Elle

Leeds, ENG @ Reading & Leeds Festival - August 25th, 2024

1 hour ago, American Bore said:

She did well again but these festivals were just not the vibe for her at all. Crowds outside of the very front were awful. I stood at the back last night and got so many weird looks for just knowing the songs. 

At least at Leeds the arena was spaced out a bit more so you couldn’t hear the other stages as bad, but still just not the right vibe. 

Glad she got to finish tho bc the outro is iconic. You could tell she was anxious about time as well - I assume they planned to cut NFR/Arcadia if they didn’t as that’s when she asked. I do love bartender but it’s crazy that it’s the only NFR song solidly on the setlist

i really hope her and her team will be planning arena (or even stadium)concerts for her next tour.

There were so many issues throughout these concert wherever it were things she couldn’t control (weather, mic issues) or her coming late. 
Those tight time slots/ curfew times aren’t really for her. Her team and she herself either need to pull themselves together and really work on the organization for everything or just scrap festival tours. 
I do really really love her, but comparing to other artists there were just too many issues this year and considering people spend so much money, come from other countries and even wait hours in line to get a spot where they can barely see her it‘s just not fair to the fans to get half of the set list cut. Yes you can’t control the weather, but you can plan other things. 
I don’t know how strict arenas are tbh, but at least it wouldn’t clash with other artists, if she was coming too late and many fans would be able to at least sit while they’re waiting. 

Also it would give more people the opportunity to see her and her whole set better. I was very lucky with Milan because it was a single show, but really my only complaint is that it felt more like a Public viewing experience than an actual concert. I saw more of a Taylor Swift and her stage in a stadium watching from nosebleed seats almost behind the back of the stage than a Lana, because these festival areas are just simply huge and flat. 
Adding to this: many people say Lana should have her own kinda Eras tour, which is understandable she’s a huge artist with a lot of discography, but realistically it wouldn’t be possible since something big like this would need her to be more reliable and a better organization.

I hope this doesn’t sound too negative or as if I’m shitting on her, not at all, I’m really thankful I was able to see her. I just hope her and her team consider a better option for concerts for everyone and maybe consider more places to come to especially since Europe for example isn’t only made out of the western countries. 

13 minutes ago, jumpropesparklequeen said:

Can someone explain to me the live version of Cherry? Is it hidden vocals from the OG track or is it an extended version or demo or? The hallelujah lyrics etc

The hallelujah lyrics are from the bridge but these are background vocals.

2.gif

22 minutes ago, jumpropesparklequeen said:

Can someone explain to me the live version of Cherry? Is it hidden vocals from the OG track or is it an extended version or demo or? The hallelujah lyrics etc

The hallelujah lyrics are backing vocals from the bridge but she does an extended outro when she does cherry live with just these vocals

9 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

IMPORTANT EDIT: BARTENDER WAS A HIGHLIGHT BTW AS WAS ARCADIA SORRYYYYYYYY TO THE BARCADIA HATERS

Bartender and Arcadia sound amazing live I’m glad someone agrees 😌😊

2 hours ago, yourlocalhobo said:

i really hope her and her team will be planning arena (or even stadium)concerts for her next tour.

There were so many issues throughout these concert wherever it were things she couldn’t control (weather, mic issues) or her coming late. 
Those tight time slots/ curfew times aren’t really for her. Her team and she herself either need to pull themselves together and really work on the organization for everything or just scrap festival tours. 

Agreed, I really don’t understand her love for festival shows when she consistently has technical issues (sound/stage setup) as well as her showing up late and either being cut off or having to pay a fine for going over curfew. If she had her own arena tour everything would be much more in her control. Plus I can only assume more of her actual fans get to see her compared to random festival goers who go see her just because they’re already there for someone else and ruin the vibe for the actual fans. Not saying “true” Lana fans aren’t rude since I’ve seen many stories about that but at least they want to be there lol

I get that playing festivals frees her from the whole ticket selling aspect but it just sucks for people who would have to travel to see her, if you buy a festival ticket and she cancels you don’t get any of your money back :toofloppy:

7 minutes ago, jealous girl said:

Agreed, I really don’t understand her love for festival shows when she consistently has technical issues (sound/stage setup) as well as her showing up late and either being cut off or having to pay a fine for going over curfew. If she had her own arena tour everything would be much more in her control. Plus I can only assume more of her actual fans get to see her compared to random festival goers who go see her just because they’re already there for someone else and ruin the vibe for the actual fans. Not saying “true” Lana fans aren’t rude since I’ve seen many stories about that but at least they want to be there lol

I get that playing festivals frees her from the whole ticket selling aspect but it just sucks for people who would have to travel to see her, if you buy a festival ticket and she cancels you don’t get any of your money back :toofloppy:

This so much!

