Sign in to follow this  
ethelcain

Actress and singer Jane Birkin dies in Paris at age 76

She was an icon. 🥀

I reckon that this the most romantic, most sensual and sexiest song ever put out:

She was a known humanitarian and she legit had a hand in curating the most sought after luxury bag, she's legendary.

This is so crazy to me. She was such a huge style icon, literally the muse of so many musicians, film makers, and fashion designers… kills me that not many people even know the birkin bag was named for her. She was a huge inspiration for me and always will be 

I can't really process the fact that she's no longer here :(

I remember when I was a teen, trying to find my own style and I came across Jeanne Damas blog and started following her on insta. I found out she's heavily inspired by Jane's style and I became so enamoured with it. She influenced me so much stylewise, the ''effortless parisian chic'' is deeply buried in my psyche and even to this day is a big part of how I molded my personal style and how I discovered a world of films and fashion. RIP Jane :xcry:

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

One of the first famous people deaths, where the person I admired more than just knew because they were famous yk? So devastated been thinking about it all day :crying4:

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

A legend and a musical wonder. The world will be poorer for losing her.

Fans of the Honeymoon album should check out her work with Serge Gainsbourg on 'Histoire de Melody Nelson' - the quietest and most beautiful orchestral pop album of the 70s.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png