Guest Zephyr

Madonna

1 minute ago, SalvaWHORE said:

But Incredible is so disrespectful, that i can't even comprehend how & why she approved that shit in the final tracklist (while threw "Across The Sky" away)

honestly most madonna albums are pretty bulletproof even if there may be one track that is a little weaker than the rest BUT

- like a virgin
- music
- hard candy
- MDNA

each contain at least one song i can definitively say is a bad madonna song

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

honestly most madonna albums are pretty bulletproof even if there may be one track that is a little weaker than the rest BUT

- like a virgin
- music
- hard candy
- MDNA

each contain at least one song i can definitively say is a bad madonna song

When i was doing my Madonna discography discovery journey - Music was the album that i had least desire to unpack because i'm not into that western country concept

But noooo, she really surprised me w that one, turnt out it was her camp era :cryney2:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I haven't heard her entire discography but from what I've heard (Ray of Light onwards), I'd rank it like this:

Ray of Light > Confessions on a Dance Floor > Rebel Heart > Music > American Life > Madame X > Hard Candy > MDNA.

I really love Masterpiece and vibe to a couple more tracks from HC and MDNA but overall I don't revisit those albums.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

21 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

When i was doing my Madonna discography discovery journey - Music was the album that i had least desire to unpack because i'm not into that western country concept

But noooo, she really surprised me w that one, turnt out it was her camp era :cryney2:

music era was so camp, she really said i'm gonna craft a very specific visual aesthetic and the music is going to sound NOTHING like it - even the tracks with guitar are more folk-ish than country

music has 9 very good songs (10 international)... and one real big turkey :bebe:

here's @the ocean certified list of madonna's worst songs

Spoiler

- pretender [i think the most soulless madonna ever got pre-MDNA]
- one more chance [this would be fine if someone else sang it, but that alone negates it even existing when this is MADONNA]
- nobody's perfect [makes me want to slam my head into a wall i hate it i hate it i hate it die die die die die die die]
- hey you [love a rich white woman making fun of regular people for not doing anything about climate change despite her having more power in her pinky nail than the GP has collectively]
- incredible [if pharrell was distilled into a sound this would be it]
- spanish lesson [self explanatory]
- girl gone wild [the most soulless madonna has ever sounded period]
- some girls [if bitch i'm madonna was bad]
- b-day song [probably the biggest turkey of them all especially because there was so much potential and we got... this]
- illuminati [she needs to go back and listen to american life... or maybe just an actual rap song so she can learn how to rap]
- iconic [don't really have an explanation for why i think this is bad it just is]
- killers who are partying [definitely the worst of madonna's experiments with portuguese - not to mention madonna also being extremely tone deaf for one of the very few times in her career]

and my certified list of songs most people think are bad but i think are very underrated:

Spoiler

- i know it [this is really cute! i can actually see why people don't like this because gays hate earnestness but i find this charming]
- over and over [it's a bop shut up]
- love song [i think this is extremely underrated and i love how 2 people known for being maximalistic intentionally made a lowkey song about falling out of love - it's just a secretly genius song that was kind of ahead of its time]
- act of contrition [WHAT DO YOU MEAN ITS NOT IN THE COMPUTER???]
- i'm so stupid [if nobody's perfect was good]
- mother and father [see love song]
- candy shop [this is such a inoffensive bop MY SUGA IS RA sticky and sweet DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE]
- heartbeat [see my booty get like down uh]
- dance 2night [i know people hate justin and i do too for reasons that are called britney & janet but he actually kinda snapped here i fear]
- i don't give a [the sound of madonna dismantling the patriarchy]
- bitch i'm madonna [literally invented charli xcx prove me wrong]
- auto-tune baby [i still think this is pretty ahead of its time]
- rebel heart [reason why gays should not listen to demos before hearing the final product because this is a bop and i will not hear otherwise]
- most of madame x [her best album since hard candy & the second coming of american life but people hate it because they think she's old and she can't make statements anymore - smells like misogyny]

11 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

American Life

i feel very offended by this

7 minutes ago, the ocean said:

- most of madame x [her best album since hard candy & the second coming of american life but people hate it because they think she's old and she can't make statements anymore - smells like misogyny]

Autotune Baby sucks and I'm not hearing otherwise cause wtf was that.

With Madame X, my issue is the production. It is very all over the place. And tbh I don't like mixing languages within songs. I think I'd enjoy it more if the songs were fully in Portuguese (Killers, which tbh I don't like anyways; Extreme, etc.; only Faz Gostoso checks) or Spanish (Crazy; I don't like the Maluma features). That said, I genuinely enjoy like half the album - God Control, I Rise, Future, Crave, IDSIF, Looking for Mercy, Batuka and Faz Gostoso iirc.

And the bonus tracks kinda suck aside from Back That Up, which original production remains superior.

