Tammy

Lizzy Grant Re-Release

If she re-releases it, it wouldn't have yayo on it, unless it's classed as 'Yayo no.2" or something.

And plus it would be all re-recorded and everything with A-TL  

:uh: May i borrow your crystal ball? 

It never happened but the original 256 Kbps files leaked over the summer and it was a noticeable quality difference

The 256 files have always been around, not just since summer of last year. Most people just didn't notice. 

I was looking forward to her re-releasing AKA when she first said it but to be honest, it's pointless. We all have it and have listened to it and everybody else that wants to, can. If she were to release it, she's probably re-record everything and it would take longer till we got new Lana songs. The only positive thing about a re-release would be having a physical copy and better quality tracks imo.

In your last sentence you answered yourself what the point would be. For some people it would be great to have the original album uncompressed and as a physical release.   

And I know some people who would probably accuse her of being fake if they heard some songs off aka compared to btd. 

What do you think their logic/argument would be? How is AKA "fake" (by their estimation)? That sounds puzzling to me. I could see some of those people thinking it's "weird" and not commercial, but fake? I'd like to hear that reasoning. 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

:uh: May i borrow your crystal ball?

The 256 files have always been around, not just since summer of last year. Most people just didn't notice.

In your last sentence you answered yourself what the point would be. For some people it would be great to have the original album uncompressed and as a physical release.

What do you think their logic/argument would be? How is AKA "fake" (by their estimation)?

I had 11 of them in 256, so people discovering the files really wasn't huge for me lol

BzhmW.png

Yes but I'm sure everyone would much rather have some new music rather than a physical copy of something we already have.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Yes but I'm sure everyone would much rather have some new music rather than a physical copy of something we already have.

Why are you framing it as one or the other though? If it were to be rereleased (actually rereleased, not rerecorded) that wouldn't take away from her time to be working on other stuff. It is totally feasible for the album to be rereleased and get new music from her. 

Not if the new music is mediocre.

Well, we can't say if it is just yet.

Why are you framing it as one or the other though? If it were to be rereleased (actually rereleased, not rerecorded) that wouldn't take away from her time to be working on other stuff. It is totally feasible for the album to be rereleased and get new music from her. 

If she's going to re-release the original version of AKA she won't have to work on it but I feel like she would have to/want to redo the album because she wasn't entirely satisfied by the results.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

'What do you think their logic/argument would be? How is AKA "fake" (by their estimation)? That sounds puzzling to me. I could see some of those people thinking it's "weird" and not commercial, but fake? I'd like to hear that reasoning.' 

Vice versa, I think. From the way I imagine it, people would probably enthuse even more on the fact ever since 'becoming' Lana Del Rey, she's been 'fake'. I can just imagine people saying 'this is lana del ray's album from when she was lizzie grant and she had blonde hair and before she had duck face lips from her plastic surgery which made her fake.'

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

What do you think their logic/argument would be? How is AKA "fake" (by their estimation)? That sounds puzzling to me. I could see some of those people thinking it's "weird" and not commercial, but fake? I'd like to hear that reasoning. 

Aka definitely isn't as cinematic-with the beats, and the instrumentals. I think it's more down to earth & simple. (In my opinion) a lot of younger fans only know her for songs like radio, video games, blue jeans and don't even know who Lizzy Grant is, well..if they had an (probably)  entire listen to ldraka, they might p make the assumption that Lana sold herself out for bigger, over produced songs, with a bigger record company. I mean, wasn't that one of the main things people were saying once she became big? That if you compare her to her 'lizzy grant days' and 'Lana Del Rey days' she's changed- making people think she's fake.

VyIsfwC.jpg

If she's going to re-release the original version of AKA she won't have to work on it but I feel like she would have to/want to redo the album because she wasn't entirely satisfied by the results.

It's really weird how many times and for how long now it has been repeated throughout this forum that that wouldn't be a rerelease. I'm really not sure what's so unclear or confusing about the (very big) difference between a work being released again and a work being redone entirely or even partially reworked. When Born to Die was rereleased in November was it rerecorded? When a book gets published in another edition does it get rewritten by the author? 

Look at your sentence and the parts bolded to see the obvious contradiction: 

"If she's going to re-release the original version of AKA she won't have to work on it but I feel like she would have to/want to redo the album because she wasn't entirely satisfied by the results."

I'm not trying to be an asshole about this, really. I just genuinely do not understand why this point has been so elusive. 

It's really weird how many times and for how long now it has been repeated throughout this forum that that wouldn't be a rerelease. I'm really not sure what's so unclear or confusing about the (very big) difference between a work being released again and a work being redone entirely or even partially reworked. When Born to Die was rereleased in November was it rerecorded? When a book gets published in another edition does it get rewritten by the author? 

Look at your sentence and the parts bolded to see the obvious contradiction: 

I'm not trying to be an asshole about this, really. I just genuinely do not understand why this point has been so elusive. 

All right, then I worded it wrong. I don't think Lana is going to release AKA in its original version, she would redo the songs.

Every day is Groundhog Day.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Aka definitely isn't as cinematic-with the beats, and the instrumentals. I think it's more down to earth & simple. (In my opinion) a lot of younger fans only know her for songs like radio, video games, blue jeans and don't even know who Lizzy Grant is, well..if they had an (probably)  entire listen to ldraka, they might p make the assumption that Lana sold herself out for bigger, over produced songs, with a bigger record company. I mean, wasn't that one of the main things people were saying once she became big? That if you compare her to her 'lizzy grant days' and 'Lana Del Rey days' she's changed- making people think she's fake.

This is exactly how I feel. I feel like if the album was re-released she'd become even more like the type of person who you either love or hate. People will constantly bang on about how 'fake' she is and fans will become so defensive it might become annoying and make the whole fanbase a bit of a mess.

And if the fanbase isn't liked, then it kind of messes up the artist themselves quite a bit.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

Gosh, i'd hate to see what artists these people are into that they hold it against someone when their musical style evolves. It's a good thing Madonna has been rehashing Lucky Star for the last 30 years. Oh wait...

Apparently the files we have in highest quality are the ones that were leaked in 256 kbps and the ones that were purchased by someone from Napster.

I personally don't think it would make sense if Lana released it again in its entire original form. I think songs would possibly be remastered and reworked, and the artwork would be changed. It has no logic for Lana to re-release an album three years after when its cover says "Lana Del Ray."

Well, if the iTunes files leaked, since they're also 256 kbps but M4A, it'd be nice because the quality is slightly superior than MP3, but besides that I'm fine with the original release.

Apparently the files we have in highest quality are the ones that were leaked in 256 kbps and the ones that were purchased by someone from Napster.

What do you know about this Napster purchase? I've never heard anything about that. 

By the way, i downloaded AKA in 256 (encoded with LAME 3.91) from Soulseek sometime in late 2011, and i strongly believe that it was all sourced from the same source, but i don't know what the source is, and jeez, how many times can you say the word source in the same sentence? 

Well, if the iTunes files leaked, since they're also 256 kbps but M4A, it'd be nice because the quality is slightly superior than MP3

This is true, but  :shh: don't tell people here that--they'd rather maintain uniformity of file types in their iTunes than have better sounding files.  

I guess I could see it going either way. On one hand, they bought the rights to the songs and obviously they could stand to make some sort of profit off of it. Not to mention it hasn't been in print....ever (except for a few copies David Kahne has, apparently) and was online for a period of time. But even now, that may be negated since the album has been public since her SNL performace. 

Insterscope put a lot of effort into making sure mentions of the album were removed from links from obscure blogs and other mentions of the article, so it's sort of a toss-up. For all we know, it may have been scrapped or just a comment in passing. It seems she metioned it once and never again.

