loveyoumadly

Grammy 2024 campaign

Hi all, 

I was thinking, with ALL the promo that's been going on since OB was released, I'm pretty sure it's a Grammy campaign ! What do you think will be nominated ? A&W for SOTY ? Candy Necklace or SOTB for best duo ? OB for AOTY ? I wanna know what you think ! 

Maybe it'll be fun to recap all the promo / releases / marketing that happened and make predictions ! 

We do this every year and every year she doesn't win because the Grammys are a rigged institution which is skewed towards rewarding predominantly white men who capitalise on other people's talent

A prime example of this is Jack Antonoff who basically won a Grammy because of all the talented women he works with

Yet some of those talented women themselves have not won Grammys

And this is why the Grammys deserves to be stabbed in its face and die and never be spoken about again

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Fuck, and I cannot emphasize that enough, the Grammy’s. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

18 hours ago, loveyoumadly said:

Hi all, 

I was thinking, with ALL the promo that's been going on since OB was released, I'm pretty sure it's a Grammy campaign ! What do you think will be nominated ? A&W for SOTY ? Candy Necklace or SOTB for best duo ? OB for AOTY ? I wanna know what you think ! 

Maybe it'll be fun to recap all the promo / releases / marketing that happened and make predictions ! 

AW didn't really chart much and it's a song about whoring. I don't think the Grammy's will go near it. They reward safe choices like Taylor Swift's music.

If they campaign for best alternative album, they'll probably get a nomination. But the award will go to someone else who makes more money.

The Grammy's are a business reward. It's not about the music. So, I don't think Lana will ever get anything. Not until she starts shaking her ass and showing her tits and starts making music like "Bejeweled" or "Wrecking Ball." Sorry babe but this dream is a no-go

24 minutes ago, barttttender said:

AW didn't really chart much and it's a song about whoring. I don't think the Grammy's will go near it. They reward safe choices like Taylor Swift's music.

If they campaign for best alternative album, they'll probably get a nomination. But the award will go to someone else who makes more money.

The Grammy's are a business reward. It's not about the music. So, I don't think Lana will ever get anything. Not until she starts shaking her ass and showing her tits and starts making music like "Bejeweled" or "Wrecking Ball." Sorry babe but this dream is a no-go

44 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

We do this every year and every year she doesn't win because the Grammys are a rigged institution which is skewed towards rewarding predominantly white men who capitalise on other people's talent

A prime example of this is Jack Antonoff who basically won a Grammy because of all the talented women he works with

Yet some of those talented women themselves have not won Grammys

And this is why the Grammys deserves to be stabbed in its face and die and never spoke about again

I totally agree with both of you tbh BUT she's never been as much mainstream as she is now that's why I'm thinking she's def getting nominated and perhaps win, also I don"t think they're companying for best alternative but for AOTY, I mean she did get nominated for NFR and OB was as well received by critics and touched more public, it's more popular

3 minutes ago, loveyoumadly said:

I mean she did get nominated for NFR and OB was as well received by critics and touched more public, it's more popular

OB is NOWHERE near as popular or well received as NFR, but i still think she could get nominated

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

Just now, Break Me Down said:

OB is NOWHERE near as popular or well received as NFR, but i still think she could get nominated

ya'll what ? since OB -and let's face it SYTH- was released she's one of most streamed female artist in the world on Spotify. In July she was second most streamed female artist and 9th overall. She has more monthly listeners than Beyoncé (53 millions for Lana and 52 for Bey). OB got amazing reviews (8.3 on pitchfork, 80 on Meta...) she truly is in her mainstream era, like it or not. I can see the change here in Europe, my friend group, social circle, they're all starting to listen to her music, she's appearing in big media here in France... I remember clearly the NFR era and it was nowhere near as mainstream. 

13 minutes ago, loveyoumadly said:

I totally agree with both of you tbh BUT she's never been as much mainstream as she is now that's why I'm thinking she's def getting nominated and perhaps win, also I don"t think they're companying for best alternative but for AOTY, I mean she did get nominated for NFR and OB was as well received by critics and touched more public, it's more popular

In a way I don't want her to be nominated because I remember her face when she didn't win for NFR and she looked upset and then I felt upset and it was horrible

She is better than the Grammys

1 minute ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

In a way I don't want her to be nominated because I remember her face when she didn't win for NFR and she looked upset and then I felt upset and it was horrible

She is better than the Grammys

I mean yeah but it's the same of every artist tho... I think she knows she's better than this institution and the point is not to win a grammy just for the flex but it could truly do wonders to her career and legacy

1 minute ago, loveyoumadly said:

I mean yeah but it's the same of every artist tho... I think she knows she's better than this institution and the point is not to win a grammy just for the flex but it could truly do wonders to her career and legacy

She needs to do a Fiona Apple and just not show up if she's nominated

It's what they all deserve

6 minutes ago, loveyoumadly said:

ya'll what ? since OB -and let's face it SYTH- was released she's one of most streamed female artist in the world on Spotify. In July she was second most streamed female artist and 9th overall. She has more monthly listeners than Beyoncé (53 millions for Lana and 52 for Bey). OB got amazing reviews (8.3 on pitchfork, 80 on Meta...) she truly is in her mainstream era, like it or not. I can see the change here in Europe, my friend group, social circle, they're all starting to listen to her music, she's appearing in big media here in France... I remember clearly the NFR era and it was nowhere near as mainstream. 

well shes definitely way more popular now than she was during the NFR era, but if you were to ask the gp to pick between OB and NFR they'd pick NFR in a split second, but OB does have a higher user score so i could be wrong

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

Can SYTH be nominated, even if it was available on the internet as a leaked version for 7 years?

Also, they fuck should nom her in the alt categories, fuck pop.

I also think that she might win her first Grammy, whether it be Best Duo for Snow or ROTY/SOTY/AOTY for A&W or Ocean Blvd. Or even best long-form MV for Candy Necklace, did the long-form MV exist? Like they opened it since Taylor came out with the 10 Min All Too Well movie. Also if Taylor submits Midnights for AOTY, I hope it's the mega long version because there is Lana twice (Snow OG and Snow More Lana) as a vocalist and songwriter so then the percentages are higher for her to be nominated too, same with Jon Batiste new album? Like with The Weeknd's album.

url%5D

2 hours ago, loveyoumadly said:

Lana is not mainstream now more than she was when she made Born to Die. She was also more mainstream during Lust for Life when she dropped a song with the Weekend, who's massive. They screwed her over both times. She also had best-album-of-the-year with NFR, and they screwed her over again. 

She's just not a cash cow for them and she doesn't do brown-nosing around the industry and suck dick. Therefore, it'll never happen. Maybe if she had a single or two on the Billboard 100 and proved her commercial success more.

Also, no one cares about the Grammy's except the Grammy's themselves and people who have money riding on it. Literally, fuck the Grammy's.

17 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Lana is not mainstream now more than she was when she made Born to Die. She was also more mainstream during Lust for Life when she dropped a song with the Weekend, who's massive. They screwed her over both times. She also had best-album-of-the-year with NFR, and they screwed her over again. 

She's just not a cash cow for them and she doesn't do brown-nosing around the industry and suck dick. Therefore, it'll never happen. Maybe if she had a single or two on the Billboard 100 and proved her commercial success more.

Also, no one cares about the Grammy's except the Grammy's themselves and people who have money riding on it. Literally, fuck the Grammy's.

It took Summertime Sadness 10 Years to hit 500 millions stream and then 1 year to double that and hit 1 Billion. I'm sorry but that's delulu to say she's not more mainstream than she was when she dropped BTD. Also LFL was a commercial flop 

At this point, Grammy noms are really not that important and like all major award ceremonies, it is a question of politics and campaigning. 

The only Grammy that would matter would be lifetime achievement award, somewhere down the line, in a decade or more. 

That being said, A&W has been a critic sweetheart since day one and it has a chance of a nom for SOTY (won’t win, but a nomination, for her, is a win at this point). Candy Necklace has very littleJon Batiste and I don’t know how it could fit into Best Duo / collab nom. Unless her  new collab for his album is more “equal”… Snow on the Beach could have a chance, especially since it’s a Taylor and Jack track and they redid it to feature Lana even more.

36 minutes ago, loveyoumadly said:

It took Summertime Sadness 10 Years to hit 500 millions stream and then 1 year to double that and hit 1 Billion. I'm sorry but that's delulu to say she's not more mainstream than she was when she dropped BTD. Also LFL was a commercial flop 

It was her last no.1 album in the US and it had also 2 singles which charted in the US too which is a rare case for her. Only because these two songs were brilliantly promoted

url%5D

1 minute ago, Embach said:

It was her last no.1 album in the US and it had also 2 singles which charted in the US too which is a rare case for her. Only because these two songs were brilliantly promoted

And also because the music industry worked very differently more than 10 years ago lol, It doesn't really mean anything now to have a n1 album, album sales are dead and gone tbh, what matters most is streams and she never had this much streams in her entire career

This time she deserves at least a nomination, not only because of the quality of the album (as if that plays a big role at the Grammys :deadbanana:), but also because she has done everything possible to raise her profile (collab with Taylor and big festival tour), she is higher on Spotify than ever and has one of the best selling albums in the US this year. Maybe her collabs with Jon Batiste and FJM will help, too.

6 hours ago, loveyoumadly said:

wasn't lfl #1 on Billboard? And got nominated for best vocal pop album. A "flop" that spawned some of her biggest hits in Love and Lust for Life. Also, do you have to be a skank and call me "team delulu" when I'm taking time out of my life to respond to your thread?

if you only want to hear yourself, go talk to a mirror, not a forum.

5 hours ago, Good Intentions said:

This time she deserves at least a nomination, not only because of the quality of the album (as if that plays a big role at the Grammys :deadbanana:), but also because she has done everything possible to raise her profile (collab with Taylor and big festival tour), she is higher on Spotify than ever and has one of the best selling albums in the US this year. Maybe her collabs with Jon Batiste and FJM will help, too.

Those collabs definitely help.

the problem is they put her down as pop so she's gonna go against the likes of miley and taylor and other big sellers