Also: I’m the last person to complain about her set list, but it absolutely wasn’t fit for festivals like Coachella. There were too many „random“ festival goers, of course the crowd was dead af when it’s mostly people who maybe heard her on her radio or know some tiktok sounds. People where complaining so much about her set afterwards it hurt a bit to read. 
She would be much more appreciated when it’s just her own thing and only people who really like her music and would come. 

I would love to see Lana live one day but there's no way in hell that I'll ever go to a festival, they just sound like nightmare to me :toofunny:  

It's very rare to have a solo artist play where I live (even though it's in the fucking CAPITAL of the country) but I would find a way to travel to Rio or SP if she did a solo concert in an arena or something, hopefully one day :aw: 

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ if you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the fire, or you might get what you desire boy ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

23 minutes ago, jealous girl said:

All of this + don’t forget most of the times you’re paying a full day ticket that includes artists you don’t care about or even don’t like (in Milan before her there was a DJ who made my ears bleed and it totally ruined the mood…). Doors open always in the morning and you have to wait there, whilst in a concert of hers they’d open 1/2 hrs before, and there are also seats…

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

13.04.2018 | 04.06.2024

Progetto-senza-titolo.png

4 hours ago, motel six said:

100% agree, i was in the second like area thing whatever it is from stage and got stares for singing west coast the first verse? and the lines in without you that she didn’t sing but i did people acted like i was just making my own shit up😭😭

i don’t think i was being loud either - i’d get that, i wasn’t shouting, just singing, if they sang/ knew the lyrics then it wouldn’t just be my voice they’re hearing 

although i’m happy i could see her and go home on the same night, i feel leeds is the closest i could do that because she’s probably not going further up north than that and any concert in manchester i’d have to get a hotel

People like you are actually fun to go to concerts and stuff with though, compared to these boring bitches that go to just sing the choruses and take instagram photos to post captioned with “you and I can we were born to die” and then whine about how she didn’t play summertime sadness sped up

9 hours ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I think it’s all about the position of where you were in the crowd, I was saying to my husband I was so happy to get barricade because everyone else there was so in to it, where as if I was stood further back, I’d feel maybe a bit weird singing the whole set (which isn’t, but like you said, if the others were stood not singing..). That kinda happened to me at BST, we had to be in the accessibility area because my husband was in a wheelchair at the time.. and I was loving life but the people around me.. not so much. 

BST ofcourse was a longer and better set list too.. but it was basically her show. I’m glad I got the additions of without you, hope and west coast.. very disappointed no body electric, but what can you do. I’m still baffled as to why she didn’t get headliner slot.. the amount of people who left straight after her set who’d stood there all day. It made me actually feel bad for Fred again, there was nowhere near as many people coming forward as people trying to leave!

very true! it is crazy that she wasn't the proper headliner! i bet barricade was such a nice atmosphere :flutter: i was also super happy to hear without you too!

2 hours ago, dexter said:

Bartender and Arcadia sound amazing live I’m glad someone agrees 😌😊

her vocals are always so strong during those two songs :flutter:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

2 hours ago, gothphetamine said:

People like you are actually fun to go to concerts and stuff with though, compared to these boring bitches that go to just sing the choruses and take instagram photos to post captioned with “you and I can we were born to die” and then whine about how she didn’t play summertime sadness sped up

THANK YOU! like I was purely vibing, singing my heart out, not caring what I was filming, and they're just salty they had to hear my awful singing because none of them could join in

tumblr_n6a8h49m591sb22wto1_500.gif

7 hours ago, motel six said:

100% agree, i was in the second like area thing whatever it is from stage and got stares for singing west coast the first verse? and the lines in without you that she didn’t sing but i did people acted like i was just making my own shit up😭😭

i don’t think i was being loud either - i’d get that, i wasn’t shouting, just singing, if they sang/ knew the lyrics then it wouldn’t just be my voice they’re hearing 

although i’m happy i could see her and go home on the same night, i feel leeds is the closest i could do that because she’s probably not going further up north than that and any concert in manchester i’d have to get a hotel

I would much rather people sing and enjoy themselves vs people that just yap and have conversations the whole time. Obviously don’t scream to the point no one can hear her but people can be so boring. Living your best life as you should! Glad you and others here had a great time <3

492482-1.png

♡︎

7 hours ago, jealous girl said:

I think being part of a festival is very important for an artist. It's one of the ways how people discover new music and believe it or not there are people who don't know Lana, especially the newer songs. I came to Leeds for Lana, but I really enjoyed The last dinner party and Raye concerts, which I didn't know before, and I'll definitely listen to them again. Also the Bleachers gig was a shock and Antonoff totally got me - what a show! I've discovered a lot of artists this way and I'm very grateful for it.
 I don't think I would have got as good spot as I had yesterday if I had only gone to Lana's show. And I really didn't get the feeling that Lana wasn't enjoying herself, her energy was great!
 I understand what you're writing here, but I think it's definitely easier for Lana to be at a festival than to have to deal with her whole tour from the beginning. I would definitely like to see her show outside of the festival sometime, but this show last night really didn't lack anything!

Also, what is the average price of a ticket for Lana's show? Is it less than a 1 day festival ticket?

Screenshot-20240827-142854-Instagram.jpg

Ngl I HATED bleachers set.. out of all of them it’s the one I wanted to end and thought I’d rather listen to silence :toofunny: it wasn’t the music, because I found the artists very talented.. but I hated Jacks presence, I felt like he was really obnoxious and a bit cringe talking about drugs so much (though looked like he’d taken some looool).. and I felt like he was like aggressively trying to make me know the music but I can’t sing along if I don’t know the words lol. It was just way too overstimulating for me.. but apparently he got the crowd going so I guess it was just me haha 

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

3 hours ago, shadesofblue said:

I would much rather people sing and enjoy themselves vs people that just yap and have conversations the whole time. Obviously don’t scream to the point no one can hear her but people can be so boring. Living your best life as you should! Glad you and others here had a great time <3

exactly! i totally agree and thank you so much:kiss:

Just now, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Ngl I HATED bleachers set.. out of all of them it’s the one I wanted to end and thought I’d rather listen to silence :toofunny: 

it was so loud i thought i was going to get tinnitus off it at some point, the music isn’t my vibe personally but i def thought it was awesome to be seeing lanas producer

18 hours ago, laurita said:

Je pense que faire partie d'un festival est très important pour un artiste. C'est l'une des façons dont les gens découvrent de nouvelles musiques et, croyez-le ou non, il y a des gens qui ne connaissent pas Lana, en particulier les chansons les plus récentes. Je suis venu à Leeds pour Lana, mais j'ai vraiment apprécié The Last Dinner Party et les concerts de Raye, que je ne connaissais pas avant, et je les écouterai certainement à nouveau. Le concert de Bleachers a également été un choc et Antonoff m'a totalement conquis - quel spectacle ! J'ai découvert beaucoup d'artistes de cette façon et j'en suis très reconnaissant.
 Je ne pense pas que j'aurais eu une aussi bonne place qu'hier si j'étais allé seulement au spectacle de Lana. Et je n'ai vraiment pas eu l'impression que Lana ne s'amusait pas, son énergie était géniale !
 Je comprends ce que tu écris ici, mais je pense qu'il est définitivement plus facile pour Lana d'être à un festival que de devoir gérer toute sa tournée depuis le début. J'aimerais vraiment voir son spectacle en dehors du festival un jour, mais celui d'hier soir ne manquait vraiment de rien !

Et quel est le prix moyen d'un billet pour le spectacle de Lana ? Est-ce moins cher qu'un billet pour un festival d'une journée ?

Il y a 18 heures, motel six a dit :

c'était tellement fort que j'ai pensé que j'allais avoir des acouphènes à un moment donné, la musique n'est pas mon truc personnellement mais j'ai vraiment pensé que c'était génial de voir le producteur de Lana

JE PENSE QUE SON IMPLICATION ET SA MOTIVATION SONT TOTALES A LIRE CECI

https://www.dezeen.com/2024/08/27/stufish-lana-del-rey-reading-and-leeds-festival-stage/

18 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

anyone else getting post lana @ leeds depression

me big time:(

missing the entire day and how amazing it was, and i miss looking forward to seeing lana