Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

I know she doesn't care about making the albums fully cohesive (they still are but there are always some outliers) but the intro song sounds straight up from BTD/Paradise so I can't imagine it in the same record as Henry or a country album in general :hide:

So it's either that the concept of Lasso was changed or the intro is not on the album.

It makes sense to preview an upcoming song in a sold out stadium show so I predict the former :true:

giphy.gif

38 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I know she doesn't care about making the albums fully cohesive (they still are but there are always some outliers) but the intro song sounds straight up from BTD/Paradise so I can't imagine it in the same record as Henry or a country album in general :hide:

So it's either that the concept of Lasso was changed or the intro is not on the album.

It makes sense to preview an upcoming song in a sold out stadium show so I predict the former :true:

What intro? Did I miss something? Was it played when she toured? 

37 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Who would have thought that Sweet, Fingertips and Peppers would be on the same album the first time you heard it?

7 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

What intro? Did I miss something? Was it played when she toured? 

She played a whole new intro for her Fenway stadium show on June 20th!

2.gif

2 minutes ago, Embach said:

She played a whole new intro for her Fenway stadium show on June 20th!

Thanks, Embach. I appreciate it. Maybe I can find a video on YouTube. It sounds like something I'd appreciate. 

3 hours ago, barttttender said:

It'll come, babe. She's not gonna drop 10-15 songs she's been working on for 5 years. Not when she's got a hit in Tough, and she's got gems like Mirror, Henry and Prettiest Girl ready at hand. 

My guess is that she had a solid country record and was genuinely aiming for a September release. And then she heard Cowboy Carter, Hit Me Hard and Soft and other releases and realized the record is not up to par and she needs to work on it a bit more.

I'm guessing she's adding some beats, tweaking it, changing stuff, adding new songs, etc.

I'm still hoping for the first single in September. So, at least she'll have given us something to latch onto. The song she's just registered is probably that.

Lets work it out on the remix.

Thanks, everyone. I must have been asleep. I missed so much. How beautiful Lana looks and how nice to see her dueting with Mason Ramsey and Stephen Sanchez. Her connection to artists around her continues. 

I think something might be coming soon tbh, it’s the second email from polydor in 2 days trying to shift old Lana stock.. so maybe trying to make room for new items (wishful thinking lol)

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

31 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I think something might be coming soon tbh, it’s the second email from polydor in 2 days trying to shift old Lana stock.. so maybe trying to make room for new items (wishful thinking lol)

I'm not getting any emails even tho I've signed up for anything Lana related:slayty:

I really hope we get a Paradise sister album instead of Lasso. Not saying sonically I want Paradise again hell, I would even be content with Lana even working with Jack again on it for all I care, I just don't want Lasso.

edit: or country.

10 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

I really hope we get a Paradise sister album instead of Lasso. Not saying sonically I want Paradise again hell, I would even be content with Lana even working with Jack again on it for all I care, I just don't want Lasso.

edit: or country.

Something similar to paradise/btd/uv would be just heaven. Im really not that fan of country and jack 

O1y-Q6ay-OBY.gif

HOLY SHIT YALL SHE JUST ANNOUNCED SHES RELEASING A COUNTRY ALBUM CALLED LASSO THAT SHES BEEN WORKING WITH JACK ON FOR YEARS NOW

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

I listened to the supposed lasso material on the "Lanita's Songs" channel on youtube. I'm too sensitive today and I really enjoyed it :true:

I would absolutely be in favor of getting a country album and a conditional "AKA Lizzy Grant" official release within one year!:bang:

16 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

HOLY SHIT YALL SHE JUST ANNOUNCED SHES RELEASING A COUNTRY ALBUM CALLED LASSO THAT SHES BEEN WORKING WITH JACK ON FOR YEARS NOW

Me on February 1st when I opened www.lanaboards.com at 8 am morning

2.gif

2 hours ago, grandpas glass said:

Who would have thought that Sweet, Fingertips and Peppers would be on the same album the first time you heard it?

I get what you're saying but Sweet and Fingertips sound like the same Lana era writing wise and while Peppers is a banger and clashes with the overall sound of the album it's still very much a post LFL Lana track. The production is upbeat but other than the sample the overall feel is still a Jack upbeat track similar to the Norman ones.

The Fenway intro sounds like Tim Larcombe and Rick Nowels fused together so I'd be really surprised if it's a Jack song (but I'd also be surprised if she worked again with her old producers so who knows... :um2:

If it is indeed In God's Time I'm sure it has additional production by someone else cause I doubt it's only Jack and Lana (similar to FIILY having the extra drums probably added by Andrew Watt)

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

Me when I want to spice up my life with warning points :sadcore6:

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sick of it

pet96.gif pet96.gif pet96.gif

54 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

Me when I want to spice up my life with warning points :sadcore6:

How would that ever get a WP 😭

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden