bluevelvetcola

Songs that Capture the Essence of Each Colour

If you were to create playlists based on each colour and their respective symbolism, which songs would you use?

For example, I'd put Jealous Guy by John Lennon in my green playlist. It's got a beautiful serene sound and deals with themes of envy.

brooklyn baby - powder blue

shades of cool - navy blue 

every man gets his wish - baby pink

off to the races - scarlet red

carmen - crimson red 

freak - tangerine orange

high by the beach - lavender 

norman fucking rockwell - burnt sienna  

nectar of the gods - golden yellow 

chemtrails over the country club - peach orange

cherry - maroon

st tropez - fuchsia

fuck it i love you - lime green

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

green: celtic spirit, new age, folk

blue: chillout, electronic

red: love/romantic songs

pink: bubblegum pop

violet: melancholic songs

black: funeral music

yellow/orange: summer songs

brown: autumn songs, folk

white: instrumental music, winter songs

maroon for i dont smoke by mitski

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

i see this as an excellent excuse to show off my entire playlist

tar black songs: she's gone, nice for what, peppers, so it goes, king of my heart, cowboy like me, daddy issues (there's a lana version 🛐), cherry, is there somewhere, own me, dark paradise, the blackest day, wow (post malone)

purple sparkly glittery songs: tumblr girls, better than revenge, story of us, sparks fly, daydreaming (harry styles), false god, heaven and back, get him back (and ever olivia rodrigo song ever), wonderland

les chansons bleux 😭pour pleurer: saturn (sza), 99 nights, now or never, she (harry styles), keep driving, blue banisters, grandfather pls stand on the shoulders... textbook, violets for roses, video games, blue jeans, good for you (selena gomez), my tears ricochet

stormy blue: hurricane (halsey), ever since new york, afterglow, renegade (taylor swift), tis the damn season, god save our young blood (underrated song), freak (lana del rey), lust for life, when the world was at war... mariners apartment complex, this love, tolerate it

golden: daylight (taylor swift not the david guy 😭), gold rush (self explanatory, use brain 💖), call it what u want, national anthem, the lucky one, the very first night, fearless, honey (halsey, not to be confused with the millions of songs called honey), gods and monsters, happiness is a butterfly, today was a fairytale

neon songs: fluorescent adolescent , new romantics, st tropez party girl, go go dancer, lady killers (goofy song), gasoline (haim sisters), lights up, woman (harry styles)(extremely goofy song), this is what makes us girls, video games, island in the sun, bunny holly, playing dangerous

silver/grey/gray: money power gloryy, american, chemtrails over the country club, i wanna get better, haunting (halsey), young god, paris texas, love (lana del rey), softcore, the beach

red: consume, forever and always, serial killer, fck it i love you, music to watch boys to, passionfruit, grapejuice, babe (taylor), mirrorball

bubblegum pink: paper rings, cherry (harry styles), paris (lana del rey) paris (taylor swift), love on the brain, sweeter than fiction

turquoise green: little freak, kiwi, cinema, cinnamon girl

really made a whole paragraph out of this that no one's going to ever read😂...mostly for my own amusement. Wish i spent this much effort on other things in life 😂

Can't believe I forgot about red 😒