Sign in to follow this  
SwayTokyo

Lana Song Trilogies

Lana has her famous BTD trilogy, which is supposed to be Video Games, Blue Jeans, and Born to Die, all centering around the same guy (though there are many that would say multiple men are being sung about). 

I was wondering if you guys had your own trilogies? One of the great things about Lana's music is that it is relatively consistent in its subjects and themes, leading to easy story creation through linking songs. For me, I only have one that I have really put together as a trilogy, considering them to all be related to each other, seen below. However, I think there are more if I thought about it more which is why I'm asking you guys.

For me:
1. Queen of Disaster

2. Beautiful Player 

3. Making Out

The story:
(Part 1) A young Lana finds the man of her dreams while she is unsuccessful, and they share in their misfortunes together. They're King and Queens of the New York scene. (Part 2) Lana then finds out he's a player but she continues to love him anyway as she feels he completes her and accepts her in her faults, and she his, wholly and completely. This relationship continues but as his money improves from his drug dealing, he starts seeing other women even more and Lana realizes that he will never reciprocate her love. (Part 3) This leads to our New York City Queen deciding to start seeing other men on the side, as well. He finds out and tries to win her sole affection and attention back, and she does love him and attempts to continue seeing him. However, she ultimately decides that she's better off relying on the money she makes being with these other men and rejects her beautiful player. 

1. Black Beauty

2. Pretty When You Cry

3. Is This Happiness

Caught in a toxic relationship

1. Ultraviolence

2. Freak

3. Religion

Falling in love with a cult leader

1. Money Power Glory

2. Fucked My Way Up to the Top

3. Hollywood's Dead

The dark side of fame

tumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o1_400.giftumblr_o2bsk3y0kh1so86p6o2_400.gif

what a fascinating thread

Flipside - delusion almost, her lover leaves and she thinks he's gonna gravitate back to her as per usual

The Blackest Day - she begins lamenting over the loss of her lover, consciously realizing he's gone

Hawaiian Tropic - acceptance, she's much more free given that her lover has left her and all of the bars from her relationship have been lifted

title251192345.png

This might be a bit of an odd one but...

Art Deco - in her NME interview, Lana said it was about teenagers going out or something and then the lyrics make it sound like someone is reassuring themselves that their lifestyle's okay

Carmen - then they let that lifestyle go too far and, whilst everyone sees an amazing, happy person, the person is unhappy and 'dying (i'm dyyyyiiiing)'

Ride - and they're tired of feeling like they're fucking crazy so they just ride, let it go and find daddies. they feel free of this lifestyle they were actually always unhappy in

I love this so so so much, I think about stories in her songs a lot but what I have right now in mind is 

1) Prom Song Gone Wrong

2) Paris

3) Gogo Dancer

The story of a trash high school girl that kills time in her extremely boring town by partying and playing around and who uses her rich daddy money to escape to Paris with her boyfriend but reality hits and she ends up having to gogo dance and sell her soul in North-East of Paris darkest sketchy gentlemen holes while her bf pimps her, millions years away from the luscious glamour life she was dreaming of :defeated:  I just listened to it and Paris rhythm is calmer but it makes so much sense it's perfect

ZKcaooE.png

1. Shades Of Cool

2. Pretty When You Cry

3. Is This Happiness

A really bad and sad end of love (UV Edition)

1. Without You

2. Blue Jeans

3. Summertime Sadness

A really bad and sad end of love (BTD Edition)

1. The Blackest Day

2. Terrence Loves You

3. Swan Song

A really bad and sad end of love (HM Edition)

about these 3 trilogys:

first he breaks her heart, she is hurt and can't believe it's over.

second she thinks she's over him but realizes she's not.

third she still loves him and wants to die to "follow" him.

1. Black Beauty

2. Is This Happiness

3. Wait For Life

It's about trying to come out of depression.

Mfhp.gif

1. Put Me In A Movie

2. Lolita

3. Shades of Cool

A younger girl pursues an older man and it ends badly when she realizes she's been used.

1. Yayo (AKA version)

2. Us Against The World.

3. Carmen

A girl pursues a bad boy, does anything for him, and then gets sucked into a world of drugs and regrets.

giphy.gif

Ok so mine is called summer of snow

1.florida kilos - setting the tone for the story

2. Yayo - the moment of desperation

3. Salvatore - the love is killing her but she's so obsessed with him but they're too codependent on each other and yayo to walk away

End credits - the blackest day

YoungKindheartedCapybara-max-1mb.gif

1. Off To The Races

2. Dark Paradise

3. Summertime Sadness

I like to think that first, Lana talks about her beloved boyfriend in OTTR, but then he dies. Dark Paradise is about his death and then Summertime Sadness is how she copes with it.

image.png

1. Live or Die

2. Noir

3. Back to the Basics

A love story starts where they first decide to get together doing bad things to get by before their careers shoot off. Then they start to have the problems handling the fame, so they realize that probably need to leave the lime light (and money) and go back to their old ways before their new destructive behaviors ruin their relationship.

1. Spot Lite De-lite

2. Velvet Crowbar

3. Everyman Gets His Wish

A love story where she meets the man of her dreams, then he ends up getting addicted to drugs and dying, then she thinks about all the things they done together before he passed. He lied when he said that every man got their wish because he didn't survive for her. And that was her wish.

1. Driving in Cars With Boys

2.  Prom Song Gone Wrong

3. This Is What Makes Us Girls

Teenage love that includes so much fun for a lifetime of memories only to end when Lana gets sent away. But at least they had the school year.

1. Prom Song Gone Wrong

2. Paris OR Dum Dum

3. Lucky Ones

Young love that actually lasts. It's forever and beautiful. They leave their home town because it actually was holding them back and they make it.

1. Live or Die

2. Noir

3. Back to the Basics

A love story starts where they first decide to get together doing bad things to get by before their careers shoot off. Then they start to have the problems handling the fame, so they realize that probably need to leave the lime light (and money) and go back to their old ways before their new destructive behaviors ruin their relationship.

1. Spot Lite De-lite

2. Velvet Crowbar

3. Everyman Gets His Wish

A love story where she meets the man of her dreams, then he ends up getting addicted to drugs and dying, then she thinks about all the things they done together before he passed. He lied when he said that every man got their wish because he didn't survive for her. And that was her wish.

1. Driving in Cars With Boys

2.  Prom Song Gone Wrong

3. This Is What Makes Us Girls

Teenage love that includes so much fun for a lifetime of memories only to end when Lana gets sent away. But at least they had the school year.

1. Prom Song Gone Wrong

2. Paris OR Dum Dum

3. Lucky Ones

Young love that actually lasts. It's forever and beautiful. They leave their home town because it actually was holding them back and they make it.

this is so well thought out holy shit! i'm adding these to a playlist

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif