Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

19 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

I've been revisiting Chemtrails lately and it's hitting as hard if not harder than that summer of 2021. It's one of her best albums, it's probably the most sonically cohesive after Honeymoon and it contains some of the most unique and intriguing songwriting she's ever done.

White Dress? Tulsa Jesus Freak? Title track? Dark But Just a Game? Dance Till We Die? Wild At Heart? Yes this album eats :whine2:

I'd love Lasso to be a Chemtrails 2.0 in terms of lyricism approach - the way she tackled some subjects with such tenderness and simplicity is a songwriting feat in and of itself.

Stan Twitter

13 hours ago, barttttender said:

strongly disagree. White dreess, Chemtrails (the song), Wild at Heart, Not all those who wander, Dance till we die, and dark but just a game are quite interesting lyrically. As for "thought provoking", it's a more subtle record for sure, but there's definitely food for thought. Maybe not so much in a philosophical sense but atmospheric, painting a picture.

i find Ultraviolence to be overrated lyrically tbh. Plenty of repetitive lyrics (sad girl, is this happiness, guns and roses), and button-pushing with no substance (money, power glory, fucked my way up...) in the second half. So, I wouldn't be attacking Chemtrails when there's UV. 

I don’t think the ENTIRE album is devoid of that, I just think there is a major lack when compared to her other records. The album really falls apart in the second half for me. But also I cannot see Wild as Heart as an interesting song at all lol it’s like a mashup of every NFR song into one subpar package imo😭😭. Chemtrails is like an easy listening album to me and none of Lana’s other records are like that, which does make Chemtrails stand out in a way, but it’s not what I prefer from Lana. 

975879ca71d01ef914728e1d913db9c8ebe35e197a6779948f76453c1c7c3d67249eb70c2144a45946bb601b85b9a0ea979662afb98515387a76cc16

˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Chemtrails has been consistently in my top 3 since release so im here for all the love :oprah6: I know expecting a 2.0 of any album isn’t really reasonable, but if Lasso expands on the sounds she explored on Chemtrails I’d be here for it.

Lyrically, she’s said the songs are more simple and easier for people to like and Henry reminds me of IYLDWM, so who knows what the album will sound like. But if it’s another folky Chemtrails meets Blue Banisters (even though they’re like sisters), I’ll be here for it but I’ll pray for the rest of the fanbase  :lolno2:

Ohhh we're in the driest drought of this pre-release era when we start analysing an album that has been out for 3 years already. Well it's better than fighting :whatever2:

2.gif

6 minutes ago, Embach said:

Ohhh we're in the driest drought of this pre-release era when we start analysing an album that has been out for 3 years already. Well it's better than fighting :whatever2:

Well they can easily turn into fights… I was fighting for my life in ocean blvd pre release when I would say I didn’t like bb 😭

975879ca71d01ef914728e1d913db9c8ebe35e197a6779948f76453c1c7c3d67249eb70c2144a45946bb601b85b9a0ea979662afb98515387a76cc16

personally if i had to pick a 2.0 of any album to get.. it would be born to die or paradise... i love the cinematic sound and the old hollywood and religious motifs in the lyrics. I would really love for her to explore that sound again with a new perspective. 

I have always loved COTCC, I think it's her most cohesive album.

BUT let's talk about Lasso. Do you guys think if those Alabama(?) sessions from last July (during that waffle shop travel era) were part of Lasso?

2.gif

Just now, Embach said:

I have always loved COTCC, I think it's her most cohesive album.

BUT let's talk about Lasso. Do you guys think if those Alabama(?) sessions from last July (during that waffle shop travel era) were part of Lasso?

tbh i truly cannot tell... i kind of hope they aren't cause from what we knew about it it didn't seem very interesting

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

tbh i truly cannot tell... i kind of hope they aren't cause from what we knew about it it didn't seem very interesting

But I really hope she doesn't scrap the stuff she recorded there, it only makes my unreleased syndrome worse :rollin:

2.gif

3 minutes ago, Embach said:

I really, really, really want to believe that. I can feel how electrified the wires of the equipment were :pray2:

It's not even going to be country or folkish anymore. If it was still the case the album would come out in September cause she had plenty of time to finish it (other than the alleged 4 years with Jack she was recording again as soon as she released OB).

I'm still a September/fall truther but if it doesn't happen is cause she changed the whole thing around... I mean not even Tough made it :eek:

giphy.gif

Reminder that one of the instrumentals from the Alabama July 2023 sessions were Wurlitzers - these are electronic pianos/organs and they were used in Groupie Love, one of her most ethereal sounding instrumentals! :legend:

2.gif