Either way for us, it's a win-win. If it's a re-release we'll get a physical and HQ AKA album and if she just retools the songs for another album in the future, well, take it or leave it like you all did with Paradise Yayo because the original versions will always exist

Maybe I'm just nitpicking, but I think a lot of us agree that LIZZY GRANT aka LANA DEL RAY is a horrible title. Besides the obvious that she has changed her name from both of those and it wouldn't really make sense to try and sell a Lana Del Rey CD with two names she has since changed. But oy, I'm with Monicker that the album was just titled "Lana Del Ray".

What do you know about this Napster purchase? I've never heard anything about that. 

By the way, i downloaded AKA in 256 (encoded with LAME 3.91) from Soulseek sometime in late 2011, and i strongly believe that it was all sourced from the same source, but i don't know what the source is, and jeez, how many times can you say the word source in the same sentence? 

This is true, but  :shh: don't tell people here that--they'd rather maintain uniformity of file types in their iTunes than have better sounding files.  

In all honesty, I don't know much about the Napster purchase. I can't seem to remember where I found the link to the files I have nowadays, but they showed significant higher quality than the files I had before. Take a look:

QSli7.png

In the part where it says "Purchased from Napster," it's not a tag I can remove on iTunes. When I click "Get Info" on iTunes, it says the comment box is empty, so I believe it's some sort of information that comes with the files themselves. (I'm just supposing.)

It seems that not only Lana Del Ray was available on Amazon and iTunes, but also other online digital music retailers. There was a French store that was selling the album last year, I don't know if it's still up.

QSli7.png

:O This is interesting. Never knew about that. 

There was a French store that was selling the album last year, I don't know if it's still up.

Yeah, i remember that. We had talked about that on the old forum and we discovered that in order to purchase it, the buyer had to have a French address, and we never found someone from France to buy it, so it was just eventually forgotten. What's really noteworthy about this though is that that site was claiming to have the option to get it in lossless...

Anyone remember that site? Because we have a good amount of French people on here now that might be willing to purchase it in (maybe) lossless. 

:O This is interesting. Never knew about that. 

Yeah, i remember that. We had talked about that on the old forum and we discovered that in order to purchase it, the buyer had to have a French address, and we never found someone from France to buy it, so it was just eventually forgotten. What's really noteworthy about this though is that that site was claiming to have the option to get it in lossless...

I remember the lossless thing... do you know if we could possibly cheat on the store? I mean, if we could buy it with any credit card and just needed the French address, we could come up with a random one to get the tracks.

If you happen to remember the store, maybe we could investigate that. Getting the songs in lossless is definitely possible even when an album isn't released physically, once there are stores that are specialized in high quality music selling.

I guess I could see it going either way. On one hand, they bought the rights to the songs and obviously they could stand to make some sort of profit off of it. Not to mention it hasn't been in print....ever (except for a few copies David Kahne has, apparently) and was online for a period of time. But even now, that may be negated since the album has been public since her SNL performace. 

Insterscope put a lot of effort into making sure mentions of the album were removed from links from obscure blogs and other mentions of the article, so it's sort of a toss-up. For all we know, it may have been scrapped or just a comment in passing. It seems she metioned it once and never again.

Either way for us, it's a win-win. If it's a re-release we'll get a physical and HQ AKA album and if she just retools the songs for another album in the future, well, take it or leave it like you all did with Paradise Yayo because the original versions will always exist

Maybe I'm just nitpicking, but I think a lot of us agree that LIZZY GRANT aka LANA DEL RAY is a horrible title. Besides the obvious that she has changed her name from both of those and it wouldn't really make sense to try and sell a Lana Del Rey CD with two names she has since changed. But oy, I'm with Monicker that the album was just titled "Lana Del Ray".

Yes. Honestly, I don't quite understand why people name the album other than Lana Del Ray. We have evidence that the album was sold as that. Let's just look at Amazon, the link's still there... usually, albums do not have different titles on Amazon and on the iTunes Store.

Edit: I am sorry I am double-posting. I always forget to multi-quote.