11 minutes ago, the ocean said:

And my certified list of songs most people think are bad but i think are very underrated:

Hide contents

- i know it [this is really cute! i can actually see why people don't like this because gays hate earnestness but i find this charming]
- over and over [it's a bop shut up]
- love song [i think this is extremely underrated and i love how 2 people known for being maximalistic intentionally made a lowkey song about falling out of love - it's just a secretly genius song that was kind of ahead of its time]
- act of contrition [WHAT DO YOU MEAN ITS NOT IN THE COMPUTER???]
- i'm so stupid [if nobody's perfect was good]
- mother and father [see love song]
- candy shop [this is such a inoffensive bop MY SUGA IS RA sticky and sweet DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE]
- heartbeat [see my booty get like down uh]
- dance 2night [i know people hate justin and i do too for reasons that are called britney & janet but he actually kinda snapped here i fear]
- i don't give a [the sound of madonna dismantling the patriarchy]
- bitch i'm madonna [literally invented charli xcx prove me wrong]
- rebel heart [reason why gays should not listen to demos before hearing the final product because this is a bop and i will not hear otherwise]

May i add

Spoiler

Pray For Spanish Eyes (I was shocked to find out that she never sang this song live)

majority of Erotica

Forbidden Love (Bedtime stories)

Inside of Me

to Have And Not To Hold

Sky Fits Heaven

X-static Process

Easy Ride

Isaac

Super Pop

Falling Free

Inside Out (the production is sick)

Graffiti Heart (her best EDM/dubstep atempt)

Wash All Over Me

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

3 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

May i add

Hide contents

To Have and Not To Hold

Sky Fits Heaven

X-static Process

Isaac

Wash All Over Me

Who in the hell would deem these as bad :lange: they're CRIMINALLY underrated tbh :agree: 

Just now, SalvaWHORE said:

May i add

Hide contents

Pray For Spanish Eyes (I was shocked to find out that she never sang this song live)

majority of Erotica

Forbidden Love (Bedtime stories)

Inside of Me

to Have And Not To Hold

Sky Fits Heaven

X-static Process

Easy Ride

Isaac

Super Pop

Falling Free

Graffiti Heart (her best EDM/dubstep atempt)

Wash All Over Me

with the exception of super pop, falling free & the rebel heart tracks i don't think anyone thinks these songs are bad but i definitely agree that they're all underrated (except maybe erotica because i've seen pretty much universal praise for it - definitely deserved praise though)

if we're talking about underrated songs (even if people don't think they're bad) (adding onto yours because i pretty much agree with all of them except graffiti heart not a fan of that song personally lol)

Spoiler

- physical attraction
- where's the party (such a bop omg especially the you can dance single mix which is now on streaming as of like a couple weeks ago)
- till death do us part (this is honestly probably one of her best songs period yeah i said it)
- promise to try
- dear jessie (i could honestly list the entire like a prayer album here it's a complete masterpiece all killer no filler including love song & act of contrition)
- secret garden
- sanctuary
- love tried to welcome me
- mer girl (one of my favorite madonna songs...)
- has to be (...it's the perfect one two punch with mer girl & it's just a strangely comforting experience listening to them back to back)
- time stood still
- gone
- paradise (not for me)
- all of american life... all of it the entire album it's a masterpiece it's my favorite madonna album and people pay it dust
- how high

Just now, Glitter Boy said:

Autotune Baby sucks and I'm not hearing otherwise cause wtf was that.

tumblr_o4engvzZph1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

1 minute ago, Glitter Boy said:

Who in the hell would deem these as bad :lange: they're CRIMINALLY underrated tbh :agree: 

i saw people trashed Isaac, when its one of the most intelligent edm track ive ever heard

like a prayer & american life are her most underrated albums because those 2 albums are all killer no filler and i see no one talking about them as the actual masterpieces they are

edit: i've even seen american life SHADE in this thread which is just disgusting and you need to gain taste

Edited by the ocean

11 hours ago, SalvaWHORE said:

while we're waiting for her upcoming 2023 M16

if it's truly gonna be a trap album like rumored she can keep it. Madame X wasn't perfect but at least she didn't become a total sellout with it and did some interesting things. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

12 minutes ago, Mer said:

if it's truly gonna be a trap album like rumored she can keep it. Madame X wasn't perfect but at least she didn't become a total sellout with it and did some interesting things. 

she said it's gonna be disco/dance album à la Erotica - let a whore dream :cryney2:

31 minutes ago, the ocean said:

like a prayer & american life are her most underrated albums because those 2 albums are all killer no filler and i see no one talking about them as the actual masterpieces they are

edit: i've even seen american life SHADE in this thread which is just disgusting and you need to gain taste

the fact it's been 30 minutes and no one has said anything or even liked the post completely proves my point :true:

12 minutes ago, weinendersoldat said:

baby i had one rol video for VOTY and the rest as her best help

wait i just saw that now :cryney2: my eyes.

Well, you have taste too, gotta give u that :azealia:

It's confirmed very likely that the upcoming album is going to be house-influenced. If everything goes right, she's gonna deliver Erotica 2.0, which would just be iconic. 

Also:

3 hours ago, the ocean said:

here's @the ocean certified list of madonna's worst songs

- girl gone wild [the most soulless madonna has ever sounded period]
- some girls [if bitch i'm madonna was bad]

3 hours ago, the ocean said:

i feel very offended by this

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

3 hours ago, SalvaWHORE said:

I agree; you wouldn't expect it to be good if someone described the sound to you, but then you listen and it is

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream