Sign in to follow this  
♥Love♥Lana♥Like♥Life

Fight 4 Lana Campaign: What do VIP's think about LANA DEL REY?

Hello, friends and Lana lovers,

I decided to start a new campaign for our

amazing Lizzy/Lana.

I'm looking forward to your feedback! :eek:

Here's the official text:

For a long time Lana Del Rey has been the target of vicious critics and haters.

Whether it's Lana's songs, Lana's performances or Lana's authenticity,

those people do everthing to rain on Lana's parade!

Although Lana remains strong and keeps doing her thing,

the harsh and unjustified criticism affected Lana!

♥Love♥Lana♥Like♥Life♥ can't possibly

just stand by and let it happen!

"What do VIP's think about LANA DEL REY?"

Join my campaign and make up your mind!

And most importantly let Lana inspire you! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKLu8WUlfxs

http://www.youtube.com/user/lovelanalikelife ♥Music For Lana&Lana's Fans♥

I really applaud your dedication as a fan, but I think you are exaggerating with the alleged "vicious critics and haters." Every artist faces that, it is part of the fame game, let alone the simple act of reception and processing of media content. That's why she's mainly avoiding the US now.

Also, I don't see why a couple of celebrities verbally endorsing her would increase her self-esteem. She does reference celebrity culture and partially enjoys being a part of it, but I don't see her as someone looking for validation and approval from celebrities.

Also, I don't see why a couple of celebrities verbally endorsing her would increase her self-esteem. She does reference celebrity culture and partially enjoys being a part of it, but I don't see her as someone looking for validation and approval from celebrities.

She seems like the type of person who literally craves validiation from anyone though.

She seems like the type of person who literally craves validiation from anyone though.

Maybe, but she certainly strives for something more profound and meaningful other than for superficiality.

Maybe, but she certainly strives for something more profound and meaningful other than for superficiality.

I'd like to think so (everyone should strive for that), but you never really know when it comes to her. As long as people support and are positive in regards to her & the work she puts out, it doesnt really seem to matter if its only based on superficiality or not.

Guest GhettoDrugStarHooker

He likes Lana's looks but does he like her.. :what:

And the prize of Lana fan of the year goes to @lovelanalikelife!!! The campaign is interesting since would be fun to know what they think about her. But the part of "vicious attacks" in my opinion is just a bit too much IOl...she is a singer who did a makeover in her style and got some critics babbling about that not much more I guess. About her music is just not for everyone like any other pop artist/music. If the critic was more extreme than most ? Maybe but in a way I think she actually used and manipulated the turmoil.

glgcDdT.gif

Problem is.. everyone has an opinion. And Lana Del Rey is not everyone's cup of tea. We can't do anything about it. Shes recognsied the the critics who slated her work in the BTD era, and she contacted them and ordered apologies. However, all we can do is as FANS is support her, and not dig too deep into what other critics/celebrities etc think of her. She has a wide fan-base of celebrity fans such as Jonah Hill, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga. I think us just being fans, is good enough for her.

Lana definitely doesn't receive as much criticism as she use to. Last January there were tons of articles accusing her of being manufactured. I think a lot of that has stopped, and a lot of people who thought of her as fake in the beginning, have changed their opinions. I know my friends (most) hate Lana. And most have only heard one song by her and barely know anything about her.

VyIsfwC.jpg

Nice fandom, but this would have made a bit more sense a year ago, not so much now.

Thanks!:) I can only partly agree with you!

You have a point when you say 1 year ago it was the critics peak...

however it's never too late to show your support,

is it?

Nice fandom, but this would have made a bit more sense a year ago, not so much now.

Thanks! :) I can only partly agree with you!

You have a point when you say 1 year ago it was the critics peak...

however it's never too late to show your support,

is it?

I like Love Lana Like Life's initiative but I don't really think that that's too late after one year now. Okay it's not anymore so current but Lana talked much more later in interviews about this "hate" from the us.

I like Love Lana Like Life's initiative but I don't really think that that's too late after one year now. Okay it's not anymore so current but Lana talked much more later in interviews about this "hate" from the us.

Thank you! :) True, by now we have better insights!

Moreover, I'm not a newspaper, but a Lana supporter!

So I don't have to feature the latest, breaking news or whatever,

it's about loyality,love and support! :D

Okay it's not anymore so current but Lana talked much more later in interviews about this "hate" from the us.

Because she now has an established fan base and can lash back critics because she has a a basis. That's all she ever needed and wanted. Now, it would just make her seem whiny and egotistic. It's a good idea, but I think at this point in time just overkill.

sort of ~

I thought about a soundtrack for the campaign,

and did this:

When Lizzy opens her window:

Interesting, to find out what you think?

But wait, what actually happens when Lizzy opens her window? I think you raised more questions than anything else with this song. 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein