Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

40 minutes ago, Embach said:

It's so interesting to read the "information we know so far" because nothing has changed and we still don't know what Lana and Jack has been cooking up in the studio + we don't know what those songs were, which she recorded in Alabama.

Also, I think that @Elle should update potential tracks list with Tough and the Fenway concert intro song. I know that Elle has been busy but thank you in advance ♥️ There's at least more to discuss about the potential tracks, which ones will make the cut and which ones won't. 

Another mystery surrounding Lasso is her Insta post, before Ocean Blvd was out, where she said she was making « magic with Ian » and she « hoped we liked country ». Unless it’s been debunked or clarified, but I don’t think so :stareney2: Like who is this Ian guy?

21 minutes ago, grandpas glass said:

what do you think about this message left on dbree last week?

https://dbree.org/v/277ae2

perhaps "end of July" was confused with July 30, although the month actually has 31 days...

I honestly think that that post is more credible than the previous one we got. It’s going to be very easy to debunk, if it’s the case, when this era officially starts. 
I’m really curious about the sound of Lasso, since I’m not the biggest fan at all of country music (although I really like Henry and what we could decipher of In God’s Time)

5 minutes ago, Ice Cream Ice Queen said:

We still have Aug 9 to look forward to. 

i don’t know what else to tell yalls :brigitte:

key to being a lana fan is let stuff come when it comes otherwise you'll just end up disappointed :mariah3:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

3 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Another mystery surrounding Lasso is her Insta post, before Ocean Blvd was out, where she said she was making « magic with Ian » and she « hoped we liked country ». Unless it’s been debunked or clarified, but I don’t think so :stareney2: Like who is this Ian guy?

Ian Doerr, a producer on Candy Necklace, was probably the Ian she was talking about, but the ‘hope you like country’ comment never panned out to anything. 

But its also fair to note when she did the Blue Banister’s release day live stream she was listening to Harry Nelson and said “this will be important later in the year’ and Tunnel didn’t come out for over a year after that comment, so she isn’t against playing the long game!

"Don’t forget me"

3 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

no you guys better not be this insufferable on aug 9 because Lana has promised NOTHING. she owes you NOTHING on august 9th or today

clock it 

7 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

i honestly always took that story as her telling the person she @'ed 'i hope you like country...' because she was playing it to them down the phone :aubrey:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

2 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

no you guys better not be this insufferable on aug 9 because Lana has promised NOTHING. she owes you NOTHING on august 9th or today

They’ll be even worse because the 9th is the ‘drop date’ and they’ll scream ‘surprise release’ from August 8th when nothing shows up in NZ until 11:59PM August 9th

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

Ian Doerr, a producer on Candy Necklace, was probably the Ian she was talking about, but the ‘hope you like country’ comment never panned out to anything. 

But its also fair to note when she did the Blue Banister’s release day live stream she was listening to Harry Nelson and said “this will be important later in the year’ and Tunnel didn’t come out for over a year after that comment, so she isn’t against playing the long game!

Oh thank you! Yeah, the « hope you like country » isn’t very much related to Candy Necklace (except maybe for the guitar part before the last chorus, but it’s a bit of a stretch). 

6 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

i honestly always took that story as her telling the person she @'ed 'i hope you like country...' because she was playing it to them down the phone 

Her exact caption was “talking to Annie for hours from Bakersfield to L.A. I hope you guys like country music” she was only talking to one person and she said ‘you guys’ and not that it really matters but that post is saved to her ‘I’m so random’ photos which makes me think she put it there for some (random) reason :thumb2:

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

They’ll be even worse because the 9th is the ‘drop date’ and they’ll scream ‘surprise release’ from August 8th when nothing shows up in NZ until 11:59PM August 9th

like they know Lana lives in LA why would she be up at 9am BST to announce something on instagram :brigitte:

3 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

when she randomly annouces tracklist and it turns that she reunited with Rick on the project:oprah4:

She better. Idk why that hoe doesnt work with him anymore lol. (I meant hoe in a joking way)

Just now, DemonMic2003 said:

She better. Idk why that hoe doesnt work with him anymore lol. (I meant hoe in a joking way)

maybe wanting something new. but i don't think her post-LFL sound with Rick would be different. she will still strip down her sound. NFR, COCC and OB (+BB) still happening.

im pissed bc i trusted this insider since they gave us the lasso cover and now they lyin it's 6pm here on east coast where tf is this soft launch

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

She's been working on Lasso for 4 years so I think the "hope you guys like country music" was definitely related to Lasso, regardless when it comes she knows it's coming and we better get on board :dance2:

Don’t forget that BOZ has said MULTIPLE times he doesn’t like talking about Lana because of how often she changes her mind. 

It’s very possible it was planned for today and then got pushed last minute. The Greatest and FIILY both were advertised and released by Google on accident, because her team didn’t stop it. 

I trust the insider and I also trust the ability of Lana to change her plans at the very last minute. 

"Don’t forget me"