TIARNZUS

Minor board enhancements

What's New

Please read these entries for a full list and explanation of what's new.

Code Boxes
The code box has been improved to allow you to select the code format (HTML, Javascript, PHP, etc) and a starting line number. Tabs and spaces are also preserved correctly.
Shades-2646-20120731-152932.jpg

Live Previews
When adding quote and code boxes, the editor will preview them live, like so:
Shades-20120731-152612.jpg

The code box when rendered fully contains striping and line numbers which makes it easier to read the code:
Shades-20120731-152736.jpg

The Best Answer Feature

IP.Board comes with a brand new 'best answer' feature. This enables the topic starter (when allowed), moderators (where allowed) and super moderators/admins to mark a post as the best answer.

http__localhost_invisionboard3_topic_210

This screen shot shows a typical question topic and the best answer has been flagged. You'll also notice that at the top, a small excerpt of the post is shown with a button to go and read the full post. This is useful for when the best answer may be on a different page to the one you're viewing.

Shades-20120912-163725.png

Looking at the forum view, you'll see that the answered topic has a badge that when clicked takes you to the flagged post.

Fullscreen-20120912-163823.png

You can also quickly filter the forum list to remove answered or unanswered topics. This will be handy for forums that have staff answering questions!

Shades-20120912-163024.png

Share a single post

A common feature request has been the ability to share a single post. You might want to share a great reply to a topic on Facebook or perhaps email a link to an interesting post to a friend. You can now do this by clicking either the post number or the little share icon to the right of the post number. This brings up a new modal window

Shades-20121012-093817.jpg

Mobile Moderation

Our mobile theme is suitable for all mobile devices. Even though we have our mobile application available for the iPhone and iPad, we want to ensure that other devices are able to interact with IP.Board.

A very common request has been to enable basic moderation actions from within the mobile theme. To that end, we've added buttons for common topic moderation into the mobile skin.

blogentry-108264-0-95087700-1346942410_t 

Editor Pasting

A lot of the time you find that you just want to paste plain text into the editor so you don't have to then remove formatting such as background and font colors. We've made this an option from within the IP.Board 3.4 editor via the new Options icon (far right on the screen shot). You can still paste as rich text by clicking on the relevant paste button on the top right section of the toolbar.

Shades-20120912-143715.png

tumblr_mxx8avPa6n1s4it03o1_500.gif

Really love the updates, thankyou! :defeated:

I like all of the enhancements except for the "best answer" feature...

I've gotta agree with this though, in a lot of cases, it may be down to personal opinion what the 'best answer' is and might not be relevant in enough topics but I guess over time the feature could prove me wrong.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

I think if that feature was limited to moderators it could be useful. If someone asks a question and there is an obvious answer it would cut back on a lot of people restating the same answer over and over in different words.

sort of ~

Am I alone in thinking none of the new features, and not even all of the new features put together, are useful enough to justify the desecration done to quoting? Is it possible to revert to the previous version of IPBoard?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Am I alone in thinking none of the new features, and not even all of the new features put together, are useful enough to justify the desecration done to quoting? Is it possible to revert to the previous version of IPBoard?

Did I miss something? D:

What happened to quoting?

sort of ~

What happened to quoting?

When composing replies, aside from indenting, it no longer shows you where the formatting begins or ends, who you're quoting, or when. It's all fucked up now.

I don't thinke the quote thing works as it should

Edit: Fuck. Goddamnit! lkjasdjlkasdjlk;fasd I had to edit this post multiple times in toggle mode to get the spacing how I wanted it.

Edited by evilentity

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Ahh, I see. I was on my phone before I got on my computer and didn't notice it, I don't think it mobile. 

I am sure if it is an IPB thing they will release a fix for it really soon, especially considering the software isn't cheap. 

sort of ~

I still don't get this 'My Latests Topics' feature  :ohno:

Like if someone would ever comment on my threads  :defeated:

I like everything but these two.  :ohno:

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

Can someone teach me how to fix the quote problem if there is a way? Like a manual code? I've kind of just been pressing quote over and over again hoping it will work.

edit: ata confirmed for idiot. disregard this.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg