vintage clips in Video Games, it was appealing and very reminiscent of those Disney movies. Again, it looked very unique for me.

• I also listened to a lot of classical music because of the Disney movies, so when I heard the slow, dreamy, dramatic orchestra in Video Games, it reminded me of that classical music and also it was very different from the EDM mainstream music which was very popular then. So all the combination was so unique for me.

I may have been a weird kid but Video Games had all the elements I was drawn to.

That makes sense, I think! I guess I was just thinking of her more recent songs, but aesthetics and the more pop sound she had with BTD can still interest new fans. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

The 2011 people deserve a badge of honor fr. 
I remember back in the day an instagram account said they got into Lana because their dad used to see her sing in NYC open mics and talked about her all the time.

my mind was BLOWN. :gasp:

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ 𝑤𝚑𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝚑𝑜𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

4f630a5930678baafabe4bcd583b9d1f.jpg

I was 13 when I got into her in 2011 not because of her music but of how beautiful she looked, then everyone started crushing over Bradley Soileau in the BTD mv and I got obsessed and never looked back. Then there was this huge thing called ACTA that was supposed to stop all the music piracy (yeah right) and I got scared and instantly started looking for her songs to download and I found out that her debut album leaked and I downloaded it and also found a bunch of unreleased music (I didn’t know English at that time and I literally thought “unreleased” was her other’s album name lmfao). I even made a Facebook page where I was shitposting pictures of her that I liked which later turned into her official polish fanclub :crai: this whole thing later gave me so many friendships and opportunities that aren’t even related to her it’s crazy, stanning her literally shaped my adult life so much 

i think i said it before but before i got into lana i had 2  interactions with her work

once the mv for born to die was broadcast at a TV channel that was all about music videos.  I thought she was a spanish 30 something singer... i enjoyed but nothing that had an intense impact on me

second time Blue jeans mv was playing in another tv channel and i got really scared wih the images of her swimming with the crocs lol i was 12 ??

those memories where enough for me to remember her name and voice that i even told my brother she was the singer of i follow rivers ☠️

But it was only in 2013 that i attached to lana. Ride was part of the soundtrack of a novela and i got so moved with the song. The novela came to an end and i ended up letting go... but one afternoon after watching a few steamy male videos online :brows: i remembered the song and searched it on youtube... the rest is history💗

Im pretty sure 75% of the brazilian fanbase of lana around 2012-2014 was formed bc of ride playing at that novela and summertime sadness remix

As time passes it is weird to think I've been keeping up with her for over a decade. I mean there was a point in time she hadn't even released Ultraviolence and everyone was pretty much thinking, "she's over, there's not going to be a second album."

5 hours ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I was 13 when I first heard Video Games and what drew me in was the sound idk why, my english wasn't the best yet but I searched the lyrics and saw the video and  was so obsessed. I loved the melody 

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

11 hours ago, Beautiful Loser said:

i was 11 when btd came out and my parents would play it in the car on repeat (my dad liked video games on the radio so my mum bought him the cd for his birthday) and remember hating it because my parents liked it

i started to like her music but not lyrically as i was far too young to think much of it. it wasnt until i was 12 in early 2013 when i began to really enjoy lana and fully become a fan. before then my favourite cd’s were teenage dream and the fame by gaga. that was what i liked when i was 10 and didnt ‘get’ lana until i was a few years older

i think it’s changed alot with tiktok and younger kids having access to social media. when i was young i only had an ipod touch with shit like fruit ninja on. instagram wasnt even a thing and all we had was facebook

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Around 2020, which is funny because that was "a bAd yEar" scandal-wise. Either that, or late 2019, after hearing NFR. I may have listened to West Coast, alllll the way back when it was put on YouTube trending, 2014 :defeated:. I was too young to understand what the hell was going on though, haha.